Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: For Sale/For Trade Thread!  (Read 243047 times)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2012, 10:15:54 PM »
I'm not trying to "show you up," I'm just telling it like it is. I'm just not gonna support someone that's trying to sell something for more than what it's worth, and I'm letting everyone here know in advance the truth before they blindly throw their money at your auction.

Maybe you should've started the bid at a modest $50.00, and watch it raise to a few hundred. That was your first mistake.

Offline Sir Trancelot

• Awards
Re: For Sale/For Trade Thread!
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2012, 11:11:08 PM »
Your phrase, "Bargain? Hah! Please, don't make me chuckle" with your big fat photo underneath is dripping with egotism, in case you didn't notice.

I'm trying to make it obvious. I am making a plug for something I want to sell. Being a Castlevania fan, I decide to post via a fan-based medium for support. I am also doing this to help pay for college. Now here comes you with, "[Well I got more than you, so don't think you're so special and here's why]". Seriously, if you have an opinion of disagreement, at least be objective about it. Warning people about "blindly throw[ing] their money at [my] auction" gives off a negative assumption.

Anyway, we do  have a disagreement regarding how much it is worth then. I say it's worth whatever eBay users (or anyone else for that matter) are willing to pay after reviewing a concrete history thanks to eBay, and you think it's worth less based on what you deem to be affordable to the common geek (still in the hundreds of dollars range). Unless you credit your source of it's historical worth, you're just spreading half truths and gorilla dust (otherwise known as speculation).

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2012, 12:54:42 AM »
+1
It really is worth whatever someone is willing to pay, and if it doesn't sell, he'll keep it or lower his price. Besides, Crisis, you're one of those who can pay a lot for things, like 150+$ for a Legacy of Darkness cardboard or 300+$ for a Belmont's Revenge one. Arguing about 300, 400 or 500$ is very funny. For your information, no one cared about this junk handheld until a couple of years ago. I paid 35$ for mine on eBay, and the auction wasn't misspelled or without pictures. I'm not sure you're the right person to be complaining about high prices, lol.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 01:21:18 AM by LuxKiller65 »

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2012, 12:58:13 AM »
I've been looking at ebay and the majority of tiger handhelds are sold for prices under 100$. Most of the time it's 30-40$. I guess Castlevania themed ones that are factory sealed magically adds 500$ on top of that.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2012, 07:53:34 AM »
Now here comes you with, "[Well I got more than you, so don't think you're so special and here's why]". Seriously, if you have an opinion of disagreement, at least be objective about it. Warning people about "blindly throw[ing] their money at [my] auction" gives off a negative assumption.

LoL. All I'm doing is telling my fellow Dungeonites that bidding on something with a STARTING bid of almost $600, and a buy-it-now of $700 isn't worth it and a ridiculously high starting price. The game isn't wrapped in a special foil, it doesn't contain anything unique that all the other sealed Symphony handhelds that sold for WAY less didn't have. People need to realize this.

Anyway, we do  have a disagreement regarding how much it is worth then. I say it's worth whatever eBay users (or anyone else for that matter) are willing to pay after reviewing a concrete history thanks to eBay, and you think it's worth less based on what you deem to be affordable to the common geek (still in the hundreds of dollars range). Unless you credit your source of it's historical worth, you're just spreading half truths and gorilla dust (otherwise known as speculation).

I don't have to credit a damn thing. I'm a hardcore CV collector, so I know the price range of things, and eBay isn't exactly a credible source either. Just because someone puts "CASTLEVANIA HANDMADE CLOTH SUPER-ULTRA RARE ITEM" in the title (and believe me, people do this), doesn't make it so. Likewise, just because there's a sealed SotN handheld up for grabs, doesn't make it worth over $600. Because, you know, those things aren't so rare, they pop up all the time. Let me put an even rarer CV item on eBay with a starting bid of $900, and see how that goes.

So like I said, good luck finding a seller on eBay that may indeed pay your asking price, but it's funny when people pop up here and try to sell their overly expensive items to us. I did my job by letting everyone here know what it's true worth is. You shouldn't be getting mad about that. After all, in your own words you said "I guess the only way we'll find out is when (not if) mine sells," so what I say shouldn't matter to you, given your confidence. eBay is the best place to sell stuff for more than they're worth.

Recently there was this guy trying to sell us prototype/press release copy of Portrait of Ruin for like $400. Then there was that guy that was trying to sell a NORMAL copy of DoS for over $100. Then that post about the guy selling a SotN card for $12,000. People come here and try to do this shit all the time, and so far, you're no different.

I'm not sure you're the right person to be complaining about high prices, lol.

The dude is trying to do the CVD a service by selling a sealed item, and i'm doing the CVD a service by saying the sealed item isn't worth $600+. And I find it odd that you're keeping tabs on my eBay purchases.

So folks, the moral of the story is, people need to start being more humble about their auctions. Going about it with "I want AT LEAST $550 no way i'm gonna take less than that" isn't smart; if you payed high for it and want to make a little profit or at least break even, sometimes you need to take a loss because your target audience is likely high school/college students/college grads that have their own bills and can't afford to pay it anyway. Sir Trancelot, I'm surprised you're not sympathizing with this, given your current situation.

Case in point,
I also think that price is way too high. This has been an annoying trend with Castlevania stuff on ebay lately. I just have to shake my head and move along when I see stuff like this.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 08:21:16 AM by Crisis »

Offline Sir Trancelot

• Awards
Castlevania Symphony of the Night Tiger Handheld | Factory Sealed for sale
« Reply #125 on: April 28, 2012, 06:19:35 PM »
LoL. All I'm doing is telling my fellow Dungeonites that bidding on something with a STARTING bid of almost $600, and a buy-it-now of $700 isn't worth it and a ridiculously high starting price. The game isn't wrapped in a special foil, it doesn't contain anything unique that all the other sealed Symphony handhelds that sold for WAY less didn't have. People need to realize this.

I would realize this, if you would only back up your claim in some way. Special foil? *lol*

I don't have to credit a damn thing.

Actually, you do.

I'm a hardcore CV collector, so I know the price range of things, and eBay isn't exactly a credible source either.

I'm a hardcore CV collector too. I could go on to prove it, but that's for another thread altogether. However simply because you deem yourself as such, does not result in knowing the worth of such memorabilia. eBay is a perfect place to judge the worth of things, as it lists what people are actually willing to pay in the Completed Auctions listings (you should really check it out sometime, it'll help readjust yourself). eBay is the stock market of commodities, get used to it.

Just because someone puts "CASTLEVANIA HANDMADE CLOTH SUPER-ULTRA RARE ITEM" in the title (and believe me, people do this), doesn't make it so.

Something we can both agree on! This is true, because it is an original item for sale, not something that has a history of being sold.

Likewise, just because there's a sealed SotN handheld up for grabs, doesn't make it worth over $600. Because, you know, those things aren't so rare, they pop up all the time. Let me put an even rarer CV item on eBay with a starting bid of $900, and see how that goes.

Here you go again with your unfound reasoning other than that you're a "hardcore CV collector". Again, common sense states there will be someone out there that will pay more for something new rather than used. Point: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TIGER-CASTLEVANIA-SYMPHONY-OF-THE-NIGHT-Hand-Held-Game-1998-RARE-LCD-SotN-/320867671541?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab5341df5#ht_1716wt_1167. The only argument against this logic is that buyers often flake out, and items sold in the Completed Auctions listings of eBay are not always accurate, however for the most part they are after reviewing the majority ratings of eBay users.

So like I said, good luck finding a seller on eBay that may indeed pay your asking price, but it's funny when people pop up here and try to sell their overly expensive items to us. I did my job by letting everyone here know what it's true worth is. You shouldn't be getting mad about that. After all, in your own words you said "I guess the only way we'll find out is when (not if) mine sells," so what I say shouldn't matter to you, given your confidence. eBay is the best place to sell stuff for more than they're worth.

Thanks for the good luck. No problem on what you think overly expensive is. There's always someone out there with more money than you, even in this economy. I'm not mad, I'm just trying to sort out what is objective, and what your feelings are that's all.

Recently there was this guy trying to sell us prototype/press release copy of Portrait of Ruin for like $400. Then there was that guy that was trying to sell a NORMAL copy of DoS for over $100. Then that post about the guy selling a SotN card for $12,000. People come here and try to do this shit all the time, and so far, you're no different.

The dude is trying to do the CVD a service by selling a sealed item, and i'm doing the CVD a service by saying the sealed item isn't worth $600+. And I find it odd that you're keeping tabs on my eBay purchases.

The prototype you speak of is an original item. Of course there's no basis to deem it's worth until we get abundant evidence in transactions of sales. I argue not over DoS, as it can still be had for below retail. Again, the SotN art is again an original item. Excuse me, but I gave no cue that I've been keeping tabs on your eBay purchases. How could I know your eBay user ID, and even then why would I care?

So folks, the moral of the story is, people need to start being more humble about their auctions. Going about it with "I want AT LEAST $550 no way i'm gonna take less than that" isn't smart; if you payed high for it and want to make a little profit or at least break even, sometimes you need to take a loss because your target audience is likely high school/college students/college grads that have their own bills and can't afford to pay it anyway. Sir Trancelot, I'm surprised you're not sympathizing with this, given your current situation.

I guess if trying to pay for my college tuition with the help of a good sale isn't humble, I must be evil reincarnate. I don't think about target audiences when I list. I go by facts and history. Also, I never implied I would not take less for my sealed Tiger SotN. If you would have researched, you would find that I lowered it by $20 from my previous auction. It's not something I'd fully advertise, but I figured I'd mention it to prove a point. Nice work!

Here's the auction link again: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261009105195
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 06:23:06 PM by Sir Trancelot »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2012, 06:48:47 PM »
+1
You obviously still don't get it, so there's no point in arguing with someone so thick-headed that refuses to listen to reason. I doubt anyone here on this forum is gonna pay for your handheld, so my work here is done.  :)

Offline Sir Trancelot

• Awards
Re: For Sale/For Trade Thread!
« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2012, 08:15:29 PM »
The point is there is no point. The argument is there's nothing to argue. I guess that still leaves room for insults, though. I still have hope that advertising here was for the best, as hard as you tried to dissuade me. Maybe it's best for the moderator to clean it all up.  :rollseyes:

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2012, 07:17:27 AM »
Currently there are three other Castlevania tiger handheld games on Ebay and they are being sold for 60$, 30$ and 20$ dollars. The contrast between those prices and your asking price is very amusing.  :)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2012, 09:57:18 AM »
Sir Trancelot,

No one is saying you're a bad guy for selling that item for what experienced CV collectors in this forum perceive as 'overpriced'.
What they are saying is their opinion: they feel the item is overpriced.
Good luck with your auction.  As you said, there is bound to be someone willing to pay.  Worst case scenario, you don't end up selling it and you do another bid.

Crisis,
You should not have have started this fiasco with your "Don't make me chuckle".  It was a statement done in bad taste.
You should have said something more objective instead of something that tactless.  You actually do this in a lot of threads and it's about time you quit with the attitude because then we have three or so pages of bile to have to deal with.

So folks, the moral of the story is, people need to start being more humble about their auctions.

I think people here need to start being more humble about more than just auctions... also, attitudes.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2012, 10:48:39 AM »
Sir Trancelot,

No one is saying you're a bad guy for selling that item for what experienced CV collectors in this forum perceive as 'overpriced'.
What they are saying is their opinion: they feel the item is overpriced.
Good luck with your auction.  As you said, there is bound to be someone willing to pay.  Worst case scenario, you don't end up selling it and you do another bid.

Crisis,
You should not have have started this fiasco with your "Don't make me chuckle".  It was a statement done in bad taste.
You should have said something more objective instead of something that tactless.  You actually do this in a lot of threads and it's about time you quit with the attitude because then we have three or so pages of bile to have to deal with.

I think people here need to start being more humble about more than just auctions... also, attitudes.
I was actually waiting on this Jorge, maybe you should just take this section of the forum out completely. It has been a little while since we've seen anything really worth while make it's way out here, but I could be wrong..

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2012, 12:22:52 PM »
I would rather it be here, instead of Fan Stuff having many "I'm selling this" threads, to be honest.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2012, 01:35:51 PM »
+1

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2012, 02:16:17 PM »
Wow, talk about a
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2012, 04:14:03 PM »
+1

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer