Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 584602 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #1830 on: June 03, 2021, 06:15:00 AM »
Played a bit of the Witcher 3 on my PS5. It'll definitely take me some time to get through it considering how large the game + DLCs are. Right now I'm giving RE: Village a shot and so far I'm enjoying it. Although I have to get my hands on RE 7 just so I can really understand what's going on with Ethan Winters.
(click to show/hide)
Have you beaten it yet?  I'm on the Village of Shadows difficulty now, so playthrough number 3 i believe? lol.  I thought it was a great game.  7 was also, although a lot of the fanbois gave it slack.  I've been a fan of the RE series since the OG in 95, and i think this was a very necessary turn for the series.  As much of a win that the formula for RE4 was, it's good to see something fresh come up and surprise us.
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1831 on: June 03, 2021, 09:51:26 AM »
Have you beaten it yet?

Oh yes, me and My bro took turns playing the game. Unlocked a lotta stuff including infinite ammo for many of the weapons. That being said there are some quirks the game has that don't seem to work well for the gameplay and those are the weapons functionality. I get what they were trying to do but putting in noticeable delays for loading, cocking, and the fire-rate of certain weapons types (shotguns mainly) feels unnatural. Even during the sequence with Chris Redfield and his team where you fire your gun till you replace the clip. My bro noticed that Chris checks the clip before popping it out and replacing it. This adds a bit of a delay in reloading your weapon. In a real-life situation you don't check a spent clip, you know it's empty thus you eject it right there and pop in a fresh one. Even older  games do this. Is this really that difficult for the game designers to figure out? Also the shotgun that looks like a converted AK-47 doesn't seem to have auto functionality as one would expect. And the delay in loading the next shot into the chamber (again) feels unnaturally slow. There are people out there that can fire and reload a shotgun in quick/rapid succession. Takes them no time at all. Again, I get what they were trying to do but it doesn't work as well as they thought it would. For the next game I hope a little more research goes into the weapons' functionality. The other bit which sticks out like a sure thumb was the story script.

SPOILER ALERT!

(click to show/hide)

Overall it's a decent game. A bit short but decent.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #1832 on: June 03, 2021, 12:12:25 PM »
I recently played Assassin's Creed Valhalla and it's honestly one of the worst, if not the single worst game I have ever played. The bugs make the game virtually unplayable in certain parts, requiring patches or workarounds, the textures in many places look like they're from 2004, the voice acting is atrocious both in acting quality and in recording quality (did they record half the lines in a garage somewhere?), the story is an ever-repeating nonsense where the main quests are virtually all the same storyline in like 10+ different branches, the characters are dull, flat and uninteresting, the visuals are highly anarchronisting despite official claims to be accurate (Norse didn't have shaved biker-punk hair nor did they have tattoos all over their bodies), the side quests and gear are wholly useless as the game, even on highest setting, does not require any kind of readjustment of weapons or gear, the enemy variety is laughably small, the loading times are the most atrocious of any game since Vic-20 and Commodore 64 times (six minutes of loading times for fast travel, no joke), the business practices are criminal - if you wish for 100 % completion, you must buy through an in-game shop with real currency, spending something like 300 bucks to get everything, and it bears repeating that the story is horrendous. Instead of being a Norse raider looking for a new home, you play the reborn version of a super-human, all filled with sci-fi and pseudo-fantasy that may or may not be even more sci-fi. The game doesn't commit to any kind of tone, claiming time and again to be historically accurate and realistic and then fill it with anachronism, fantasy and sci-fi. This is a game that had no idea if it wanted to go full Skyrim or not and, in being unable to decide, achieved no atmosphere or tone. The music, when present, is decent but most of the time, you play through the game in dead silence.

Then again, I guess this is my fault. The last Ubisoft game I played was the first Rayman on PS1. I foolishly assumed that they still had some sort of quality standard, despite Ubisoft's reputation. I now learned that it is well-deserved. Will never buy a Ubisoft game again. 1/10
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1833 on: June 04, 2021, 01:01:41 AM »
DraculaCronqvist@

I was looking forward to Valhalla. But sadly Ubisoft gone done f@#ked up somewhere along the way. And I'd have to say it happened during AC Odyssey (not counting all the in-studio crap and allegations that were going on at the time either). Odyssey was fine for what it was however there were things about it that made me question whether or not it was an assassin's creed game. And certainly the Fate of Atlantis DLC was the beginning of the end in my mind. Valhalla is definitely not an assassin's creed game from what I've seen and heard. Odyssey is far more AC then Valhalla ever will be. Ubisoft was really pushing the AAA format with this one. So much so that they've lost sight of what made AC...well,. AC in the first place. I'd happily stick with AC Origins. loved that entry!
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1834 on: June 11, 2021, 09:51:36 PM »
Playing Streets of Rage 4 for the nth time, patiently waiting for the DLC to get a release date. Just saw the new video. Playable Shiva looks like an absolute blast! And although I didn't like Estel that much in the base game, her playable version looks pretty awesome, too.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1835 on: June 12, 2021, 03:04:59 PM »
Finally started playing Dusk, which is rocking my bum. This, Ion Fury, and Project Warlock are some great throwback FPS games, and I'm looking forward to playing Amid Evil after this.

It's funny to think that back in the early aughts, I thought I had gotten bored with FPS (Half-Life being one of the last ones I enjoyed), but it wasn't so much that FPS got boring, just that FPS game design changed. I'm glad to see this resurgence of old school game design, back when it was about running around at lightning speed and gibbing everything in sight.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1836 on: June 23, 2021, 09:44:18 PM »
Just played through Streets of Rage 4 Arcade Mode on Mania difficulty:

Just trying to beat my best score, and got a Perfect on level 3! First time it's happened on any Mania level for me! It was my best score overall (all stages), but still not enough for an S rank. Ugh.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1837 on: June 24, 2021, 09:48:29 AM »
The original Borderlands. Both me and my bro a really want to kick Crawmerax's @$$, so we're doing second play-through to get leveled-up and get even better weapons to at least stand a chance against that stupid crabby. And yes, we know about the ledge trick. The only issue is getting it all down pat in order to work in our favor.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1838 on: June 24, 2021, 08:22:29 PM »
The original Borderlands. Both me and my bro a really want to kick Crawmerax's @$$, so we're doing second play-through to get leveled-up and get even better weapons to at least stand a chance against that stupid crabby. And yes, we know about the ledge trick. The only issue is getting it all down pat in order to work in our favor.

Oh, man, good luck to you. My wife and I tried that fight a few times and just couldn't kill him. I don't think we ever finished the Circle of Duty missions, either.  :-[

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1839 on: June 25, 2021, 09:49:38 AM »
Oh, man, good luck to you. My wife and I tried that fight a few times and just couldn't kill him. I don't think we ever finished the Circle of Duty missions, either.  :-[

I've seen online videos of people 1 Vs 1 Crawmerax so it is possible. It just requires a few run-throughs of the main game and the DLCs. Crawmerax when you first meet up with him is around level 61. My bro has managed to get up to level 51 or slightly higher. He's also gotten his hands on some pearl class weapons but has yet to get his hands on the infamous pearlecent ones. We're pretty sure those can only be dropped by Crawmerax. Or maybe we'll get lucky and use the secret loot trick in General Knoxx's armory to acquire them.

-UPDATE!-

I did it. I finally f@#kin' did it! Crawmerax is dead! I can now officially put that notch on my belt.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 05:00:43 PM by X »

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #1840 on: June 29, 2021, 03:34:37 PM »
Just got these on the Steam Summer sale:

Boot Hill Bounties
A Sirius Game
FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD
Xanadu Next
Tokyo Xanadu eX+

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1841 on: July 18, 2021, 09:30:01 PM »
Playing the new Streets of Rage 4 DLC. Mania+ Mode is crazy! I got to a point where I can comfortably beat Mania with all 5 of the main characters (plus SoR3 Shiva), but Mania+ has kicked my ass. Reminds me of the Mania difficulty of Streets 2. Haven't made it beyond Stage 10 so far. Time to practice.

The new playable Shiva is awesome. I expect him to get patched at some point, because you can plow through most of the game with his blitz jumpkick. Estel and Max are alright, I guess. The survival mode is pretty good, too.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1842 on: July 19, 2021, 10:04:59 AM »
SoR 4 DLC is out now? Sweet! Time to play.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1843 on: July 21, 2021, 03:24:45 PM »
Final Fantasy VI: Divergent Paths
Cool hack for an old fav.

Other than that I've been playing Megaman 1 a lot because I'm redesigning the board game to not suck.
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1844 on: August 20, 2021, 09:48:44 PM »
Picked up Zelda: Skyward Sword HD for my Switch. Ya know... Nintendo had EVERY opportunity to 'FIX' ALL this game's shortcomings. Sadly it's still the frustrating clunky title it always was  :rollseyes:

Tags:

anything