Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Chandeliers, version 2.0!  (Read 3964 times)

Offline abaldwin360

• Awards
The Chandeliers, version 2.0!
« on: May 06, 2011, 07:44:40 PM »
I decided to re-mix and re-master the arrangement I did of "Chandeliers" from Super Castlevania IV.

I adjusted the velocity curves on the strings quite a bit to get a more powerful sound, got rid of the pipe organ (even though it was in the original, I think it sounds better using a piano in that part) and changed the mix quite a bit.

Let me know what you think!

http://soundcloud.com/abaldwin360/chandeliers-version-2-0

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 08:04:00 PM »
I haven't listened to the original in years, so don't know what to compare. Too lazy to Google it. But I gotta say this sounds nice on its own even without familiarity of the source material. Some chords seem a little harsh, like they might be minor sevenths, but that was probably in the original as well. Anyway, very nice.

Oh, I was just thinking now, change the piano to a clavier or harpsichord and you'll be spot on, I think.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 08:23:08 PM »
Huh. That's a pretty cool rendition. We need more of these good SCVIV remixes.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 03:10:41 AM »
Wow!!! :o A remix from one of my most favorite Castlevania games and it sounds so neat!!! Good work my friend, i like it!!! ;)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 02:33:27 PM »
Good remix. Definitely kept in the spirit of the original. I do think that the pipe organ piece (though brief) was a staple part of the tune itself. I don't really think you need to replace it with a piano piece as that piano is almost always in the tune itself so the pipe organ is there to help break it up a bit. Just for some interesting contrast.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 03:13:49 PM »
We need more of these good SCVIV remixes.

I'll put mine on the table, but it's really up to you whether you define them as good or not.

http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=3456.0

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 11:59:15 AM »
I decided to re-mix and re-master the arrangement I did of "Chandeliers" from Super Castlevania IV.

I adjusted the velocity curves on the strings quite a bit to get a more powerful sound, got rid of the pipe organ (even though it was in the original, I think it sounds better using a piano in that part) and changed the mix quite a bit.

Let me know what you think!

http://soundcloud.com/abaldwin360/chandeliers-version-2-0
I think you should crank the velocity curves on the strings even more if you can, all in all this is pretty good!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Tags:

anything