Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 584595 times)

Offline suomynona

• Vampire Hunter
  • Bloodstained : Delay of the Night
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #1665 on: November 24, 2018, 05:39:00 PM »
Final Fantasy XIV

now been playing like an year or so. Can tell that it is one of the best games I've played

Online Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1666 on: November 25, 2018, 06:33:57 PM »
The Azure Striker Gunvolt Special Mission 5 is possible but fucking brutal. I hate this design that every boss has one million HP and with super moves unable to interrupt - the Mega Man X8 shit - though player also has one sweet default super move but never change the fact that Special Mission 5 is the shittiest thing I've ever played. There's just brutal execute super moves or die sections on Nova phase 2. Asimov feels like he has billions of stamina while he can easily kill my level 60-ish Gunvolt by two hits and I encountered a glitch while the ground thunder he summons comes continuously at EVERY THREE SECONDS. Then I have no choice but rage quit, close the computer, and restart the game the next day. After vanquishing this horrible Special Mission 5, there's only anguish left and no actual feel of achievement at all.

But good news is... I've finally done with this game...! Nor do I care about those stupidly ridiculous Steam achievements, my only remaining wish is they should release the rest of Gunvolt series title to Steam - FOR A COMPLETE SAGA!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 04:03:41 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1667 on: November 28, 2018, 11:00:34 AM »
Started playing Valkyria Chronicles IV. Loving it so far. I was a big fan of the original, disliked the sequel, and never played 3. VC IV feels like the first true sequel, even though not much has changed from the original. Still, I’m having a blast.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1668 on: December 01, 2018, 01:31:49 AM »
King of Fighters 94 Rebout, Super Bomberman 4 and 5, and Saturn Bomberman

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1669 on: December 01, 2018, 08:56:39 AM »
Bonk's Adventure and Bonk's Revenge.

Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1670 on: December 09, 2018, 07:30:16 PM »
Finally played The Evil Within...it was fun. Some of the bosses were frustrating, but I still liked it. Never have I played a horror game that swayed so wildly between "practically defenseless" and "one man army." I think I like the latter much better. Maybe not as scary, but more fun to me.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #1671 on: December 13, 2018, 07:32:48 PM »
I started playing Guacamelee 2 today and hey wait a minute. Did Guacamelee 1 really end with a complete re-enactment of SOTN's prologue?

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1672 on: December 16, 2018, 12:05:29 PM »
+1
SmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSma shBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashB rosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBros SmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSma shBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashB rosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBros SmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSma shBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashB rosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBros SmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSma shBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashB rosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBros SmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBrosSmashBros

Just cleared "Spirits Mode" in Smash Bros. Ultimate.  Lots of Castlevania love in that mode, too.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Online Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1673 on: December 16, 2018, 07:13:43 PM »
Beat the first round game of Momodora Reverie under the Moonlight, a little bit revisit of Rosenkreuzstilette (Steam ver.) before backtracking to Lecarde Chronicles I with the latter two being some of my all time favorite titles.

Momodora RotM feels like way too long to play the whole game again just to get the extra achievement nonsense, nor do I ever have the mood to unlock them.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 07:19:17 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Hiryu

• Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1674 on: December 17, 2018, 03:32:24 PM »
Purchased Evil Within 2 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. I wasn't happy with the first Evil Within, but willing to give the second game a shot since I picked it up on holiday sale. I love the Tomb Raider reboot and about an hour in so far. Such a great series.

Getting hyped for RE2make

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
« Reply #1675 on: December 20, 2018, 02:19:05 AM »
RE2make, that shit don't make sense. Should be called RE2ooled or something lol
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1676 on: January 06, 2019, 12:26:27 AM »
Downloaded a game called Chasm last night and played more of it today. I have to definitely recommend it to anyone here who's got that metroidvania itch they want to scratch.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
« Reply #1677 on: January 21, 2019, 07:30:42 PM »
I've been a jobless schmuck since mid-summer so I've beaten roughly 20 games in my freetime (which is all the time). The best two would have to be MGS3 and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, hooooly spit those are good games and it took me forever to get around to playing them. I'm conquering Super Paper Mario right now, but I'd better start looking for work because damn, it's kinda depressing playing video games all the time.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1678 on: January 29, 2019, 09:33:43 AM »
I’ve been playing Hollow Knight, Smash Ultimate & RE2.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1679 on: January 29, 2019, 10:15:51 AM »
I'm finding MegaMan 11 to be cool, but hard!
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: