Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 584631 times)

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #1800 on: November 18, 2020, 05:44:07 PM »
Opened my Homebrewed old 3ds again and went for a Shinobi series' quest, the last time was to experience Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 in its original, ORIGINAL state. If there's in-depth control tweak hack done to Revenge of Shinobi I'd love to dive into it for a second chance, as the specific leap of faith hole at stage 7 and the final boss are painfully tough due to the wrong reason that the double jump cannot be executed whenever you want. Othen than that it's quite remarkable they've done such a relatively high-quality and memorable game at the earliest ages of Genesis.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 06:31:28 PM by Aceearly1993 »
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1801 on: November 20, 2020, 02:19:35 PM »
Started playing Divinity 2... loving it so far. Initially I tried playing it as a single player game, but it wasn't clicking with me. I think its way more fun to play through co-op with 4 players. It feels really close to the traditional tabletop DnD experience, where hours just rapidly melt away. My favorite aspect of the game by far is the battle system. I'm a big tabletop DnD fan, so I prefer turn based tactical battle systems for RPGs, and Divinity 2's version is possibly the best video game version I've seen yet.

Once we finish this game, I want to try Baldur's Gate 3. I hear its really buggy at the moment but it will likely be a while before we finish playing through Divinity 2 anyways.

I heard very good things about Divinity 2 and bought the game a long time ago, but I just couldn't get into it, at all. The setting and lore are so painfully generic, there is nothing that keeps me invested, despite the game offering a metric ton of different scenarios, playthroughs, builds etc.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1802 on: December 03, 2020, 10:19:43 AM »
I have a few new games (new to me at least) like Pillars of Eternity, but I've found myself playing Three Houses again for the seventh time (and not the last).

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1803 on: December 18, 2020, 06:30:38 PM »
Tryin' to beat Sephiroth in Super Smash Bros., hehe.  It's a neat challenge for someone like me who no longer devotes as much time to Smash games.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #1804 on: December 19, 2020, 04:41:01 AM »
Hey dudes. If you hate Breath of the Wild but you always kinda wished they made a better version of Breath of the Wild, you should try out Fenyx Rising.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1805 on: December 20, 2020, 07:01:41 PM »
What if I don't hate it but want something similar?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #1806 on: December 21, 2020, 11:31:59 AM »
That works too. But imo it works best if you hate BotW.

I mean DESPISE it.

I mean REALLY hate it.

I mean you hate it so much it makes you post things like that really big Reddit post I wrote before

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1807 on: January 03, 2021, 11:11:18 PM »
Playing Metroid: Samus Returns right now, and I'm really liking it. Just going item hunting after getting the power bombs.

The only thing that sucks is that the 3DS XL makes my hands cramp after a while. I thought the XL would be better for adults to use, but long sessions still hurt.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #1808 on: February 08, 2021, 08:01:14 AM »
Played some Cyber Shadow this weekend. Very solid retro action platformer. The main source of inspiration is obviously Ninja Gaiden, but there's elements from several other games of that era, including Contra and Mega Man. I've only played 1.5 hours but so far its really good.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1809 on: February 08, 2021, 09:03:34 AM »
I just took a gander at Cyber Shadow. Wow!  :o
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1810 on: February 08, 2021, 11:33:53 AM »
Cyber Shadow is definitely super awesome. I keep seeing people say "hurr, it's nothing like Ninja Gaiden, it plays more like Shadow of the Ninja," but I never played that so fuggit, great game. I beat it over a couple days though I'm not really interested in doing all the "feats" (in-game achievements).

Right now I'm going through Sonic 3 AIR which is a widescreen, customizable port of Sonic 3 & Knuckles for PC. Kinda like Sonic 3 Complete except this is widescreen 60fps and features some modern play mechanics like drop dash. I'm reminded how badly I suck at getting chaos emeralds in every Sonic game ever; and I also forgot that if you go into the Hidden Palace Zone, you can no longer turn into Super Sonic until you get all the super emeralds and can play as Hyper Sonic. Weak.

Other than that, I go crazy on Yakuza: Like a Dragon for a few weeks and then don't play it for a few. Probably should pick that back up. I have a bad habit of not completing games, so I gotta focus on only one or two before moving on. I did finally beat Shovel Knight, though. Like, I don't get why it took me so long, it just did.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1811 on: February 09, 2021, 08:48:30 PM »
DOUBLE POST, HELL YEAH

Been playing Project Warlock lately. My brother gave me a computer (first one I can call mine) about a month ago, which he cobbled together from spare parts, so the CPU is about five years old. It won't be playing anything too fancy—and indeed I can't even run the Xenia emulator to play the XBLA version of GoldenEye—but it'll do plenty of legacy games and the like.

He gifted me Project Warlock on Steam, and I played a bit and thought it was fun. Then I saw Super Rare Games was doing a physical Switch copy, and being the sucker I am for tangible media, I bought it. So I've been playing the game a lot on Switch.

It mostly resembles Heretic and Wolfenstein 3D. Apparently the main developer started making it when he was 16 after his dad got him into mid '90s shooters. It's a blast and has some great pixel art and varied electronic music. (Shit's even got a killer EBM track, dawg.)

I recommend it if you like BOOMER SHOOTERS ZOMG. Also play Ion Fury because that one's a lot of fun and it's insane the things they do with the ancient Build engine that powered Duke Nukem 3D and Blood.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #1812 on: February 17, 2021, 04:16:28 PM »
Super Mario 3D World port for Switch.

I’m sooooooo glad Bowser’s Fury was the reason it took so long for a Switch port of 3D World. I was ready to drop $60 for a straight port, and instead we get the port with the addition of an awesome side game. I’m loving Bowser’s Fury so far and I’m loving my replay of the brilliant 3D World.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1813 on: February 17, 2021, 10:37:20 PM »
I'm not huge on Mario games (yet I keep buying Nintendo consoles, and yes, I am an idiot), but 3D World was pretty awesome. Had a lot of fun with that one.

I just went back-to-back on Zelda games. Finished Link's Awakening, and now I'm playing Breath of the Wild. I was sure I'd have mixed feelings about this one, but it's been really good so far. Good lord, the map is waaaaay bigger than I expected, but so far, so good. I'm at the first Divine Beast and the lead-up to it has been awesome. I'm really surprised with how some of the enemies can grind you into dust pretty easily. It's a nice change of pace. I never thought I would be happy that exploration would be even more prevalent when compared to combat, but the exploration is pretty decent. Looking forward to spending a long time on this one.

Also started Doom Zero, because it seems I can't go a day without playing Doom in some form.  :-\ Not too bad, but I'm not seeing what the hype is about. I think the slaughter-style maps from the Doom community have poisoned my brain, or something. Who knows.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 10:39:13 PM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1814 on: February 27, 2021, 04:20:10 PM »
Ghosts n' Goblins Resurrection. Wicked fun but I don't think I have the energy to laser-focus it right now. A series of Souls-likes last year swore me off extreme difficulty games for awhile.

Tags: