Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Inspired from Castlevania  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
« on: September 16, 2014, 05:12:34 PM »
I have never seen any references to Castlevania as the inspiration for some other game(s) and no I am not talking about Rusty or Vampire or any of the other games in the dungeon. Nor
for that matter any person pointing to the series or a character in the series for the creation of any other popular video game icons. Are there any articles on the web that anyone has come across stating so and so as the major driving force behind the creation of such and such?

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 05:48:54 PM »
Hideki Kamiya has been on record stating that he loves the original castlevanias so one could argue his games have taken inspiration from the series and it def shows in games like devil may cry

Tags: