Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Skin Condition Troubles  (Read 8072 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2013, 04:00:48 PM »
+1
I know... :(
Especially when you have annoying people near you.

Yeah.... Heat screws up my mind so I can't tolerate stupidity

Neobelmont: Yup, the heat can easily make one irritable.
Stretch marks, I also have them ever since I've gained weight. I think it is also hereditary, my mom has a lot of them on her belly due to pregnancy.

I'm a big guy so stretch marks have really made me not want to show anything how could a girl like a guy with stretch marks? but it's really the only problem I have. before I had fungi around my chest area but losing 100+ pounds changed that. I do get acne and stuff but not as bad as others( I've seen alot but it seems to be worst on lighter skin it really sticks out. I'm mixed so it does not stick out as much) . Acne is not my problem it's these damn stretch marks  :'(
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 03:06:32 AM »
Skin conditions suck. I get red, irritated flaky skin under my nose and in my ears if I don't treat it. Raw apple cider vinegar seems to help, although it has a strong smell to it.

Absolute pain in the ass, it is.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 06:54:39 AM »
No worries, they make perfectly perfume free products & have many options aimed at sensitive skin. I suggest browsing the site to see what they offer-they have a lot of good products aimed at sensitive skin (the ones I mentioned are just that, aimed at us sensitive skinned folks). The Celestial moisturizer I spoke of is HEAVENLY, I have never used a gentler product in my life.

I've heard Cetaphil suggested when reading articles online regarding rosacea, I may give it a go when my current cleanser runs out. My experience with dermatologists has been less than stellar-I was point blank told by one "medicines for this condition do next to nothing, just learn to deal with it unless you can afford IPL (intense pulse light) laser treatment". Best of luck to you with your treatment regimen!

I've read the ingredients list online and "Perfume" is specifically listed aside from the other natural ingredients. Yikes! Lush is not listed for my country... it was there before... did their stores close? Oh well, I might as well just grab a sample when I go to Japan next year.

IPL does not really cure 100%, based on my online browsing. Anyway, I know that letting my face cool, keeps it at bay. Since my forehead has normal skin, I also sleep with a cooling gel patch designed for fever.

As of today, the redness is kept at bay, but my dry skin is still there. My acne is being treated by Tetralysal (Lymecycline), so far, that part has been improving.

I know... :(
Especially when you have annoying people near you.

UNDERGRADS!

(sorry, to those who are younger than me and are still studying, you don't know how this feels for those who are at the other side)
http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive.php?comicid=1082
and
http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive.php?comicid=974

I'm a big guy so stretch marks have really made me not want to show anything how could a girl like a guy with stretch marks? but it's really the only problem I have. before I had fungi around my chest area but losing 100+ pounds changed that. I do get acne and stuff but not as bad as others( I've seen alot but it seems to be worst on lighter skin it really sticks out. I'm mixed so it does not stick out as much) . Acne is not my problem it's these damn stretch marks  :'(

Have you tried scar removing creams/gels that can also serve as stretch mark removers?
I only tried one for a scar but I don't know it also works for stretch marks.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 03:15:30 PM »
I have stretch marks too on my belly and upper arms. And then I also have fat folds under what's left of my moobs and across my fat belly. All that hard work for nothing! Now I'm back to being fat!

At least I can still squeeze into a 32 waist. I used to be a 40/42 waist, so I'm okay with that. And although it's a bit tight, I still weair mediums every so often. I wanna get lipo so I can squeeze back into a medium. My chest isn't that fat anymore, it's mostly just my belly now, but if I'm gonna buy health insurance I might not be able to afford it anymore.

I get clogged pores all the time still on my face or ingrown hairs all over (ugh, worst ones are under the balls). And i'm gradually getting those wide open pores all over my cheeks. I bought some astringent and cotton balls and retinol cream, but I'm too lazy to use them and I also suck at exfoliating. The only part of my body that I've ever been able to exfoliate were my arms and taint. TMI, I know, but this seems to be a TMI thread.

Fortunately I haven't had further outbreaks of Shingles. That's my biggest worry. The itchiness was so much worse than ingrown pubes. I think I have a couple new moles, or at least I don't remember them being there when I was a kid. They don't cause me any problems though, so I'm not worried about it. I am fortunate not to have any serious skin conditions though, or at least just yet. *knocks on coffee table*  But I do have some painful stuff on my foot. Maybe it's a corn, maybe it's a wart. I dunno. Maybe it's a mixture of wart and fungus or corn and fungus or corn and wart. Either way, they suck and either itch or just plain hurt, so I trim away at them (guess you're not supposed to do that) or nibble at them (my cat and I are too much alike), but they keep coming back. There's even some dark brown matter inside that I'm not sure what it is. Once I snipped away the skin to get to it and it seeped out everywhere like a watery brown pus. NOW WE'RE AT TMI LEVEL!
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 03:50:31 PM »
Go see a doctor.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 04:51:03 PM »
Maybe when I get insurance and it's free. Although shopping for insurance sucks and I wanna know why my dad is paying $600 a month for a $20k deductible but when I went online they were offering me a $3,500 deductible for $103 a month. I hate shopping for insurance. Fuck you Obama. Fuck you old age.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2013, 04:58:36 PM »
They dont have public hospitals there? Since its not a surgery or something like that maybe they can help you with your pain.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline TheouAegis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2013, 08:31:18 PM »
This is America, everything is capitalistic, especially the hospitals.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2013, 01:05:25 AM »
Fly to Asia. hehehehe.  :)

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2013, 04:14:33 AM »
+1
Oh, I'd love to live in Japan :(
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2013, 05:49:39 AM »
Oh, I'd love to live in Japan :(

Me too. I never had a skin problem nor was i allergic when i stayed there for a year.

Bring me back to Japan..... Oh shit...  The only way to stay for a long time is to apply for a Phd... Nooooooooo........ /sob

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2013, 06:14:06 PM »
Me too. I never had a skin problem nor was i allergic when i stayed there for a year.

Bring me back to Japan..... Oh shit...  The only way to stay for a long time is to apply for a Phd... Nooooooooo........ /sob
You must be happy you were in Japan, I'm glad!  :)
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2013, 01:47:31 AM »
+1
You must be happy you were in Japan, I'm glad!  :)

Yup! Those were really good times.  :)

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2013, 10:25:19 PM »
+1
Yup! Those were really good times.  :)
There's always chance for repeating our dreams, I always dream about my goals  :)

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2013, 11:16:08 PM »
Use other girls' blood as skin lotion. They say it helps the skin.  :P

GHOST Elizabeth Live at Hellfest 2011 HQ
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags:

anything