Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A look at Castlevania The Arcade  (Read 38850 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 02:37:22 PM »
The vampire hunter could be Richter, but last time I checked Richter doesn't have buckles on his pants (both the dxc version & sotn art of him). Also he doesn't have rist buckles, but the outfit still resembles Richter's. The art looks like Kojima's.

I'm trying to examine his identity by reading the character select screen, but I could only make out a few words. Vampire Hunter, and.. something "the Holy Whip". As for the girl, I could only make out "Lady". Maybe someone could raise the resolution so we could get some answers!

It's also a possibility that this game has no real story, and we'll just be controlling a nameless Belmont & slay Dracula as usual. But I hope not.

Offline Firebrand-X

• The one with the Spells
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: A look at Castlevania The Arcade
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 03:18:25 PM »
Holy!!!!!!!!!!! This games looks so ffreaking awesome (yes with an extra f)i can see this game on the wii but still i wanna try it on the arcade so i can feel as a Belmont.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 10:14:37 PM »
In Reply To #16

The article says that you have a choice between a generic "Vampire Hunter" and "Lady Gunner".
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 10:22:59 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 10:38:23 PM »
This is what Judgment should have looked like.  Honestly people wouldn't be complaining nearly as much if Ayami was in charge of the art for Judgment.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 10:58:22 PM »
The Vampire Hunter just looks so awesomely rugged in this game.  Too bad you can't really see him in action in a game like this. 

I don't know why I always think of Cornell whenever I see the Lady Gunner.  Oh yeah, now I remember, it's because the way she has her trigger hand curled up in the artwork looks like she should be brandishing claws.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 03:39:28 AM »
Even with a next generation wii, it would be sad to convert an extra wide screen to work on a regular television set.

You've never played Resident Evil 4, have you. Superb graphics, progressive scan capability, wide aspect ratio, and the Wii version has the added benefit of being enhanced for 16:9 TVs. The Wii could very well do this arcade game a great deal of justice. Not sure exactly how the game looks or if it will in fact need to be downgraded for the Wii, but the Wii really is capable of a lot.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 12:00:40 PM »
Why does everybody think it's Richter? Doesn't even really look like him. If anything, it's probably a new Belmont.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2008, 02:25:16 PM »
Yeah, in the cell-phone pictures he doesn't look a whole lot like Richter, more like Simon actually.  That's because of the dominant color being more yellowish rather than blue.

However, if you look at the cabinet art and poster art, he looks a lot more like Richter.  That art can be found in the original thread for this game:

http://castlevania.classicgaming.gamespy.com/forums/index.php?topic=1347.0

Offline paletteswapmonster

• Palette swap man
  • Forsaken
  • Legendary Hunter
  • gorilla warfare
    • Awards

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 06:33:50 PM »
Castlevania has been getting a lot of busty females lately.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 06:56:54 PM »
Whoot for big-titted women.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2008, 07:26:31 PM »
Sweet. I wonder who the artist is??

I hope that girl's a Belnades  :o

Offline paletteswapmonster

• Palette swap man
  • Forsaken
  • Legendary Hunter
  • gorilla warfare
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2008, 07:31:34 PM »
In Reply To #27

If she was then she wouldn't be using a gun as her weapon.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2008, 11:24:05 PM »
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 11:36:27 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2008, 02:34:47 AM »
I love that new artwork!!
Ruler of Chaos

Tags:

anything