Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 1045873 times)

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1905 on: June 11, 2015, 06:41:41 AM »
Anyone know if all of this stuff (fan art/cosplay/haiku/etc. submissions) will be compiled and/or saved somewhere?
Or where/how I could ask?  I know they aren't doing the Ask Iga videos anymore, but they might still answer questions.  I don't even know how the Ask Iga questions were asked though. :-/

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1906 on: June 11, 2015, 07:37:18 AM »
Anyone know if all of this stuff (fan art/cosplay/haiku/etc. submissions) will be compiled and/or saved somewhere?
Or where/how I could ask?  I know they aren't doing the Ask Iga videos anymore, but they might still answer questions.  I don't even know how the Ask Iga questions were asked though. :-/

A great deal of the fanart is on their tumblr, linked to on the KS page. I can't guarantee every piece will be on there since it's like fanart for anything.

The Ask Iga questions were tweets sent to their Twitter account.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1907 on: June 11, 2015, 08:25:01 AM »
Yeah. Well, at least all writers are free to do as they please with 1999. @plottwist: I told you so. :)

Why does the stream have to be on a Saturday morning.... zzzzzzz. I'll just catch the replay.

I never doubted it, but I couldn't let this stop me :P IGA simply won't tell us never, and I HIGHLY doubt Konami would ever want anything to do with him again, even if he has expressed his interest for Castlevania despite having left Konami.

I would have zero interest in some other guy's version of the story. Unless they used IGA's notes or something.

This. Pretty much.

IGA is the only dude who knows what's up. Even if he screwed this chapter up, he is the ONLY one who can truly fill in this gap.

His evasive behavior actually leads me to believe that there are notes about this somewhere at Konami, but it's now obviously Konami's property, and speaking about it would be the same as leaking important info. But then again, Konami absolutelly despises Castlevania, apparently, so this might never see the light of the day.

The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1908 on: June 11, 2015, 08:27:42 AM »
+1
Watch Konami end up announcing Battle of 1999 as a Mobile Social RPG. :V

...Okay, that was low, I apologize.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1909 on: June 11, 2015, 08:32:22 AM »
+1
I would have zero interest in some other guy's version of the story. Unless they used IGA's notes or something.

Wasn't that pretty much Lords 2? They even apparently wanted Victor to be Julius at first.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1910 on: June 11, 2015, 08:47:50 AM »
IGA is the only dude who knows what's up. Even if he screwed this chapter up, he is the ONLY one who can truly fill in this gap.

We thought the same thing with George Lucas at one time. Then Episode 1 hit the theaters  :P
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1911 on: June 11, 2015, 08:52:16 AM »

This is exactly why I do not want us to reach 5 million. Even if it is in it's own mode these design decisions will influence the rest of the game. I hate procedural generated maps like this. They will never have the soul of actual methodical design. Those types of games feel so lifeless and mechanical.

I feel in a way that classic mode could have a similar bleed back effect into the actual game, but not nearly as pronounced as this.

If classic mode and rouge mode were their own separate games, then sure. Those would be interesting. But trying to make this game a one size fits all will certainly reduce it to the lowest common denominator. The core experience will get lost in making all the rest work.

I'd say make classic mode the portable prequel game. Ditch rouge mode entirely.

It's a separate mode...

About your last quote, ditch the money they will give to Armature and make two games for PS4/Xone/PC then.

Anyway, the mode won't be changed at this point, so I think you guys should start to accept that.

This game will a have a better budget than ANY of Iga games had.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 09:00:22 AM by Maedhros »

Offline Strider Nemesis

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1912 on: June 11, 2015, 09:34:32 AM »
I remember people saying we won't get to 5 million. Oh yes we will. We will probably get to 4.5 today. Already have 133,000 for today And with PayPal....we are only 600,000 or less away from it

I was definitely one of them. I didn't count on the campaign getting a boost as soon as 5 or 6 days before it ended. I thought it would only get a 2-day boost. It's going to break the $5 million barrier easily now. I'll be surprised if it doesn't reach at least $5.1 million.

Offline Strider Nemesis

• Awards
« Reply #1913 on: June 11, 2015, 09:40:32 AM »

This is exactly why I do not want us to reach 5 million. Even if it is in it's own mode these design decisions will influence the rest of the game. I hate procedural generated maps like this. They will never have the soul of actual methodical design. Those types of games feel so lifeless and mechanical.

I feel in a way that classic mode could have a similar bleed back effect into the actual game, but not nearly as pronounced as this.

If classic mode and rouge mode were their own separate games, then sure. Those would be interesting. But trying to make this game a one size fits all will certainly reduce it to the lowest common denominator. The core experience will get lost in making all the rest work.

I'd say make classic mode the portable prequel game. Ditch rouge mode entirely.

Relax. It's just an extra mode. It'd be pretty stupid if an extra mode determined the fate of level and enemy design of the whole castle. This is just a dungeon. They will just pick assets that fit into this mode and maybe add a couple more. For this mode, they aren't promising a castle with a variety of areas or saying that it will use every asset of the game.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 09:48:48 AM by Strider Nemesis »

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1914 on: June 11, 2015, 10:18:42 AM »
Honestly, I agree with Strider nemesis. While I understand the criticisms of procedural dungeons, I don't think it's necessarily true they'll affect the *rest* of the game. Bloodborne is a great example. The Chalice dungeons are procedurally generated, but the rest of the game is constructed normally and flows together seamlessly. If the Bloodstained team takes a similar approach, it should work, IMO.

Still, we're only at what, 4.4 or 4.5M? We only have 33 hours to go...>.> <.<

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1915 on: June 11, 2015, 10:29:12 AM »
Wow, the kickstarter's really been booming in the last few hours! I'm pretty confident we'll get the prequel minigame! Since we've got until tomorrow for the kickstarter to close, I'm willing to bet that we'll make it to the roguelike dungeon mode as well. That'd be pretty cool! It'd make this one of the most replayable IGAvanias ever! It'll be neat to have one solid castle design like we're used to, but be able to mix it up too.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1916 on: June 11, 2015, 10:44:03 AM »
I'm still shocked it even made this much. I thought it'd end around the $2 million mark. Definitely did not think it'd be the top video game kickstarter either.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1917 on: June 11, 2015, 10:55:40 AM »
+1
I would give the credit to Fangamer, as I've said before. This campaign seems to have been pulled off magnificently, ranging from Sword or Whip drumming up a lot of anticipation even before the KS launched to they way they drummed up even more support via social media bonuses. The backer rewards were just as effective, IMO. Given how much people love David Hayter, Ayami Kojima, and Yoshitaka Amano, having those people on board for goodies probably netted the campaign a few million dollars. I mean, 1000 dollar signed prints from Amano were all sold out *within minutes*! Finally, I suspect a lot of the 'clans' for the backers were very influential. From what I hear, some big shot Youtubers gave this project a shoutout and their devoted fans jumped at the bit to follow them. That probably gave us a few more million dollars as well.

The funding for this project seems quite secure. IGA was originally asking for 4.5M from other investors (the last .5M of the 5M total needed for the game was supposed to have been barely reached by Kickstarter), and after all the KS rewards have been given out, I'd say he'll have an extra 3M (out of 4.5M gained by kickstarter, though the number could be higher) to play around with. So he'll have like 7.5M dollars to make a game that he first thought would cost 5M. He has 150% of the funding he'd thought he'd need! Pretty impressive!

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Strider Nemesis

• Awards
« Reply #1918 on: June 11, 2015, 01:18:43 PM »
Prequel mini-game is official now. Now I'm starting to think this may make it to $5 million on Kickstarter alone (i.e. without the PayPal donations).

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1919 on: June 11, 2015, 01:38:08 PM »
+1
Can't believe this game overtook MN9, it's now officially the number 1 funded game on KS.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V37XS_mlPfo
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 01:43:38 PM by OSM »

Tags: