Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami E3 rumors (Castlevania?)  (Read 79435 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2011, 01:59:26 PM »
Everyone is hoping...

We're June 2nd...

Konami has shown a new MGS trailer,

Konami has announced a new Getsu Fuma Den...

and...

PACHISLOT 3!!!!11!

Seriously, that'd be the most awful day of my life XD

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2011, 11:44:32 PM »
The way Konami has been dropping the ball lately, I think it would be a home run for them CV-wise if they gave a 20-second teaser trailer for LoS 2, Announced a 3DS IGA game, and presented a collector's item/downloadable game for the anniversary. I know that's asking too much, but in a weird way, it feels like it's not asking for enough, either.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2011, 03:17:43 PM »

Konami has announced a new Getsu Fuma Den...

It's funny you mention this. Supposedly Hideki Kamiya tweeted about a new version of this being his dream project. Nothing substantial sadly, but one can hope.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2011, 05:45:55 PM »
I'd take a new Castlevania Puzzle too as long as its not the only new Castlevania thing.  Or maybe some other strange Castlevania incarnation for the iPhone since its not a real good platform for real CV games.  You never know what they'll come up with next.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2011, 03:26:41 AM »
Or maybe some other strange Castlevania incarnation for the iPhone since its not a real good platform for real CV games.

Or a Puzzle: Encore of the Night port for Android. Kinda sucks that I can't play this or the Double Dragon iOS remake on a Droid X. I was hoping more iOS games would be ported to Android versions by now. I know...my mistake.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:27:21 PM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2011, 03:28:27 AM »
It's in a few days. We won't wait a long time.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2011, 04:08:13 AM »
It's in a few days. We won't wait a long time.

Few more days, before we burn our brains with the stupidity that we will hear from konami..... :P
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2011, 04:35:35 AM »
Think they'll reserve the big reveal for E3, and only give us information about downloadable stuff? I don't remember how they did it last year.   

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2011, 09:52:58 AM »
Hideo Kojima said he wouldn't be at E3 this year (he teased another project and revealed he would do something for MGS's 25th anniversary however). As he was the one to reveal LoS, I don't think we'll get an announcement of the LoS sequel, except if Cox is there.

Let's hope IGA will be there with a whole new Metroidvania! Or some cool stuff.

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Konami E3 rumors (Castlevania?)
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2011, 11:17:40 AM »
Let's hope IGA will be there with a whole new Metroidvania!

Please, let it be truth!!!! I would buy 3DS or NGP just for this game.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2011, 11:20:07 AM »
Hideo Kojima said he wouldn't be at E3 this year (he teased another project and revealed he would do something for MGS's 25th anniversary however). As he was the one to reveal LoS, I don't think we'll get an announcement of the LoS sequel, except if Cox is there.

Let's hope IGA will be there with a whole new Metroidvania! Or some cool stuff.

At least MGS gets a special treatment for the 25th anniversary, when we don't know if Castlevania is going to get any kind of that treatment......

Also, it's funny how we complain about Metroidvanias and yet we still hope for one to be announced on E3.......just saying..... :P
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2011, 11:26:29 AM »
At least MGS gets a special treatment for the 25th anniversary, when we don't know if Castlevania is going to get any kind of that treatment......

Also, it's funny how we complain about Metroidvanias and yet we still hope for one to be announced on E3.......just saying..... :P
Castlevania Tribute Albums released on January 11, anyone? (Okay, these albums were like a bad joke)

Also, I never complained about Metroidvania's. :D

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2011, 12:32:29 PM »
Castlevania Tribute Albums released on January 11, anyone? (Okay, these albums were like a bad joke)

Also, I never complained about Metroidvania's. :D

Those tribute albums, are really a bad joke from the side of Konami........and as for the Metroidvania's, i was speaking in general!!!
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2011, 01:22:40 PM »
There's about an album's worth of good material on the Tribute volumes, so I wouldn't write them off entirely.

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Konami E3 rumors (Castlevania?)
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2011, 01:53:46 PM »
I don`t see anything wrong with those tribute albums. I quite like them. They are much more enjoyable to listen than almost any soundtrack from the games when listened to from beginning to the end.

Tags:

anything