Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Is KonamiofJapan mocking American developers? Order of Shadows needs a REMAKE.  (Read 14015 times)

SymboliC

For all I know, OoS was just a KCEA plan.

Offline Gunners Heaven

• Awards
I'd really like to see Order of Shadows get an actual release.  The first Belmont in a CV game and years and it is dropped onto a cell phone?  This game could've been on DS where I think it would have sold pretty well.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
OoS is a game I would have killed for on, say, the Game Gear. Too bad it's A) on a damned phone and B) not released in 1994.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
OoS is a game I would have killed for on, say, the Game Gear. Too bad it's A) on a damned phone and B) not released in 1994.

if it does well I'm sure they'll port it to something else as like an extra in the next CV portable title or for PC download. (probably for a small price as the game is only like 6 bones right now)
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Xadion

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
I always thought Yokoi was killed in a car accident and not fired? And that standard really goes for almost all major corporations worldwide. You either make money or they find somebody who will, if the business isn't making a profit your spot's always in Jeopardy.

Sony bailed Square out of FF:TSW money hole hence the long standing contract of main titled "Final Fantasy" games are for the sony game console even to this day- the "Main" Final Fantasy is for PS1/2/3 etc- Enix was a result of even more square money sinkage

atleast the technology they built from - 000101011 up for the spirits within is getting alot of use with squeenix's wonderfully done CGI :-)

--Edit: bah wrong quote...oh well stupid button!! :-D

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
I highly doubt Konami looks down on American developers considering Contra 4 was handled by an American company.

Haven't played Order of Shadows, but it's a cell phone game. It probably sucks and looks like ass and so forth because it is a cell phone game.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
It's a shame that Castlevania has been disgraced by having a cell phone game. It really should have had a better version. I think it's about time for another console title...
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
In Reply To #21

Uh, I might be in the minority here, but I think Order of Shadows is better than HoD.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
In Reply To #21

Uh, I might be in the minority here, but I think Order of Shadows is better than HoD.

o_O

OoS didn't look bad for a cellphone game, though I was only able to play like...1 minute of it. It was a little ambitious for them to make a metroidvania CV for a cell phone for starters.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
In Reply To #24

I had more fun wiht OoS than I did with HoD. OoS didn't drag on, it got to the point, had some cool weapons, some decent music, and a story that is really no worse than most of the Castleroid stories. Just my 2 cents, but...

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Well, I don't know if I'd go as far as to say Order was better than Harmony, but I think next to Legends, Harmony is my least favorite. At least Harmony was a full game on a great system. I do think that Order and the Order characters have good potential. I think with Desmond's sisters they could explain where the Morris' and the Renard's come into the story and how they're related to the Belmont's
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

Except as it is placed now Desmond seems to be Simon's father or grandfather. The game's placed in the late 1600s from what I heard.

Genya Arikado

OoS will mkost likely be removed from the canon.

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
It was already removed from the canon when they pitched the idea to IGA.
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Genya Arikado

Oh, good.

Tags: