Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania was inspired by Lupin III?!  (Read 9390 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Re: Castlevania was inspired by Lupin III?!
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 06:04:43 PM »
To be honest, I'm a HUGE Lupin fan and have known about this for a while now.

Got into it back when it first started coming on Adult swim.

But I find it funny/(sad) that some will try to use this against the old series. :rollseyes:
It's not about bashing the old series, it's just a funny paralel to the bashing of the new series, that seems so cool these days.

Everything comes full circle

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2013, 07:57:59 PM »
I'm not exactly sure if anyone can use obvious film influences in video games as a way to bash or demean them since a very hefty portion of games are derived/strongly influenced by films. Classic Konami games like Contra, Castlevania, Metal Gear, and Alamana No Kiseki are derived entirely from a variety of films and make no effort to hide it. Even modern games like Dead Space take cues from recent movies (Dead Space is pretty much Event Horizon: The Video Game).

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 09:30:15 PM »
I wont put it past hater...

(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 09:14:39 PM »
To be honest, I'm a HUGE Lupin fan and have known about this for a while now.

Ditto.

The clock tower in the Lupin movie, Castle of Cagliostro, completely crumbles and falls apart, just like in Castlevania III.

The inspiration from the Lupin movie is clear as day all over.

Tags:

anything