Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Confirmed: IGA not involved with Castlevania anymore. Europe helms the series.  (Read 48025 times)

Offline DraculaFan1981

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
+1
I think Platinum Games would be a good fit. One of Hideki Kamiya's all time favourite gages was the original Castlevania and I think if they collaborate with Konami like they did with Metal Gear Rising, we could have a great game on our hands.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
If they make a free whipping system a la Blade Mode, I'm down.
Not all people might be down for evencraziercombovania, though, considering how their most famous games are.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Well... this is pretty depressing news to wake up to.  :-\

I'll be happy to go back on my stance later, but right now? I'm steeling myself for 5-10 more years of MissingThePointVania.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Yeah, Platinum would just make a convoluted combo system. I don't find that very fun or Castlevania-like myself.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline chainsawmidget

• that guy
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I've thought a lot of the Castlevania games have been getting too Japanese in their feel anyway. 

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Totally expected. Castlevania is gonna go the Silent Hill route from here on out.

Oh Christ no. I'm really sick of the Japan side not doing anything but Metal Gear anymore.

I would think of this change as a better sign if this were anyone but Konami.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 06:18:31 PM by Munchy »

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
What a fucking shitty title Ahasverus. Read the fucking quote and it says that he's not involved with Castlevania right now.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Well, IGA had said he wanted to get outside of Castlevania. I guess it's good that the game will change hands, since that's what gave spice to the older games, but I hope it doesn't mean the Silent Hill route of "who will work for the least money".

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
It's not like IGA is really necessary to this series at all. They just need to make a Castlevania game respecting what made the series good in the first place. Anyone at Konami or other studio can take the place for all I care. Just make a good game and I'll play it.

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Actually I was gonna do that comment myself.But even if it's really like what you said, it didn't hurt, because I'm a girl  ;D
If I were you I wouldn't jump into conclusions.Just because right now they're handing over the reigns to Europe which is pretty odd, things might not go that well in the future, and who knows maybe Iga will be involved in a game, especially if it's in 2D since you know MS sucks at 2D games*cough Mirror of Fate cough*.
One thing is for sure, IGA didn't resign from Konami and with him or without him I hope Castlevania will go back to Japan. There is one studio in particular that could come up with a really good 2D Castlevania and it's Vanillaware. I don't care about 3D CV tbh.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Well i sure never saw that coming. But Konami like Capcom (and Ninty to an extent) are in creative stagnation, much like Inafune criticized.

Maybe Europe can get a classy CV going. i have faith.

Now if only Capcom would hand megaman over to Capcom of US...

especially if it's in 2D since you know MS sucks at 2D games
You are implying MS will continue to be involved with CV after LoS2.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 07:31:58 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
Well this could be grim news, if it is sent to the studio that ported over LoS to the PC I think we can safely assume that the porting was intended to partly be an audition and a training exercise, similar to the situation of the outside studio that made the HD port of the Sly Cooper trilogy, then made Sly 4. So if it does turn out to be that studio don't be surprised if we get more LoS style gameplay even if they don't use the same timeline.

Well i sure never saw that coming. But Konami like Capcom (and Ninty to an extent) are in creative stagnation, much like Inafune criticized.

Capcom is stagnating because they like to squeeze every penny they can from consumers who they seemingly contempt. While Nintendo has spent the last 10 years relying so hard on the inevitably shrinking nostalgia and casual* market they seem to be petrified at the thought of doing anything else. As far as I can tell for Konami there's no other reason than weird management decisions. Decisions which remind me of nothing so much as that period where Disney was devaluing all their classic movies by putting out new made-for-video "sequels" every week.

*Not that it was obvious that the casual market would shrink before the widespread adoption of smartphones.

I hope it doesn't mean the Silent Hill route of "who will work for the least money".

Exactly.

I've thought a lot of the Castlevania games have been getting too Japanese in their feel anyway. 

To me the Japanese re-interpretation of classic (and cliche) western horror tropes is half the point, but that's me.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 09:39:46 PM by Ratty »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
As long as we still have CV games, I'm good with that.

IGA and Konami Japan worked on CV for years/since the beginning. It'll be good to have new takes, like MS did with LoS, on the series.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I just want enough of the "medieval-set" CVs. I've been begging for this one for a while, and with Europe in charge, maybe they can do it, but c'mon, Victorian era set CV!!!! That or something more inspired by Hammer horror. I'm tired of "Ye Olde" Crusaders and monsters(epecially with Castlevania). Give me something, at the least, Baroque and onward(Baroque to Edwardian, preferably).

Also, if they plan on giving use Drac, cut the bullshit "Mysterious unknown stranger becomes a vampire and names himself 'Dracula'!". Vlad the Impaler... just fuckin DO IT! It's soooo simple. No overly complex reason or means of transformation. Hell, they can go a bit with CV's original "practiced demonic magic" and Stoker's hint that he was a student at Scholomance(learning the dark arts as an apprentice to the Devil himself). I don't understand why people make it so much harder than it could be.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Honestly I liked Iga he seemed like a good guy. However, just give me a CV with a guy whose surname is Belmont that uses a whip and kills monsters in a huge ass castle and eventually to Dracula himself. IMO CV should not be hard to do. It doesn't have a tough plot. Let's just keep it classic.

Tags:

anything