Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Music you've been digging lately  (Read 273334 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #690 on: April 07, 2021, 02:35:21 AM »
You seem to know a lot of industrial shit and I so far only know of Rammstein and Fear Factory. You got any recomendations or favourite bands in that genre?

KMFDM's Nihil album is a good'un for that industrial metal sound.

My favorite industrial band's Skinny Puppy. They're a bit on the weird side and very horror-themed.

They've done everything from dancy synth pop styled music...

to multi-layered ambient freakouts.

Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jazz Paladin Productions

• Vampire Hunter
  • I was summoned here to pay tribute
    • Jazz Paladin On Facebook
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #691 on: April 07, 2021, 11:31:59 AM »
Wild Arms 1 ost, never get tired of it
Jazzyvania: Symphonies of the Knight now available on CD/ Digital platforms! Groove on!

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
« Reply #692 on: April 07, 2021, 12:37:50 PM »
Damn, Mirror Saw is fucking awesome. Not sold on KMFDM but I'll give 'em a chance. Thanks dude!
Gotta get away

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #693 on: April 08, 2021, 09:25:43 PM »
So Cancerslug is very hit/miss with me, but damn, their songs that I like, I really, REALLY like:

The lyrics are nihilistic and I wouldn't even disagree if someone called them juvenile. But I can relate with the "fed up with everything" attitude this song has. And I just really dig Alex Story's voice. He made the only werewolf song (Shapeshift) I can remember that sounds absolutely chilling.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #694 on: April 08, 2021, 10:59:18 PM »
+1
Damn, Mirror Saw is fucking awesome.

I recommend SP's Too Dark Park and Last Rights albums. They both have a similarly dense sound, TDP being more accessible while LR goes into some pretty weird territory.

Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Holy Diver

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #695 on: May 30, 2021, 04:10:06 PM »
I've found these guys lately, they're prog/tech death, although a bit more grounded. Think more like later Death and early Cynic stuff rather than say Obscura and other similiar wanky tech death bands. While I'm not into all of their stuff atm, these two songs are really doing it for me, especially The Stranger, it's kinda uplifting in a way:

This thing here arguably drags on a wee bit(by which I mean it could be like 5 mins shorter and it wouldn't hurt the song, quite the opposite), but I can manage, as it's a rather calming song:

It's fucking Dio. Nuff said:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 09:34:51 PM by Holy Diver »
Gotta get away

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #696 on: June 13, 2021, 06:33:36 PM »
Speaking of Cynic, these guys kinda remind me of 'em and they are tiiiiight.

Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #697 on: June 13, 2021, 07:47:33 PM »
The Last Spell is a GREAT game on Steam and its OST is SOOOOO GOOD. The composer, The Algorithm, would do a great job for a Bloodstained game IMO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDCG0hVf5JI

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #698 on: June 14, 2021, 08:18:48 PM »
Oh cack, that Inanna upload sounds like balls. Best to listen to it on Bandcamp if anybody does check it out.

https://inannametal.bandcamp.com/track/ancestral-raging-tides
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #699 on: July 04, 2021, 07:35:52 AM »
The new Fear Factory's sounding delicious (haven't heard anything of theirs since Obsolete), ordered a CD copy on the strength of the first two tracks. Hope the rest doesn't disappoint. Sucks I couldn't just walk into a Target or Best Buy to buy it.

Apparently this is the last album to have Burton C. Bell. Le suq.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #700 on: July 04, 2021, 10:47:36 AM »
Been enjoying this song from the Breakfast Club.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeMHC7Ih8wg
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Holy Diver

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #701 on: July 05, 2021, 01:58:22 PM »
The new Fear Factory's sounding delicious (haven't heard anything of theirs since Obsolete), ordered a CD copy on the strength of the first two tracks. Hope the rest doesn't disappoint. Sucks I couldn't just walk into a Target or Best Buy to buy it.

Apparently this is the last album to have Burton C. Bell. Le suq.
Could give it a spin. Last time I gave them a shot was when I still couldn't apreciate more extreme forms of metal. To be fair I still can't get into more brutal forms of death metal and grind but I can say with certainty that I won't pussy out from just hearing the vocals this time around.
Gotta get away

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #702 on: July 08, 2021, 06:46:04 AM »
Lately I've been listening to a lot of techno/trance.
Mostly Deemphasis which I discovered when someone posted a video of a custom oversized Ravage figure made from a real VHS tape.

This sparked a quest to rediscover a trance song from a random-ass compilation CD I had back in the late 90's.
The only thing I remember about the song is that it was slow paced and reminded me of the ending of Silent Hill 2 due to the lyrics/sound bites it used.
It repeats in a lowish male voice "It's hot in here. The walls are burning."

I don't suppose anyone recognizes a song like that?
"Stuff and things."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #703 on: July 21, 2021, 09:19:48 PM »
Been listening to some punk stuff lately:

I guess these guys are all from various metal bands. Yep, I believe it.

I really like the sound they get out of the guitar. Kind of reminds me of the sound from Samhain's third album.

It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #704 on: October 09, 2021, 08:09:18 AM »
Gonna raise the dead since I'm not sure this needs it's own topic etc.

My dad pulled out a trove of records he brought home from work years ago but forgot about and never looked at.
So we've been going through em, and among the jazz and such, there were these neat German gothic organ music records.

I couldn't find the exact one on  YouTube, but this is a close one: must be a different volume.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 08:11:34 AM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Tags: