Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Clearing the air, and dispelling old myths  (Read 2781 times)

Offline TheSkarCrow

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Clearing the air, and dispelling old myths
« on: March 04, 2021, 12:21:39 PM »
Good afternoon Dungonites, it is I, the SkarCrow.  I was informed of a few things that concern me, and my legacy that have been discussed in this place, and despite considering not to I feel obligated to clear the air on a few things.

First of all, and most importantly, ICVD and The Inverted Dungeon were not one and the same, they were offshoots of the same "tree" but they were not the same.  To have TID swallow ICVD's legacy, is just insulting.

I've read a few erroneous accounts of what happened, and I feel that perhaps, the truth should be known.

ICVD, like most forums, had an admin only forum, where ya know, admin things were discussed, it was there where we discussed bringing on new admins, new skins, new directions, and where we would shit talk, plan on how to fuck with idiot members and other "private" Discussions.

The key word there, Private.

Now, only the admins have access to this board, and one day we notice an issue... something out of place. 
We noticed Damaris (Darkmoon's Then wife / Wife, I haven't kept up so I don't know their current status, but I digress) listed as an admin.  Now, we would do things democratic, a simple vote, yay or nay but this.... this never came up, and when asked about it, Darkmoon stated "Well she's my wife" and "She can just look over my shoulder dude" and while both of these were valid points, neither of them addressed the actual issue which is promoting someone to Admin without even consulting the other admins. 

Damaris was removed from the Admin role, and we then discussed what to do about this, we, as in, all the Admin's at the time, consulted the issue and in an effort to not ostracize Darkmoon, we gave him options.  He could accept a figurehead role and be removed from the steering of the forums and continue his focus on the website, or be demoted to user with no explanation given or provided with a simple "Darkmoon does not have the time to dedicate the forums at this time" statement to be relayed to anyone who pressed for info.

Again, unlike when he Admin'd Damaris, this was voted on by all admins, and was found to be an appropriate response, given Darkmoon's tenture and standing.

Darkmoon instead through a hissy fit and left.

He was not kicked out of ICVD, he betrayed the trust of the Admins, and through that, the trust of all of the members of ICVD.

Darkmoon then started his own forums and well, that is how this place here, came to be.

Darkmoon betrayed the members of ICVD and got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, he had no excuses, he had nothing more then the "woe is me" attitude that he had shown dozens of times before.

So again, lets make this clear

ICVD is not The Inverted Dungeon.

I'm under no illusions, ICVD is dead, and it should remain dead, the age of forums has come and gone, I'm not here to kick start a war, I'm not here to imply jack or shit.

I'm here to say what I've said

Darkmoon betrayed ICVD, and ICVD and The Inverted Dungeon are not one and the same.

~TheSkarCrow

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I Have No Idea Where I'm Going
    • Castlevania: The Inverted Dungeon
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Clearing the air, and dispelling old myths
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 05:18:07 PM »
*jerk off motion*

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 06:41:31 PM »
My brain must be rotting because I don't remember any of this. Feels like forever and a day ago; I'm now the old 35-year-old that youse mugs were when I was a nubile, delectable youth.

I see ICVD as a community that long stopped existing.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 06:46:03 PM »
Basically how I feel, man. I see no reason to hold a grudge over whatever happened 15 years ago.

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 06:49:35 PM »
As I said, we all got old, some of us may get senile one day.  ;D

In grand tradition of an old saying:

*masturbates on thread*

The memories...... though it doesn't seem right to say that at 45 years of age.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 06:51:26 PM by Bloodreign »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 07:01:38 PM »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Darkmoon

• ICVD Keeper
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2021, 07:12:32 PM »
Seems appropriate.

Tags:

anything