Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Rondo of Blood on the 3DS?  (Read 26688 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« on: March 02, 2011, 11:33:28 AM »
In today's keynote at GDC, Reggie revealed that Turbo Graphics 16 games will be available on the 3DS Virtual console with GB, GBC, and Game Gear games.

It's very possible we could see Rondo of Blood or one of the earlier GB games released on it.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 11:45:12 AM »
I'd rather see the classic gameboy games being retrofitted to the 3DS rather than Rondo. That game has been rereleased several times already.

Offline Grim_Creeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Rondo of Blood on the 3DS?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 11:51:40 AM »
I agree. Games that have already been released several times should be moved to the bottom of the remake list.
Nani?! An animu site with no hentai? Blaaasphemy!
Burn the witch in the name of LoL!

-Lulzy Lulzerton Esq, wizard of ounces

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 03:09:27 PM »
I would rather see new titles as well, I was merely bringing up the possibility that Rondo can happen on the 3DS now. Nothing more.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 04:21:45 PM »
Yeah, this thread is clearly about possibilities for Rondo for the 3DS Virtual console. OSM didn't say anything about remakes here.

Anyway, it's funny that TurboGrafx is announced for the 3DS dowload service but not NES, SNES, Genesis and so on... wouldn't it make sense to make the ENTIRE existing Wii Virtual Console library of games available for the 3DS too? I understand they don't want you to be able to download Ocarina of Time when there's a remake coming out, but why not just remove that game (and possibly some other too if necessary)

Surely the built in "virtual console" in the 3DS must be able to handle NES, SNES, Genesis, N64 etc. Not to mention GBA!
GB, GBC, Game Gear and TurboGrafx is cool and all. But it would be very odd to just have those four.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 04:24:02 PM by shelverton. »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 04:53:26 PM »
I believe they hinted at certain NES and SNES games being released on the Virtual Console.

Super Castlevania IV 3D please. Heck while you're at it, Rebirth 2 please.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 04:55:06 PM by OSM »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 05:13:24 PM »
Well how long did it take for Rondo to be ported to the US Wii Virtual Console? & is Bloodlines even available yet?

As for Konami even considering porting SCVIV, Rondo, etc. i'm not holding my breath

Online Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 05:57:15 PM »
sigh, i remember getting excited ages ago about the prospects of getting Vampire Killer onto the virtual console after hearing that an MSX emulator would be available.  just give me that game, please.

Offline Keldor

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 08:53:59 PM »
Rebirth 2 would be sweet.
Bnl4life

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
  • A Genuine Castlevania fan..
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 01:45:25 AM »
would prefer a completely new game rather than any sort of remake..leave masterpieces such as CV III or super CV IV to their original state...make a new plot(hopefully a Belmont as main character), new ayami kojima artwork, new gaming system..and..saying it again...allow you to change appearance in the game as you gather different armour, robes and stuff!

Offline Grim_Creeper

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 02:25:08 AM »
Portrait of Ruin does change your appearance when you equip certain things, its clearly technically possible to do so. I see no reason why a changing appearance of the sprite you control wouldn't be feasible in a future game.
Nani?! An animu site with no hentai? Blaaasphemy!
Burn the witch in the name of LoL!

-Lulzy Lulzerton Esq, wizard of ounces

Offline VampirehunterB

• Vampire Hunter
  • A Genuine Castlevania fan..
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 02:28:22 AM »
the only time they really did it that was in sotn, when you could change the cloak, which was an interesting detail

Offline Faran Koshan

• Jedi Vampire Killer
  • Dracula...ist auferstanden.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 02:03:06 PM »
I think Nintendo opted to include TG-16 games in the VC lineup for 3DS because due to the Turbo Express/GT, you could technically say that there actually WAS a handheld experience for the TG-16. This of course means two things with regards to this thread:

1. NES, SNES, N64, MSX, SMS or any other TV-reliant console doesn't follow suit.
2. Genesis games MAY be included due to the "Nomad" factor..
3. "Rondo" will not & should not appear on 3DS, because it was a CD-ROM2 disc-based game, not a Hucard, and thus would not be part of the library back then that you could play on a Turbo Express/GT.

Sorry to burst this bubble, but believe me; I would want Rondo with me on the bus just as much as the next fella. But the 3DS doesn't look like the handheld to make this possible.
...des Wolfs, der Fledermaus oder des Nebels annehmen.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 02:21:58 PM »
I'd totally take a 3DS port of DXC. That way it isn't on a spinning disc that breaks when you sneeze on the system.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 04:43:40 PM »
I want Castlevania 3 made into a 3D Classic like Excite Bike. That would be epic.

Tags: