Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 584680 times)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #1815 on: March 08, 2021, 10:44:29 PM »
The new Ghosts n' Goblins actually pushed me to finally buy a Switch. I plan on playing it once I finish BotW. It looks absolutely vicious. Saw Matt McMuscles and Dunkey both try playing it so far.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Hiryu

• Forgotten One
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1816 on: March 21, 2021, 05:39:49 PM »
I've been messing around with Phantasy Star Online 2 for a bit. I want to play PSO2 New Genesis when it's out, but I know I'll never have real time to invest  :'(

Online Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1817 on: March 22, 2021, 12:08:07 AM »
Had a lot of bitter pleasure in Blaster Master Zero (1) when tried to go further on destroyer mode. Ultimately get stuck at Venom Master, holy hot damn he's a mess thanks to the additional immunity features in destroyer mode...
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #1818 on: March 28, 2021, 06:30:46 PM »
The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero (PSP)

After that, I'll play Trails to Azure, then go back to trails of Cold Steel 3.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1819 on: March 29, 2021, 03:55:34 PM »
Just finished Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth last night. Pretty short, but a FANTASTIC metroidvania. I can't recommend it enough.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Online Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #1820 on: March 29, 2021, 04:53:13 PM »
I was also digging Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth, honestly to say this game is brilliant, but not up to the degree of polishment in Touhou: Luna Nights. Feels like the excutive producer and programmer were all ran out of idea when designing the last few areas of the game.
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1821 on: April 02, 2021, 01:38:59 AM »
Legend of Valkyrie, Japanese version on Namco Museum 5 (a very recent purchase off Ebay), reminds me I still need to play my copy of Xandra no Daibouken (Whirlo to you UK chaps), first game in the Valkyrie series chronologically. Then there's the middle game, which came first, Valkyrie no Bouken, which has an absolutely superb remake for the PS1 via Namco Anthology 2, and I must have it! It was also on the 3DS as well, but digital and Japan only, and only as a bonus for some Project X game, or something to do with Capcom and Namco for the machine. I'd rather a physical copy, so PS1 it is (the 3DS version added a second playable girl, why, I dunno, should been Sandra, the green guy).

Edit: Quit breaking my Youtube tag links, forum!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 02:09:29 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1822 on: April 16, 2021, 09:20:14 PM »
More Namco, the Rolling Thunder trilogy. Because playing as a spy can be so fun.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1823 on: April 18, 2021, 02:21:22 PM »
Super Mario Land for the original Game Boy

And umm. Brave Fencer Musashi for ps-x

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1824 on: May 11, 2021, 12:43:24 AM »
Played a bit of the Witcher 3 on my PS5. It'll definitely take me some time to get through it considering how large the game + DLCs are. Right now I'm giving RE: Village a shot and so far I'm enjoying it. Although I have to get my hands on RE 7 just so I can really understand what's going on with Ethan Winters.
(click to show/hide)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1825 on: May 21, 2021, 02:23:14 AM »
Just finished the Doom Zero megawad. Not a whole lot of it really stands out from the most notable community-made megawads throughout the years, but it was competent. I also liked how the ending tied it to the 2016 Doom game.

Also just found out about the free DLC that Blasphemous got a while back. I went back and finished my first playthrough, but now I'm not sure whether or not I want to play with any of the handicaps you can choose from on the 2nd playthrough. I just kind of want to experience the new DLC bosses and stuff without any player debuffs.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1826 on: May 21, 2021, 11:35:13 PM »
Every year I try to play one new series or franchise from the beginning. This year, it's Ys and Splinter Cell. Currently on Ys II and just finished Splinter Cell Double Agent.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1827 on: May 22, 2021, 08:44:08 AM »
I love the Ys series. The earlier games are definitely memorable. I just wish Falcom didn't screw us with their remake of Ys 4. In my mind it's not the true Ys 4 but a standalone game. It also violates some continuity with regards to Ys 3's story since the fourth game takes place before the third chronologically.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1828 on: May 22, 2021, 01:53:35 PM »
Doom is fun.

I've been playing a lot of NES games recently. All the Marios, Castlevania 1 & 3, Ghosts n' Goblins, etc.
Also fell in love with Super Ghouls n' Ghosts for the SNES. I think it's easily a top 10 game for the system.

I've got quite a backlog of games to finish on Steam.

UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1829 on: May 30, 2021, 12:34:29 AM »

Also fell in love with Super Ghouls n' Ghosts for the SNES. I think it's easily a top 10 game for the system.

Can't argue with you there. SGnG is an excellent game. I need to go back to it one of these days.

Just found a game for sale on PSN called Sundered. It's a Metroidvania with some Lovecraftian vibes. It's not too bad. The controls take a bit of getting used to (it feels a bit wild), but it's fun so far. There's a lot going on during battles, and your character sometimes gets lost in all the chaos, but it's not a game that demands a high level of proficiency to play, so it's not much of an issue.

I also tried Transistor just briefly before that, but couldn't really get into that one.

Tags: