Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Which Castlevania games do you have yet to defeat?  (Read 16732 times)

Offline Dia

• Professional Idiot
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
Re: Which Castlevania games do you have yet to defeat?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 03:38:49 PM »
Order of Ecclesia is kicking my ass lol any other game u haven't beat I probably haven't started yet.
Dracula better hope I don't come through to Castlevania. I'll disrespect his whole domain, take what isn't nailed down, and eBay the hell out of it all.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 03:54:12 PM »
I have pretty much beaten every castlevania game I have gotten my hands on besides 2,

1.Lords of shadow 1 -  Played it to I got to the butcher fight, afterwards great incredibly bored and detached from it since it did not feel like Castlevania in the slightest, opted to read the rest of the story online rather than play through the entire game.

2.Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate - played it to I got to the Alucard part of the game, reason why i did not continue further same as above.

To be honest I only finished LOS2 because at the time I had no other games worth playing.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Vesperaevis

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2017, 02:42:50 PM »
Oh man. Thanks for reminding me about Harmony of Dissonance, pfft. I had a nearly completed playthrough on my computer, but then it had to be sent in for repairs. I guess the file's just been sitting there for... has it really been a year since then? Whoops.
I need to beat Legends, too. The music was very fun to play to, but I'm not very good with the older CV gameplay :'D

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2017, 02:01:54 PM »
SNES Dracula X - I don't even own it...I haven't seen it sell for a decent price, ever. Rondo is good enough for me.

For what it's worth, it's available on Nintendo's eshop for Wii U and 3DS, so the original cart isn't a necessity anymore. One of my favorite games, actually. Though if one goes in expecting it to be a continuation of Rondo, it's not. It's more old school.

As for my list of unbeaten games...

I have not played (and therefore not beaten) the following:
Vampire Killer MSX
Haunted Castle
Mirror of Fate
Lords of Shadow 2
Order of Ecclesia
Order of Shadows
Harmony of Despair
Kid Dracula

I have played but not beaten:
Bloodlines (I've only gotten to play it a handful of times, but I think it's great. Got to the last level with Eric, IIRC).

Offline redrum

• Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2017, 11:26:39 AM »
Haven't beaten the ones for N64 just due to them being unplayable garbage
let's not start this crap again.  if you don't like it, just leave it at that.  there are plenty of people who do and don't rip on what you like, even THAT game.  yes, everybody has THAT game. :rollseyes:

I think the lowest price I've seen it at is $70 for cart only, and that was at a regional chain that prices pretty fairly (Vintage Stock).
we have a few vintage stock stores here, they are wonderous rip off artists, cashing in on the nostalgia craze.  when i worked at game xchange, i heard stories about how they spray painted a final fantasy cart gold and tried to sell it for $200.  there was also one time they sold me a busted PSP, i brought it back and bought another six months later and it was the SAME busted one.  recently a tornado ripped through their storefront, so i guess that's some sort of karmatic justic for all the people they've ripped off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANYHOW, i've beaten everything aside from the arcade (not to be confused with haunted castle), due to lack of availability.  the pachinko games shouldn't really count, since they just slapped the name on it to make their bogus machines look more attractive...

Offline aensland

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Music Concert 1st Place 2017-02-Music Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2017, 01:01:51 PM »
I still need to play and beat Lords of Shadows 2 and Boku Dracula-kun

there are plenty of people who do and don't rip on what you like, even THAT game.  yes, everybody has THAT game. :rollseyes:...
...the pachinko games shouldn't really count, since they just slapped the name on it to make their bogus machines look more attractive...
The irony.

But yeah, they shouldn't count because you can't really "win" at pachislots

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2017, 08:11:46 PM »
*sigh* Most of them.  It'd be easier to list the ones I have beaten:
-- CV 1
-- CV 2
-- CV 3 (if it's okay that I cheated.  I haven't done it without cheating)
-- SotN
-- CV 64 (If you count that I actually beat LoD, which is nearly identical)
-- LoD
-- CotM
-- HoD
-- AoS
-- DoS
-- PoR
-- LoI
-- CoD
-- OoE
-- MoF

I think that's all (that actually looks a little better than I was expecting).  I have the other two Lords titles, but haven't finished them.  I don't have access to any others, or systems to play them on.

Offline Batandy

• Quid Est Homo? Secretarum Pila Miserabilis
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2017, 03:32:11 AM »
I still have to play the GBA games except for AOS and the DS games (I'm halfway through Order Of Ecclesia atm and i'm really liking it.)
I'm waiting for the SNES mini to play SC4, which should be really interesting with those different whip mechanics

Offline AdrianTepes

• Floating Vampire Jesus
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 11:17:23 PM »
I'm sadly another one with a huge list of unplayed and unfinished games, both for a lack of time and a lack of skill, on the bright side this gives me a lot of stuff to do on my free time.

(click to show/hide)

By unfinished I mean I didn't advance too much ion the game or I can't recall how much I advanced, so I probably will start over next time I decide to play them. I'll take the chance and use this list to keep track of my progress so I'll be editing it once in a while.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 11:23:19 PM by AdrianTepes »
"I realize that none of us has any real control over our fate. We are like leaves on the wind to be blown wherever we may. "

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2017, 11:08:01 AM »
By unfinished I mean I didn't advance too much ion the game or I can't recall how much I advanced, so I probably will start over next time I decide to play them.

Actually if you've made it to the chandlers room (part of stage 6) in SCV4 then your right in the middle of the game.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline AdrianTepes

• Floating Vampire Jesus
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2018, 03:37:57 PM »
Actually if you've made it to the chandlers room (part of stage 6) in SCV4 then your right in the middle of the game.
Those are good news! Hope to jump back on it as soon as I get more free time!

"I realize that none of us has any real control over our fate. We are like leaves on the wind to be blown wherever we may. "

Offline Aceearly1993

• Nothing absolute
  • Legendary Hunter
    • 1993P Doubleguy at Youtube
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2018, 05:01:21 PM »
None.
Beat Vampire Killer MSX in 2017 through emulators as a perfect finale of my Castlevania journey then there're no other official obstacles I can make a plan to actually sit there and beat it classic style.
"Did you know when one's most desperation time is? It's when he was beaten up by someone critically...
And he can't find who caused this."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2018, 07:52:53 PM »
i haven't played the arcade game
or the pachinkos

and i got to dracula in cv2 and we hit a blackout and i could never bring myself to trudge through that game again
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline HeartOfFire

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2018, 09:01:36 PM »
All of them, sans Aria, Dawn, Circle of the Moon, and Portrait. Currently playing Ecclesia.

I really want to get my hands on Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night; I heard these are part of a game called Dracula X Chronicles? I might go with that, even though I don't have my PSP on hand anymore ;_;

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2018, 04:07:11 AM »
- Vampire Killer
- Order of Shadows
- The Arcade
- Mirror of Fate
- All of the Pachislots

I've played and beaten all of the rest.

Tags:

anything