Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: HO HO HO thoughts about satan  (Read 11772 times)

Offline sannyclause

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: December 20, 2012, 07:30:55 AM »
HO HO HO when satan was revealed to be the main villain of los what did you think about, did you love it did you hate it, are you excited to see him again in LOS 2, comment below and let me know :)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 07:36:02 AM »
+1
HO HO HO You spoiled almost everyone who didn't finish LoS1.

On topic: at first, I hated him, as I wanted Dracula. Then, with more time and knowing more about the plot, I liked him a bit more. But I still prefer Dante's Inferno's Satan.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 07:56:21 AM »
But I still prefer Dante's Inferno's Satan.
So you actually like his monstrous shlong in full view? :P
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 08:00:57 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 08:01:01 AM »
HO HO HO Satan being the last boss was leaked right before LoS was released, so i think it's common knowledge by now so the limitation on "spoiler" may have expired, imo of course

butt, Satan's presence in LoS kinda makes sense if you think about it. The LoS saga has been said to be from Dracula's perspective, and it shows how Dracula basicallu usurps Satan's throne for Hell, making him the new "Lord of Darkness." which is why Zobek says "Satan's acolytes are preparing for his return," because they're still loyal to him, the original fallen angel. Dracula's battling Satan's demons in LoS2 because they want revenge. That's how I understand it anyway.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 08:10:34 AM »
So you actually like his monstrous shlong in full view? :P
Yeah. Except THAT thing.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 08:46:13 AM »
Like all others, I legitimately believed Jason Isaacs would be doing the voice of Dracula, who would have been the final boss of LoS.

However, upon discovering it was Satan, I was like, "...Ooooookaaaaay..." and didn't really expect much. But after reaching that point in the game, and hearing Isaacs' performance, I was wowed. And not to mention that it was an incredible boss fight (but nothing compared to the Silver Knight).

Overall, I think his inclusion was a plus, though I would have liked it if they gave some foreshadowing of his presence somewhere in the storyline.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 08:59:44 AM »
Like all others, I legitimately believed Jason Isaacs would be doing the voice of Dracula, who would have been the final boss of LoS.

Overall, I think his inclusion was a plus, though I would have liked it if they gave some foreshadowing of his presence somewhere in the storyline.

Oh hooooooo, but they did.

Before meeting his end, Abbott Dorin told Gabriel and Zobek that they were demons who were working for The Devil and that The Devil told him that they would be coming. His ramblings turned out to be not-so-crazy.
And then of course Baba Yaga told Gabriel that her master, "The King of the Angels" told her that he would be coming, which got Zobek super nervous.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Melanicus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 09:08:47 AM »
HO HO HO You spoiled almost everyone who didn't finish LoS1.

On topic: at first, I hated him, as I wanted Dracula. Then, with more time and knowing more about the plot, I liked him a bit more. But I still prefer Dante's Inferno's Satan.

I prefer LoS's. Yeah, in Dante's Inferno he's more traditional looking and visually impressive, but in LoS he acts more like I would expect. In Dante's Inferno Satan comes across as kind of whiny ("...and then he created YOU in His image..and I was supposed to bow down to YOU!?"), and pretty much begs not to be put back in his "prison". In LoS he's still acting like a dick when he's badly wounded and Gabriel has him in a chokehold, and commands that Gabriel release him, knowing God's probably about to send him back to hell. I think in LoS he's a much better villan.
"Quiet, Yoda and Obi-wan! Be MODERATE with the Force, Luke!! Or: Be STRONG with the LIGHT SIDE, but in *using it*, Luke, use the appropriate strength!!"

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 09:31:16 AM »

Before meeting his end, Abbott Dorin told Gabriel and Zobek that they were demons who were working for The Devil and that The Devil told him that they would be coming. His ramblings turned out to be not-so-crazy.
And then of course Baba Yaga told Gabriel that her master, "The King of the Angels" told her that he would be coming, which got Zobek super nervous.

And don't forget Cornell mentioned that the brotherhood founders were trying to defeat Satan and his army. Im guessing most people forgot about it because they mention him very early on and very little throughout the game ( like a grand total of three times. )

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 10:17:33 AM »
He was cheesy and clichéd. And I simply can't take someone wearing black smoke underpants seriously.

Overall, time has done serious damage to Satan as a villain or a personification of evil. Of course it could be argued if he was ever actually meant as one anyway. As a character I prefer him as someone working so far behind the shadows he's hardly mentioned. Or that he has a hell of a lot better things to do than petty bad things or dreams of world domination. The antiheroic or neutral type is the type of Satan I like.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 10:20:06 AM by Santa Count »

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 10:32:12 AM »

I thought "The King of the Angels" was referring to Pan.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 11:30:26 AM »
 I thought it was about time he showed up in the franchise. We already went to hell in DoS, it was only logical to go the next step.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Heuss

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 01:13:20 PM »
Ermmm i prefer LOS Satan... and this classic..

"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Heuss

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: HO HO HO thoughts about satan
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2012, 02:41:19 PM »
Satan is now part of the universe of Castlevania's creatures

http://www.creativeuncut.com/gallery-23/cmof-library-statue.html

Tags:

anything