Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Full Scale Aligned CV1 Map  (Read 5349 times)

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: March 07, 2018, 04:13:04 AM »
I built this crazy version of the CV1 map for stuff I was and still am working on. But I thought maybe you guys might want a copy of it too.

This is a full scale map that I aligned all the sections on. There is a + at the center of the castle space that is used for the alignment. My goal was to try to line up the castle the way it should be arranged if it were all contiguous like the map between stages. There are gaps between areas just to break it up but even the gaps are perfectly spaced by increments of 8 pixels or 1 NES tile. I will also link to a zip.

Compressed Version: https://mega.nz/#!mk0xmTaR!AsXWw3RytWklRzKav5eF-2c_s7ejLd6JNgifaTRX3Vo
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 06:40:17 AM »
I did this with the CV3 stages when I was working on a CV3 homebrew.
The "Haunted Ship" stage would make a perfect little ship, which was super-neat.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 06:51:50 AM »
Yeah I don't know what it is about piecing these maps together but it really makes it easy to visualize the entire thing as one flowing deal vs random segmented bits you have to try to link up in your mind. Helps connect the dots and allows you to create an entire big picture of it all in one shot. It also gives a lot of insight into the original design theory that the developers had in a way you could never get otherwise really.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 07:47:32 AM »
It also helps when you're trying to recreate the stages in Minecraft, as it gives you a better sense of space.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 09:25:09 AM »
CV maps are one of those neat little NES things that I enjoy staring at for minutes on end  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 02:13:28 AM »
Yea I sure had fun putting this one together that's for sure. I love how detailed the original design was when you zoom out like this and see it all in one big clear picture. CV1 when you first think of it seems so simple with few actual enemies, items and levels but really it is anything but simple. They really had a well thought out design behind it. I never get sick of examining these things.

Tags: