Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1045368 times)

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1605 on: June 03, 2015, 02:35:56 PM »
Yes right new update is live direct link here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1252469

Guys if we NOT reach $3.75M will we know what is 4miilion goal is?

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1606 on: June 03, 2015, 02:52:31 PM »
Oh wow!  I'm seriously happy about this newly revealed stretch goal!  :D  I really hope that this one is reached - I much prefer to hear stuff performed by live muscians.  This is just nuts, in an awesome way.
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #1607 on: June 03, 2015, 03:04:15 PM »
A lot can go wrong trying to use orchestrated music in video games. They better not fuck this up. The music is already great as is. I don't honestly see the need to try and orchestrate it and risk screwing it up.

If they reach that mark, and then screw it up, they will either push it out screwed up (worst case scenario) or back pedal and piss everyone off by not doing it.

Fingers crossed as we approach that stretch goal. If the soundtrack isn't extraordinary for a game like THIS then it's going to really tarnish the whole thing. I'm sure I don't need to tell you guy, of all people, the bar is set extremely high for a game like this.

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1608 on: June 03, 2015, 03:05:11 PM »

I will play it on PC. I do not have Xbox One or PS4 but a Vita port? Seriously?!? I know the system is strong but there are waaay more Castlevania fans with Nintendo handhelds. They need to work harder and reconsider.

I wouldn't bet on a 3DS port being possible. Given the look they're targeting (Guilty Gear Xrd) and engine they chose, I find it surprising that a Vita port is possible.

Yes right new update is live direct link here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1252469

Guys if we NOT reach $3.75M will we know what is 4miilion goal is?

They're showing 2 goals at a time so we'll probably know 4mil when it hits 3.5m.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1609 on: June 03, 2015, 03:18:43 PM »
The thought of orchestrated music in Yooka-Laylee excites me because Grant Kirkhope already uses a lot of samples that sound like real instruments, so doing that with real instruments would be really cool. David Wise, however, usually has an electronic music sound, very synthesized, and I hope that isn't lost with an orchestra. Same goes for the tunes in Bloodstained; synthesized sounds and sometimes electronic music are a big part of what made Castlevania scores so great, and I hope its music is more in line with Lament of Innocence utilizing an ensemble while still retaining the mood and style, rather than something fully orchestrated.

Gotta git me a PS4 by the time this game's out, 'cos I don't wanna be playing a port of the game on Wii U not using Unreal Engine 4 and handled by a different developer for its conversion.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #1610 on: June 03, 2015, 03:21:29 PM »
Yeah but Michiru Yamane is a beast with close to 30 years composing for games, and has done live performances of Castlevania music for at least 10 years, I have total confidence in her skillz.

I'm not worried about Michiru's composition skills. I'm worried about them finding people good enough to bring it to life and do it in a way that works with the way video games handle music.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1611 on: June 03, 2015, 03:40:29 PM »
Also, didn't SotN use real instruments in its score?  I've seen nuerous videos of Castlevania: the concert, which was incredible.  Heck, Yamane was even involved in some of the performances, such as Wood Carving Partita: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZKH2JP7Ie4 shown here.  If they could have something akin to this, I will be bouncing up and down like a loon.  This is how to do orchestrated game music right.  Then again, I also adored the LoS osts, especially the original cinematic LoS2 trailer.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 03:43:11 PM by TatteredSeraph »

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #1612 on: June 03, 2015, 03:44:30 PM »
+1
Yamane and Yamada are thrilled to see this goal on the horizon, as it will enable them to have some of their compositions performed and recorded by a live, professional orchestra! These tracks will, of course, end up in the game, not to mention on the soundtrack.

It's only going to be some of the tracks....not the entire game OST.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1613 on: June 03, 2015, 03:53:59 PM »
Exactly.  It's still a very welcome addition. :)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1614 on: June 03, 2015, 04:09:57 PM »
Ah. That's more comforting then.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1615 on: June 03, 2015, 04:58:07 PM »
Also, didn't SotN use real instruments in its score?

Aside from electric guitars and the song "I Am the Wind", I'm pretty certain it's all synthesized (I wanna say MIDI but I may be misusing that term).
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1616 on: June 03, 2015, 05:19:35 PM »
Aside from electric guitars and the song "I Am the Wind", I'm pretty certain it's all synthesized (I wanna say MIDI but I may be misusing that term).

Prayer was apparently done by Yamane's sister.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1617 on: June 03, 2015, 05:30:27 PM »
(I wanna say MIDI but I may be misusing that term).

Theres a few ways to use that term. It's most likely technically correct. But not using the pre-installed MIDI sound set we're thinking of.

You can use MIDI sequencing and tie it to high end sound packs to make a track. It does not save as a MIDI file, you'd export it as a wav/mp3/ogg/etc.

But it is NOT chip tune. The PlayStation is not rendering the sound in real time using a sound pack (exceptions: Librarian's theme, Confessional Booth), but playing an actual sound recording.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1618 on: June 03, 2015, 05:55:32 PM »
A lot can go wrong trying to use orchestrated music in video games. They better not fuck this up. The music is already great as is. I don't honestly see the need to try and orchestrate it and risk screwing it up.

If they reach that mark, and then screw it up, they will either push it out screwed up (worst case scenario) or back pedal and piss everyone off by not doing it.

Fingers crossed as we approach that stretch goal. If the soundtrack isn't extraordinary for a game like THIS then it's going to really tarnish the whole thing. I'm sure I don't need to tell you guy, of all people, the bar is set extremely high for a game like this.
An orchestra wouldn't fuck some themes in SOTN.

Because Yamane knows that the melody being catchy is what's important.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1619 on: June 03, 2015, 05:57:46 PM »
An orchestra wouldn't fuck some themes in SOTN.

Because Yamane knows that the melody being catchy is what's important.

I'm not worried about Michiru's composition skills. I'm worried about them finding people good enough to bring it to life and do it in a way that works with the way video games handle music.

Tags:

anything