Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 584592 times)

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
  • God bless the hustler, curse the first sleeper
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #1770 on: April 20, 2020, 11:48:24 PM »
@X I’m not even sure why they needed to include Ridley. It was always obvious that the Primes occurred between Metroid ZM>Metroid 2... Despite what certain individuals may have said in the past. It’s also clear that Ridley doesn’t die in Prime 3, and he’s not cloned until Other M, meaning SM’s Ridley has to be Prime 3’s (as ZM ends with a completely Meta Ridley).

I think it was more to promote Ridley in Smash at the time, while giving Oldschool gamers something new, which they didn’t necessarily want given the amount of games we’ve seen Ridley in and given the Metroid Queen has only featured in 2 games.

I completely disagree re: the Diggernaut sequences, as most of the blocks you’re referring to can be shot with the wave beam well in advance of morphballing through. You can also tap the touchscreen to go directly in and out of morphball, making it heaps quicker. I think the diggernaut fight itself is also great, it’s very rhythmic imo.

X, I was going to do some big post that kept growing, now I’m going to start a new topic and do a full blown review.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<[Judgement]>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

**<<<<<SuperCVIV>COTM<<<<<<<<+
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^
                                 ^      l   v  ^    +<<<<<<<BE
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v                 ^  
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     BE>>> VK<**   
                                 ^      l   v  ^    v     ^          ^   
            +<<<<<Legends>HC>OOS>LOD>64       ^
            v                           l              ^                ^
            v                           l     BE>> * <<<BE    RE
            v                           l      ^               ^       ^
LOI>CVIII>COD>AR>BR>CVC>CVII>HOD>ROB>SOTN>OOE>BL>POR>AOS>DOS>>>KD
                                                                          v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #1771 on: April 22, 2020, 04:17:04 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1772 on: May 02, 2020, 09:17:59 AM »
I recently bought River City Girls and played through quite a bit of the game. Needless to say it's addictive and I'll be hoping back on momentarily  ;D

But yeah, the opening song for the game is somewhat generic as it sounds very similar to the song from Shantae: half genie hero. personally I think they could have done something different in order to better differentiate it, and thus, make it stand apart better. But other then that RCG is fun and it's much easier to get into then its NES predecessor.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Highwind Dragoon

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania.
    • Awards
« Reply #1773 on: May 02, 2020, 01:32:53 PM »
The fire emblem games for 3DS; as well as Three houses.

Also Link's awakening for switch.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1774 on: May 18, 2020, 08:18:59 PM »
The fire emblem games for 3DS; as well as Three houses.

Also Link's awakening for switch.

FE Awakening is an awesome game, one of my preferred 3ds titles.

After completing Metroid Samus Returns on 0% Fusion mode, I'm also currently on Zelda LA for Switch.

I didn't initially dig the art style in the trailer, but it actually looks fantastic in real time and the new enhanced graphics are beautiful. I like that the AI has been enhanced too. A minor gripe I have is that the controls can feel laggy when docked and Link's hitbox is far from perfect. Imo, they should've used ALBW's engine to subvert this and allow diagonal dashing. Not having this makes the game feel old, but I also know a lot of purists would probably crucify changes. 

I played the original DX version years ago, and while I liked it a lot, I only ever thought the color dungeons were moderately challenging. As such, this run I'm doing with 3 hearts only and no tunic upgrades (despite having finished the Color Dungeon). I'm currently at the boss on Catfish's Maw. A solid game overall.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1775 on: May 24, 2020, 08:55:48 PM »
Been playing the crap out of Streets of Rage 4 lately. Lots of fun so far! Been playing a lot with Blaze and Adam, especially. Adam is a beast in this one. Axel seems pretty slow, which is disappointing. Cherry is a pretty decent new character. I don't like Floyd that much, but that could be because I really prefer faster characters in beat-em-ups.

Going for the platinum trophy on this one. I just need to clear any stage on any difficulty without getting hit (and getting thrown by a Signal but landing on your feet apparently counts as "getting hit,"...dammit  >:( ), hit a co-op partner, and get a cumulative score of 500,000.

Playing Mania now. Although there are a lot of bosses who have hyper armor on certain attacks, the game seems easier than the previous ones. It's pretty forgiving with how it can allow you to regain your health from using specials by attacking and not getting hit (kind of like Bloodborne, but without the time window). It throws more enemies at you for sure, but you don't have any absurdly crazy fights, like taking on three Jets (who aren't in the game at all, thank god) and Zamza at the same time, or things like that.

I wasn't sure what to expect out of this game, but it's pretty awesome. Definitely a pleasant surprise with how this turned out.

(Also, the Hunter family really needs to stop sending kids out in the streets to fight.  :P )
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1776 on: June 03, 2020, 07:36:41 PM »
So I’ve taken a hiatus from Link’s (RE)Awakening to play Bloodstained ROTN. I’m currently at about 52% at L29 and
(click to show/hide)

So I’ve now got the better Hikari(16 bit coin version) and I’m on my way to go fight another boss.

v
                                                                         BE>*  
BE=Bad Ending
RE=Richter Ending

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1777 on: June 04, 2020, 05:33:14 PM »
Shantae and the Seven Sirens. Never even knew this game existed until I came across it on the Nintendo store. The game goes back to the Metroidvania formula that we saw in Pirate's Curse rather then the play-style that was in Half-Genie Hero. So far I'm enjoying it although personally I wish they'd go back to the art style that was featured in the first Shantae game as I rather liked it.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #1778 on: June 08, 2020, 12:22:53 AM »
I played a lot of Torchlight 2 over the weekend. a.k.a. We Didn't Like Diablo 3 So We Remade Diablo 2

I went from Level 3 to like Level 40 in the span of a couple of days.

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1779 on: June 08, 2020, 10:18:07 PM »
Been playing a lot of new board games with the pandemic going on, so far I have played:

Vindication -- Adventurish sort of game
Thunderstone Quest -- Competitive monster bash
Stonebound Saga : PVP with mechanics similar to Final Fantasy Tactics
The Silver River : Space-based competitive 4X game similar to Age of Empires, etc...My favorite of the new games I've broken open this month.

Oh yeah, and Streets of Rage 4.
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1780 on: June 09, 2020, 09:29:25 AM »
Jazz Paladin Productions@

A board game I'd highly recommend is Fireball Island. I used to have one but I didn't know just how rare and it would become. Should've held onto my mine  >:(

AVGN gives a review of the game here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYfZZBIQkr8

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1781 on: June 09, 2020, 10:17:26 AM »
Actually, they remade Fireball Island and made a few expansions for it a couple of years ago, so you are in luck--it isn't too pricey either by modern board game standards.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/restorationgames/fireball-island-80s-board-game-reignited-and-resto

I almost ended up getting it, but didn't pull the trigger. Seemed to be rather shallow once one got over the "gimmick" of it from what I have seen, but I actually almost bought it again the other day for my kids...so I might still end up with it some day.

Jazz Paladin Productions@

A board game I'd highly recommend is Fireball Island. I used to have one but I didn't know just how rare and it would become. Should've held onto my mine  >:(

AVGN gives a review of the game here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYfZZBIQkr8

Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1782 on: June 09, 2020, 05:24:25 PM »
Wow! They really did expand the game. Although it looks a little too glossy for my tastes. The original colouration and textures were fine, all they needed to do was expand upon those. But everything else looks amazing  :)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1783 on: September 03, 2020, 09:28:23 PM »
Playing more Doom II megawads again. Alien Vendetta, Going Down, and now Eviternity. I think after Eviternity, I'll need to take a break from Doom, and start on Sekiro. Still need to buy Nioh 2, but I also have to sit down and prepare to lose, like, 3 months of my life for that one, if it's anything like the original.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline zangetsu468

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1784 on: September 06, 2020, 05:28:05 PM »
A while ago I finished Bloodstained ROTN (ps4 version) and started a hard mode play through with Zangetsu, but haven’t picked it back up.

Since then I’ve finished Link’s (Re)Awakening on Hero Mode with the whole 3 hearts only, no upgrades (stayed with the green tunic after the Color Dungeon) etc.

Lately I’ve picked up Ori & The Blind Forest for PS4. I wasn’t keen on the combat itself, but the game as a whole is great so far. Its art is a bit too dark fantasy/ Trine-like for me, but the game itself is very well crafted.

I’m waiting to see when Curse of the Moon 2 goes on special for a pickup on Switch.