Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 584616 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #1785 on: September 06, 2020, 08:07:50 PM »
Finally. Finally finished for the first time today, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel  :P

Aurelia Hammerlock was definitely the best choice character for a reasonably easy play-through. Her ice ability is s~o useful against swarms of enemies.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 08:11:12 PM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #1786 on: September 09, 2020, 09:49:22 PM »
jumped into silent hill 3 for the first time and marathon'd it all the way to the end.
now that's is a freaking game.
looking forward to unlocking the new game + stuff, but the "possessed" ending seems like it could take some work to get.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1787 on: September 17, 2020, 10:31:57 AM »
I'm going to buy Baldur's Gate 3 at the end of the month and play that.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1788 on: September 17, 2020, 07:26:30 PM »
Battlefleet Gothic Armada II for me. Beat the Chaos campaign, starting on the Tyranids.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1789 on: September 17, 2020, 09:40:01 PM »
Just finished up Ganbare Goemon 4's English translation, now that I can understand what to do, the game is actually playable.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #1790 on: September 18, 2020, 10:07:17 AM »
Going to pick up Mario 3D All Stars today and get started on Mario Galaxy, my favorite 3D Mario. I 100%ed this game back in the day, I love everything about it. The soundtrack is GOAT tier levels of dopeness: https://youtu.be/IVH6Gl7W0hI

I haven't played Mario Sunshine since it was originally released in 2002, but I remember not liking it back then. It's been so long that I don't remember why I did not like it. I'll give it a second chance, see if my opinion changes this time.

Mario 64 is a stunning achievement for its time, but these days I get frustrated wrestling with the primitive camera controls. The Peach's Castle section of Mario Odyssey made me really want a remake of Mario 64. If they remade it in the Mario Odyssey engine I would be super hyped.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1791 on: September 23, 2020, 09:39:23 AM »
Well now Baldur's Gate 3 is pushed back a few days, so ignore my last post about playing it at the end of the month. I'll still play it but just later.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1792 on: September 23, 2020, 07:25:43 PM »
Still playing the first Ori, but it's boring me tbh. I don't dislike it, but it feels very repetitive and the combat is subpar.

I'm probably going to change to Mario Sunshine on 3D Allstars soon, as I missed Sunshine on the GCN.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #1793 on: September 24, 2020, 04:00:42 PM »
trying to play the first silent hill game on an old busted up psp.

between how dated SH1 is and how dated my PSP is,
it's needless to say that i'm having a hard time...

i guess that sometimes even the greatest of things don't age well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1794 on: September 26, 2020, 04:26:23 PM »
SH1 sucked a bit of ass even by the time 3 came out, but it's still a worthwhile game for aesthetics and story alone. Playing that ish on a good tube TV is the way to go, though.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1795 on: September 27, 2020, 12:58:47 PM »
yeah that would be how i would want to play it again.
figure if i'm gonna do the harry mason story, shattered memories is the better bet.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #1796 on: October 02, 2020, 12:35:56 PM »
Going to pick up Mario 3D All Stars today and get started on Mario Galaxy, my favorite 3D Mario. I 100%ed this game back in the day, I love everything about it. The soundtrack is GOAT tier levels of dopeness: https://youtu.be/IVH6Gl7W0hI

I wasn't expecting this... I definitely do not like Galaxy as much on this second playthrough. I don't think I would call it my favorite 3D Mario anymore.
It's still mostly brilliant, but one thing that constantly irritated me were the Wii-mote controls. I did not mind it back in the day when the technology was new, but today the Wiimote stuff just feels like a tacked on superficial layer that only tarnishes the brilliance of the actual game. It reminds me of the annoying touch pad boss symbol things in Dawn of Sorrow... I know rom patches exist that remove that part of the game, because its obvious that feature exists just so they could tick the "Make use of new DS touchscreen controls" checkbox.

Galaxy is a grand, trippy, surreal experience, but the actual platforming isn't as interesting as it could be for a Mario game, especially compared to something like 3D World. The novelty of the circular levels combined with the planetary gravity makes for a crazy and unique experience, but as a pure platformer, it just isn't as good as other titles in the series.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 12:37:53 PM by VladOfWallachia »

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1797 on: November 11, 2020, 08:27:02 PM »
Played Luck Mode again on SotN recently. I've played that game to death and thought I'd never touch it again, but it was fun.

Played through the RE3 remake last Saturday, too. I never expected to like it more than the RE2 remake, but I did. I dunno...I'm weird.

I think I'm either going to do Sekiro or Nioh 2 next. Man, Nioh 2 is probably going to be a huge investment of time for me if it's anything like the first one, but damn, the first game was probably my favorite PS4 game.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1798 on: November 17, 2020, 11:59:37 AM »
Chiki Chiki Boys and the first SFC Shin Chan game, the former is quite a fantastic game, the latter, in normal Shin Chan tradition, is quite weird. Both games are also on the Genesis/Mega Drive (the former was an arcade game, also on PC Engine CD), the Shin Chan sequel was SFC only (the first one was also on SFC).
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 02:30:24 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #1799 on: November 18, 2020, 07:06:36 AM »
Started playing Divinity 2... loving it so far. Initially I tried playing it as a single player game, but it wasn't clicking with me. I think its way more fun to play through co-op with 4 players. It feels really close to the traditional tabletop DnD experience, where hours just rapidly melt away. My favorite aspect of the game by far is the battle system. I'm a big tabletop DnD fan, so I prefer turn based tactical battle systems for RPGs, and Divinity 2's version is possibly the best video game version I've seen yet.

Once we finish this game, I want to try Baldur's Gate 3. I hear its really buggy at the moment but it will likely be a while before we finish playing through Divinity 2 anyways.

Tags:

anything