Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What would you want in a Curse of the Moon 3?  (Read 3205 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
What would you want in a Curse of the Moon 3?
« on: July 25, 2020, 07:01:45 PM »
Assuming Bloodstained Curse of the Moon series continues to plot games that in an alternate reality would lead up to a Ritual of the Night game, what do you think the next iteration might be, could be, or would like to be?

Can we handle another Dracula’s Curse homage?  Are we ready for a 16 bit game?  Would a game paying homage to one of Iga’s other favorite games Rondo of Blood be possible?  Would you be willing to drop the number of playable characters to 1 or maybe 2?  Should we ditch the sword for a proper whip?

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
Re: What would you want in a Curse of the Moon 3?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 08:01:13 PM »
I know basically nothing about any of the bloodbath games, but I made a list anyway, based on important CV lore that should be integrated -

- skeletons on motorcycles
- unforgiving clock tower stage
- duplicitous townsfolk
- weapons forgemaster system
- yelling names when you switch chars
- functional tattoos
- magic seals
- double Crissaegrim
- triple jump
- vampire maids
- homing knives
- day/night system
- Koji Igarashi interview
- magical nitro
- LV 1 cap
- Slogra & Gaibon cameo
- back flip into wolf form
- The Villa (lightning strikes)
- Tsuchinuko
- 1000.0% map completion
- revenge against god

All of these things are absolutely necessary to fully embrace the spirit of the series.  Don't cheap out on us now iga!

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2020, 12:53:45 AM »
Wouldn't mind seeing the next game being a 16-bit esque rendition with art style similar to those in Lecarde Chronicles titles
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 06:06:24 AM »
I don't think we've had a 16 bit game with CV3's character switching. You did that in Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin, but those were from the DS era, not the SNES era. I think a game in SCIV or Rondo of Blood's sprite style, but with CotM's character switching, would be peachy.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 08:11:25 AM »
Considering where the CotM2 tries to go in its final chapter, I wouldn't be against an 8-bit Metroidvania style of game.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 09:03:57 AM »
Considering where the CotM2 tries to go in its final chapter, I wouldn't be against an 8-bit Metroidvania style of game.
Honestly I'd have to disagree. If Curse went Metroidvania too then gameplay-wise it wouldn't be different enough from Ritual to justify it being a different sub-series. I'd be fine with a Rondo-style branching progression though.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline SecretWeapon

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 09:22:46 AM »
- vampire maids

we have demon hostesses, which is kinda the same
https://bloodstained.fandom.com/wiki/Lili

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2020, 11:11:22 AM »
I would like to see a 16-bit CotM title. I've not yet tried CotM2 but I intend to.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2020, 05:44:15 PM »
Not a full-blown Metroidvania, but a Simon's Quest-style romp through the countryside would be fun.

Tags:

anything