Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 584605 times)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #1710 on: June 04, 2019, 04:56:25 PM »
You guys playing Timespinner? It's like SotN except with an anime girl with the serial numbers filed off.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1711 on: June 05, 2019, 04:45:59 AM »
Was supposed to play that next but I don’t wanna burn out on Metroidvanias somclose to Bloodstained.

About to see what all the fuss is about The Stanley Parable.

Online Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1712 on: June 06, 2019, 10:28:01 PM »
FINALLY managed to beat all three Touhou Rock Maiden games after hours and hours of suffering. Damn Kaguya's first fortress in the third game for an absolute nightmare if without Shang-hai dolls rescue abuse.
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Online Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1713 on: June 15, 2019, 12:39:24 AM »
100% ed the Final update of Touhou Luna Nights. My blood never boil for a while until this moment; at one instance I forgot about checking what's going on at Bloodstained project.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 12:41:22 AM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...

Offline Hiryu

• Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1714 on: June 16, 2019, 08:56:46 PM »
I've been casually playing MGSV on Xbox One. Seeing Death Stranding and FFVII is making me consider buying a PS4....or wait for PS5..hnnng

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1715 on: June 17, 2019, 02:14:52 AM »
Seeing Death Stranding and FFVII is making me consider buying a PS4....or wait for PS5..hnnng

Buy the console when the game is out or better yet, get the limited edition playstation that is bundled with the game you're waiting for. Unless you're willing to get spoiled and wait for PS5.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1716 on: June 18, 2019, 01:34:03 AM »
I've been casually playing MGSV on Xbox One. Seeing Death Stranding and FFVII is making me consider buying a PS4....or wait for PS5..hnnng
Wait it out, those are timed exclusives.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1717 on: June 18, 2019, 09:39:14 AM »
Going through Borderlands 2 again. This time I bought the recently release DLC: Commander Lilith and the Fight for Sanctuary. This DLC is said to be the follow-up that will lead into Borderlands 3. Interesting how Borderlands 2 is a decade old and gearbox is still releasing DLC for it.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1718 on: June 30, 2019, 09:51:37 PM »
My wife and I are playing Borderlands 2 on and off...just whenever we have time for it, really. She carried me through the first game (she was the siren, I unfortunately chose the berserker), and now it's the other way around on 2 (she's siren and I'm assassin). I think my favorite part of this game so far is the shitty song that you play in Moxxi's bar on one of the sidequests.  ;D Just the way the singer sputters and rambles while he's crooning is hilarious.

Also played through Doom II for the bazillionth time recently. Sooooo hyped for Doom Eternal...gonna be a long wait for that one. Then played Bloodstained and now the CV Collection.

Kinda want to play some Build Engine shooters at the moment. Like the original Shadow Warrior. Or Blood again...that one was amazing.

It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1719 on: July 01, 2019, 01:59:06 AM »
Thinking about another go through of Trials of Mana (I am forced to play the extracted ROM, don't have any console is on, save for the SNES, and the Japanese version, which I DO plan to get within a year or so). I liked my time with the fan translated ROM last time, really is a beautiful game.

I do have Final Fantasy Adventure, and the Japanese version of Secret of Mana in the collection, and Legend of Mana for the PS1 is just too damned pricey these days, but Seiken Densetsu 3 can still be gotten, often times boxed, at still a fair price.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1720 on: July 01, 2019, 01:59:36 AM »
Kinda want to play some Build Engine shooters at the moment. Like the original Shadow Warrior. Or Blood again...that one was amazing.
Ion Maiden.

I've been playing FF9. It's completely new to me and thanks to the Moguri Mod, It's gotten quite a modern update (Widescreen and up-scaled backgrounds), I'm really enjoying this one and finally completing the Holy Trinity of PSX Final Fantasy.

Thinking about another go through of Trials of Mana (I am forced to play the extracted ROM, don't have any console is on, save for the SNES, and the Japanese version, which I DO plan to get within a year or so). I liked my time with the fan translated ROM last time, really is a beautiful game.

I do have Final Fantasy Adventure, and the Japanese version of Secret of Mana in the collection, and Legend of Mana is just too damned pricey these days, but Seiken Densetsu 3 can still be gotten, often times boxed, at still a fair price.
Maybe give Dawn of Mana a shot, a little slower, but still amazing.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 02:03:09 AM by KaZudra »

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline The_Bizarre_Tr00per

• Ruler of Nosgoth
  • Vae Victus - suffering to the conquered.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #1721 on: July 24, 2019, 01:26:39 AM »
I've been playing Red Dead Redemption 2, Soul Calibur 6, RE2 (Remake), Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, Castlevania Anniversary Collection and most importantly Devil May Cry 5 =D
Given the choice - whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny - what was a king to do? But does one ever truly have a choice?  One can only match, move by move, the machinations of Fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1722 on: July 29, 2019, 10:29:59 PM »
Playing the Contra Collection. Just went through 6 loops of NES Contra. Didn't realize that each loop throws more regular enemis at you and the bosses take more hits. And somewhere along the line I stopped getting bonus lives from points! Yikes. There's some guy on Gamefaqs who's done 59 loops!

Also been getting my ass handed to me by Hard Corps. I forgot so many boss patterns, ugh. Went for the monkey ending for now.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Online Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1723 on: July 29, 2019, 10:56:24 PM »
Beat Bloodstained Ritual of the Night NG Nightmare mode, and patiently waiting for the unlock of Mighty Gunvolt Burst Steam version. Probably won't touch Bloodstained again until they pull out full-scale major updates.

Online Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1724 on: August 09, 2019, 04:17:34 PM »
Mighty Gunvolt Burst is an awesome game but I found the Steam achievements bloody difficult to complete. Maybe even harder than those in Azure Striker Gunvolt 1 Steam version. I found I need a turbo controller in order to gather the burst combo nonsense.

Picked Outland and it was a disappointing experience in general, I won't purchase game product from unheard company anymore
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 04:19:34 PM by Aceearly1993 »

Tags:

anything