Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I've been Youtubed!  (Read 6992 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 11:45:23 AM »
People just don't like the police because they cant handle being caught doing something wrong. They think they're all above the law, and their judgment is superior.

To be fair, in some rare cases there are bogus laws though.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 11:42:34 AM »
People don't always like the police because the police are not always trustworthy nor just. Humanity is fickle and susceptible to both influence and desire; a cop is nothing but a man in a costume.

Well sure, like all professions there are good cops and there are bad cops.  But who assumes all architects are corrupt just 'cause some are crappy?  Do you trust the guy making your burger at Mcdonalds?  I promise you there are some fast food employees out there that DO spit in the food once in awhile.  Do you judge all fast food workers based on them?

A few police aren't trustworthy, so you write off the whole bunch?  Your argument is garbage.  What's the real reason you don't like cops?

Offline Giz

• Also Sprach Zarathustra
  • Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: I've been Youtubed!
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 02:58:19 PM »
My argument? I'm saying nothing of my own opinion, simply saying how people can still dislike the police. This forum sure does love its assumptions, doesn't it?

I'm saying people don't necessarily trust the Police, because as I said before, humanity is fickle and susceptible to influence. Cops are intimidating because they are no different from any other man, and yet they possess more power - authoritave and otherwise. This power can be abused and is so more often then you may think. As for the 'write off
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 08:08:24 PM by Giz »
-----------
If there's anything that would make me hate the classic Castlevania games, it most certainly isn't the games themselves; but rather, that ignorant fraction of their fanbase.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009, 07:08:04 PM »
In Reply To #18

Well, what you said doesn't follow, and my post pointed that out.

Offline Giz

• Also Sprach Zarathustra
  • Forsaken
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: I've been Youtubed!
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2009, 08:32:46 PM »
Well, what you said doesn't follow, and my post pointed that out.
-----------
If there's anything that would make me hate the classic Castlevania games, it most certainly isn't the games themselves; but rather, that ignorant fraction of their fanbase.

Tags: