Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: SC4 Japanese plot translated?  (Read 11254 times)

Offline Shinobi

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2015, 09:21:35 AM »
So basically, Castlevania 1 sets in earth 1, Haunted Castle sets in earth 2, Super Castlevania 4 sets in earth 3, Castlevania Chronicles/X6800 sets in earth 4. A reference to The Flash season 2

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
  • With his Whip and Courage
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2015, 10:49:13 AM »
I never really minded the idea of Mathias, but it wasn't executed that well. We hear about him in the beginning, never hear from him again, so his betrayal is EXTREMELY easy to guess from a mile away.

I just remember when I first started to play CV4 when I was young, and how its more realistic and adult theme pulled me in. I remember the back story, and assumed the Belmonts have caught Drac for hundreds and hundreds of years (His unspeakable actions were consistently thwarted by the Belmont family), and how I wanted to learn and k ow about those other confrontations, yet loved the mystery and unknown history.

I like to say:
Legends
CV3
Adventure
Belmonts Revenge
CV4
Simons Quest
Dracula X
SOTN
OoE
CotM
LoD
CV64
Bloodlines
PoR
Julius game that we should be gotten lol
Aria
Dawn

And even after that, I just wish it was Drac vs Belmonts from like LoI time and every century, because I love me some Belmont vs Drac action, but as games started to require heavier stories, CV had to follow (hence some cheesiness in the CV plots like in CV64's Reinhardt Rosa love story).

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2015, 08:33:41 PM »
I never really minded the idea of Mathias, but it wasn't executed that well. We hear about him in the beginning, never hear from him again, so his betrayal is EXTREMELY easy to guess from a mile away.

Well he wasn't in 99% of the game, that made it incredibly obvious.

Although I like Mathias and LOI's story, it sort of pissed me off that the LOI in game character model of him doesn't really match the manual's artwork. The rest of the characters match the artwork a lot better. The man is supposed to look androgynous and a bit like CVC's Dracula facially - wtf is this shit http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/castlevania/images/5/5e/MathiasCronqvistLOI.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20080704095706

(hence some cheesiness in the CV plots like in CV64's Reinhardt Rosa love story).

I wonder if Reinhardt hit that? It was quite an unlikely love story, but at the same time I found it was more about "acceptance" than traditional love. Hector/ Julia is more about love or two people hooking up in the dark ages.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline coinilius

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2015, 09:49:29 PM »
Personally I think that Rinaldo should have been dropped from LoI and his role given to Mathias - imagine if Mathias had been helping you the whole time, and even helped you create the Vampire Killer, only to have him betray you at the end.  Would have been a lot more powerful, IMO.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 10:05:30 PM »
Personally I think that Rinaldo should have been dropped from LoI and his role given to Mathias - imagine if Mathias had been helping you the whole time, and even helped you create the Vampire Killer, only to have him betray you at the end.  Would have been a lot more powerful, IMO.

This is a story I would have preferred more. But the creation of the whip would be a problem if Matthias was the one helping you. He never would make a suggestion to upgrade the whip at all.

Offline coinilius

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2015, 10:14:55 PM »
This is a story I would have preferred more. But the creation of the whip would be a problem if Matthias was the one helping you. He never would make a suggestion to upgrade the whip at all.

But maybe he is so (over)confident in his ability to manipulate Leon that he doesn't see it as a problem?  The whip needed to be upgraded to defeat Walter and he needed Walter defeated so he could claim his soul with the Crimson Stone... and it's not like he lets Leon actually fight him in the game as is.  It also leads back to Walter's kidnapping of Sara - he knew the circumstances needed to power up the whip and basically arranged for everything to come to a head.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2015, 11:07:21 PM »

Mathias must have believed Leon could defeat Walter though, otherwise he wouldn't have bothered to kidnap Sara. If Walter's soul could have been absorbed from they very start, and Mathias didn't need him defeated in order to absorb his soul why would Mathias - a genius war tactician - mastermind this whole thing? The plot points at him using Leon to defeat Walter for this very reason as well as offering him the chance to reject God. 

But maybe he is so (over)confident in his ability to manipulate Leon that he doesn't see it as a problem?  The whip needed to be upgraded to defeat Walter and he needed Walter defeated so he could claim his soul with the Crimson Stone...
This is true. I think Mathias expected Leon to defeat Walter, he just never expected him to defeat Death. As a failsafe in the event Death lost I doubt Mathias expected Leon to escape a crumbling fortress.

and it's not like he lets Leon actually fight him in the game as is.  It also leads back to Walter's kidnapping of Sara - he knew the circumstances needed to power up the whip and basically arranged for everything to come to a head.
As stated above.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2015, 11:15:34 AM »
I wonder if Reinhardt hit that? It was quite an unlikely love story, but at the same time I found it was more about "acceptance" than traditional love. Hector/ Julia is more about love or two people hooking up in the dark ages.

Lol I think so  ;D I always found it to be that cliche where the hero HAS to end with a girl in his arms. I thought her story was really well executed, though. The atte.pted suicide scene is really powerful.

Carries story had a lot of good emotional bits, fighting her brainwashed cousin is also pretty powerful; having to kill a family member because they're brainwashed. Then her ending is really good, mainly cus of the music track there
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 11:23:58 AM by Crying Freeman »

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2015, 11:17:16 AM »
So basically, Castlevania 1 sets in earth 1, Haunted Castle sets in earth 2, Super Castlevania 4 sets in earth 3, Castlevania Chronicles/X6800 sets in earth 4. A reference to The Flash season 2

;D lol. Shows going great so far on a side note.

Tags: