Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (1999 Fan Project)  (Read 456272 times)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Re: Castlevania: Umbra of Sorrow (Fan Project)
« Reply #420 on: February 22, 2016, 04:56:07 PM »
OK so, I have done some research, written a bit, developed some ideas, killed others, and I'll say who is this "new" character and what I have in mind for her.

The character is Cecilia L. Lang (セシリア・L・ラング Seshiria Eru Rangu) and she is distantly related to the Belmonts. She was born in 1964, so by 1999, Cecilia is 35.

She was taken under Jonathan's employ when she was 26, in 1990, when Julius Belmont's heavy training started. He needed a helping hand from a trustworthy party to keep an eye for him and his property while he went out to train Julius far from home. So, Cecilia acts kinda like a caretaker/assistant to Jonathan Morris, who will guard the Vampire Killer and other special items/weapons and his property while he is gone.

She knows how to fight, having learned much from Jonathan himself. But she's not fond of conflict, and prefers a quiet life. But if needed be, she can whip/slice your head off in a second.

Cecilia is the mother figure for Julius. While he learned to be a fearsome opponent from Jonathan, he also learned to not let violence cloud his judgment from her.

That's it (well not really since I'm intentionally ommiting details as to not spoil all at once xD ). Questions or critique are welcome.

EDIT: Placed her age wrong and forgot one detail. Corrected it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 06:43:42 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #421 on: February 22, 2016, 09:14:37 PM »
L is for what? Lecarde?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
« Reply #422 on: February 23, 2016, 07:16:47 AM »
+1
L is for what? Lecarde?

Indeed it is.

She's the daughter of one of the Lecarde sisters. But, as Jonathan's burden of the whip ends with Julius, so does the Lecarde burden with the spear ends with Alucard. Yet, Cecilia did inherit something, in the end, which she uses to defend Jonathan's property.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 01:29:40 PM by theplottwist »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #423 on: February 23, 2016, 01:48:05 PM »
Don't remember if you mentioned them somewhere else, but I'd be interested to know what happened to the Lecarde sisters and to Vincent after PoR (and which ending is canon in your own canon). :)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #424 on: February 23, 2016, 02:25:29 PM »
Don't remember if you mentioned them somewhere else, but I'd be interested to know what happened to the Lecarde sisters and to Vincent after PoR (and which ending is canon in your own canon). :)

OK so, the ending I consider canon for PoR would be the one where Jonathan uses the Vampire Killer to kill Dracula, and Vincent is cured.

After PoR, the first thing done was seal again the power of the Vampire Killer. This was a job done by the sisters.

Little time after that, Jonathan started displaying health issues. By studying the cause it was determined that Jonathan was still infected with a memory of Richter, and that this was causing his health to slowly decline. He used the whip MUCH less than his father, so he was not going to die, but his health was doomed to decline until he ended up forced to cease fighting, and he wasn't up to take that.

So, Charlotte and the sisters started studying a way to cure Jonathan, and even though they couldn't figure out a way to erase the memory, they eventually opted for another method. The sisters isolated the Richter memory on Jonathan's right hand, and took it off. Following this, Charlotte marked Jonathan with a glyph forged from his decepated hand -- Dextro Fio --, thus giving Jonathan the ability to materialize a new right hand from his arm through the power of the glyph (just like Shanoa could materialize wings using Volaticus).

Finally, in 1964, Stella had a child, and that is Cecilia Lang, which went to live with Jonathan by 1990. She inherited a weapon from him after being trained by her mother, which she uses to guard Jonathan's property.

Vincent simply returned to his tasks at the church, being mainly one of Charlotte's assistants as she rose amongst the ranks to become the most powerful sorcerer.

"Why Jonathan's right hand?"

Because Jonathan still planned to fight Dracula if no Belmont came. He's left handed, and his real left hand would need to be in contact with the whip for its power to work properly in 1999, if needed.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 02:49:50 PM by theplottwist »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #425 on: February 23, 2016, 03:05:59 PM »
Yet, Cecilia did inherit something, in the end, which she uses to defend Jonathan's property.

I imagine what it is...

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #426 on: February 23, 2016, 03:10:27 PM »
I imagine what it is...

(click to show/hide)

I see you've been reading the thread. Smarty smarty~

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #427 on: February 23, 2016, 03:55:09 PM »
Also it was the first weapon that came to my mind when you said slash and a lot of known weapons already had a wielder. Must be because its one of my fav games :P
Now if it was something from the N64 or PS2 I would be clueless hehehe
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #428 on: February 23, 2016, 05:17:30 PM »
Also it was the first weapon that came to my mind when you said slash and a lot of known weapons already had a wielder. Must be because its one of my fav games :P
Now if it was something from the N64 or PS2 I would be clueless hehehe

In Umbra the story reason has to do with the fact that the Stellar Sword and Stella have the same exact name in japanese. Stella was named after the sword, and Cecilia inherits it in place of her mother, who should have inherited it, but Eric gave it to Jonathan instead, since he believed Stella was lost forever.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 05:23:55 PM by theplottwist »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #429 on: February 23, 2016, 10:09:02 PM »
Interesting! Thanks! :)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #430 on: February 23, 2016, 10:31:26 PM »
In Umbra the story reason has to do with the fact that the Stellar Sword and Stella have the same exact name in japanese. Stella was named after the sword, and Cecilia inherits it in place of her mother, who should have inherited it, but Eric gave it to Jonathan instead, since he believed Stella was lost forever.

Hahaha you would believe if I said that I was thinking the same thing about Stella and Stellar after you confirmed that it was indeed the weapon? You're really brilliant by not letting the chance slip.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #431 on: February 24, 2016, 08:39:49 AM »
Hahaha you would believe if I said that I was thinking the same thing about Stella and Stellar after you confirmed that it was indeed the weapon? You're really brilliant by not letting the chance slip.

This was discussed some months ago, and you might want to take a look. Some things are kinda different right now (like how does Julius learn the Omnia Vanitas), but the explanation behind the sword is still the same, with the same rationale and evidence to back it up.

http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,7852.msg181871.html#msg181871
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 11:52:30 AM by theplottwist »

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #432 on: February 24, 2016, 05:28:16 PM »
Added Cecilia Lang to the roster of characters in the first page.

I've been intentionally hiding a trait about her. Let's see if you can discover what it is :P

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #433 on: February 24, 2016, 05:35:29 PM »
Did she inherit anything from the fact that her mother was cured of vampirism?
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
    • Awards
« Reply #434 on: February 24, 2016, 05:42:05 PM »
Did she inherit anything from the fact that her mother was cured of vampirism?

She did not!

The detail I'm omitting for now has exclusivelly to do with herself. It's merely a character trait that led her to teach Julius something special -- which ultimatelly led him to sparing Soma.

Tags: 1999 Awes 

anything