Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: SotN Rewrite (COMPLETE!)  (Read 21902 times)

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2013, 12:54:44 PM »
Yeah I think you have the right idea anyhow. I mean trying to make the dialogue periodically correct is impossible in some ways. However a reference to it by maybe using bits and pieces to give a more authentic feeling could work quite well. Leaving out words used only in very modern forms of english where possible could help this as well.

I like the idea you are working on here. I may have always pictured the sotn dialogue as something that should be periodically correct to a degree but the other big thing I always had in my mind after playing was the lack of dialogue in general in the game. Expanding upon the dialogue really does add so much more depth to the plot even if no new details are actually added. Interesting stuff to say the least really.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2013, 06:31:46 PM »
Thank you very much sir. Maybe soon I'll find some inspiration to finish this already. I've been too buried in my work on my original stories.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2013, 08:00:01 PM »
Updated. Added two more scenes. Gonna work on the battle against Richter and the inverted castle stuff tomorrow.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2013, 10:12:32 AM »
Great job! Did you restore the Succubus' raunchy lines? After all she is a succubus and they are sexually driven no-matter the situation.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2013, 12:16:25 PM »
Listen to this guy hes fapping to text now :)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2013, 12:49:12 PM »
Great job! Did you restore the Succubus' raunchy lines? After all she is a succubus and they are sexually driven no-matter the situation.

Yes, I re-added the DXC line. As for the rest of the script, I kept it the way it was. I decided to not include the fight between Alucard and Maria since... it doesn't really make sense.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 07:33:27 PM »
And with that, I am pretty much finished with this rewrite! Unfortunately, due to a max character count on posts, I cannot include the last few scenes in the first post, so they'll be right here!

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 07:49:27 PM by Claimh Solais »

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 09:24:00 PM »
Nice! I wonder if there is a way to get the first post fixed from someone who could modify it without a limit. Could also copy it all into a txt file for download or something and add that the first post.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 09:45:34 PM »
So what better way to rid myself of a pesky problem... then to have them fight each other?
Is that a typo I see?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:51:37 PM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2013, 10:38:11 AM »
Yes. I am the one who brought about the resurrection of your father four years ago.
That was, until Belmont and his doll came forth and ruined my plans...
But all has not yet been lost.
This world must be cleansed in a forge of Chaos.

Correction. Shaft brought about Dracula's resurrection five years ago, not four.

Rondo - 1792

SotN - 1797

Just FYI  :)
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2013, 12:34:41 PM »
Correction. Shaft brought about Dracula's resurrection five years ago, not four.

Rondo - 1792

SotN - 1797

Damn you now I have to go look this up because I could have sworn I read or heard right in the official material it was 4 years. If I am right does that mean they made a mistake in the official material? Hmmm time to go find out.

Found it:

Shaft would continue to exist as a spirit contained within a crystal ball. However, in the five years since the previous battle, Shaft manages to regain power through the curse placed on Richter. After four years, Shaft succeeds in gaining full control over Richter. He plans to revive Dracula with the aid of Richter's powers. Maria sets out to find the missing Richter only to stumble on Dracula's castle which had risen out of the mist. Sensing the rise of evil, Alucard awakes from a 300 year slumber. Thanks to Alucard, Richter is freed from Shaft's influence.  Unable to influence Richter further but with enough power to act on his own, Shaft summons Dracula's true castle as an inverted floating version in the sky above the current castle.

That doesn't sound very clear when you first read it but I believe what this means is that yes it is 5 years later but during the 4th year richter had fallen under complete control. So shaft spent the last 5 years gaining control over richter and summoning the castle.

I think the fact that they mention 4 years at all confuses people. I have seen the 5 year gap mistaken for only 4 all over the place so much so that I thought it was 4 myself having simply never payed close enough attention to the years to know otherwise.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 12:42:08 PM by Corpsecrank »

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2013, 07:48:04 PM »
Is that a typo I see?

Whoops. Will fix.

Rondo - 1792

SotN - 1797

Yes, it seems I was confused, since in the intro it spoke of four years later. I forgot about the actual five year gap between the events of the stories.
Nice! I wonder if there is a way to get the first post fixed from someone who could modify it without a limit. Could also copy it all into a txt file for download or something and add that the first post.

Not too big a problem, since I included a link to the second post in the topic post. A text file doesn't sound too outta the question, though.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2013, 08:03:52 PM »
I think the fact that they mention 4 years at all confuses people. I have seen the 5 year gap mistaken for only 4 all over the place so much so that I thought it was 4 myself having simply never payed close enough attention to the years to know otherwise.

Yeah this lead to a lot of confusion although I was probably one of the very few that knew that actual dates just by reading the instruction manual as the years of both games are in there.

Tags:

anything