Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What game(s) have you been playing lately?  (Read 586684 times)

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: What game(s) have you been playing lately?
« Reply #405 on: January 24, 2013, 01:52:07 AM »
Just started playing Dark Souls and holy crap, I'm getting the shit kicked out of me by skeletons.  :-[

I have a feeling I'll have a much harder time with this than with the first game, with the respawning enemies, no stockpiling herbs, etc.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #406 on: January 24, 2013, 05:45:14 AM »
Finished Mother 3 over the weekend. It was nice. :D
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #407 on: January 24, 2013, 06:50:16 AM »
Been really busy with stuff lately, also the lack of a desktop that is within reach (consistently) limits my options.
Skyrim is still fun when I play it. I'm starting to run out of things to do though.
I played through most of Lords of Shadow but I'm not quite there yet. So far I think it's a good game but a bit too 'general'. Doesn't take away the fact that it's a fun game.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #408 on: January 24, 2013, 06:54:33 AM »
Just started playing Dark Souls and holy crap, I'm getting the shit kicked out of me by skeletons.  :-[

I have a feeling I'll have a much harder time with this than with the first game, with the respawning enemies, no stockpiling herbs, etc.

Believe me my friend, Dark Souls is far more easier than Demon's Souls, you'll understand what i mean, when you get far on the game. ;)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #409 on: January 24, 2013, 09:26:15 AM »
GOS seemingly became the game, that I've played for the longest time ever. 70 hours and counting. And I am just in one of the final levels.
Now I need to defeat three different bosses with three incomplete (and underleveled) parties in a row.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #410 on: January 24, 2013, 09:58:46 AM »
here's my list
PS3- War in the North (almost finished)
iOS- Final Fantasy D (great free app)
Handheld- Castlevania HoD (trying to beat my old Maxim mode time... i got it done in 25 mins 8)
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #411 on: January 24, 2013, 10:28:17 PM »
Replaying Breath of Fire 2. Was one of the first RPGs I ever played and liked. It manages to be exceptionally similar to Final Fantasy yet quite original at the same time (who doesn't like turning into a freaking dragon?).
It's not as great as the beautiful BoF 4, where I believe Capcom reached their peak of originality, yet it's fun in its simplicity. 
One drawback though is that monsters are not very balanced in terms of power. The game throws at you stronger monsters quite fast which forces you to "farm" a lot for leveling up.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #412 on: January 28, 2013, 05:01:29 PM »
+1
Style Savvy: Trendsetters for 3DS. Shit's addictive.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #413 on: January 29, 2013, 04:12:54 AM »
Parodius Da! SFC in prepartion for purchasing the SFC version very soon hopefully (hopefully along with a couple FC Twinbee games). Still not done with Parodius collecting, for some reason I need variations of the same game, go figure (PS1 Sexy Parodius is very costly, the MSX Parodius on PS1 is in one of 3 MSX collections for the PS1, on Saturn I have it as one super collection. Inside is Gradius 1-3 MSX, Salamander, Twinbee, and of course Parodius MSX). :P

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #414 on: January 29, 2013, 08:29:10 AM »
Since my Skyrim has started crashing my rig (I think my save got corrupted.  :() I've been switching between Dishonored and Deus Ex Human Revolution Missing Link.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #415 on: January 29, 2013, 03:19:20 PM »
A friend of mine gave me money to get Spelunky on our Xbox. I love it, especially the co op rife with opportunities for trolling.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #416 on: January 30, 2013, 06:30:57 AM »
I recently purchased an iPhone 5, and just completed Castlevania: Puzzle. Now I am about halfway though FF: Dimensions, which is quite good.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #417 on: January 30, 2013, 09:33:33 AM »
I'm just about finished with Episode 4 of The Walking Dead. Love the comics and the show and this game is just as amazing. A lot of fun for pointing and clicking, but it also makes you think, and I love the difficult decisions it has you make.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #418 on: January 30, 2013, 09:38:21 AM »
Picked up "The Cave" for my WiiU. Neat game. Really interesting for a platformer with no combat what-so-ever.

Also, broke down yesterday and bought "New Super Mario Bros. U" via download. I'm liking it so far. The flying squirrel suit has interesting mechanics. It's also neat to see what the lands in the relative vicinity of Peach's Castle officially looks like. That said, I should really go back and finish playing NSMBW.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #419 on: January 30, 2013, 10:04:13 AM »
I got "The Cave" as well.  Nice dark humor.
I'm spoiled by the 60fps of that Rayman demo, New Super Mario Bros. U and Trine 2 though, so when The Cave is playing and running at 24-30fps, it seems dated.  The visuals are nice, though!  I need to get back to it.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags: