Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Season 3  (Read 72370 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2020, 07:33:16 AM »
Cool, Lords of Shadow season 3 is coming soon.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline DraculaCronqvist

• Demon King
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I shall give you the answer along with your death!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2020, 08:35:56 AM »
The new trailer looks good, but I'm afraid that, with no Dracula or the threat of him returning, the series will fall very short of what it should be. Dracula is the main character of Castlevania and the story is focused on him. Removing him from that equation is to cut out the soul of the franchise. Characters like Carmilla or Isaac are simply not enough to hold it on their own.
"It's not that I don't love to run into the heart of danger... Actually, that's exactly it."
"Individualism is a path fraught with obstacles, and sometimes angry mobs, but for all its hardships it is the only one worth taking."

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2020, 01:19:13 PM »
I honestly expect they might throw in a surprise and have Dracula resurrect at the end of the season, or they will be moving towards setting into motion a series take on Curse of Darkness, like I said previously.  If this shows the way that Isaac descends into madness the way he seems to flip from the CoD manga to how he is in the game, it should be interesting.  That line he utters “One day, Hell will be emptied, and its doors will rattle in the wind,” is brilliant.   I honestly doubt the show will remain Dracula-less for all that long.  It’s also nice seeing how the monster menagerie looks a lot bigger and more varied this season, much more like what we expect in Castlevania.  It’s bugging me though where I know that symbol that Trevor is stood on from. 
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2020, 02:35:45 PM »
Dracula is absent from the world 100 years at a time.  I don’t mind seeing what the world’s like during his absence.  But he always has his followers. 

With all this evil not staying dead, wonder if we’ll ever see Godbrand again.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 02:39:09 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2020, 02:47:04 PM »
So, that symbol that Trevor’s stood on at points in the trailer, which has been nagging me for a couple of days.  It’s the Leviathan Cross, which is the alchemical symbol for black sulfur, i.e brimstone and Hell.  It was also adopted by Le Vey Satanism, from which it gets referred to as a Satanic cross.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2020, 03:12:15 PM »
+2
>people worried bc dracula is super totes gonesies and oh noes what will the series be w/o him
>don't even need to look at all the other reasons like obvious alchemy/cult/resurrection setup stuff as to why this is a dumb thing to be concerned about
>mctavish is still on the cast billing for the third season

you guys what now

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2020, 03:40:21 PM »
What D9 said.  It’s Castlevania.  Even when Dracula is killed, he always finds a way back.  Aid Shankar and the Deats brothers are too big fans to completely ignore this central pillar of the games’ plots.  As far as I’m concerned, all of the scheming and mechanisations of other villainous characters is giving them room to breathe and grow, rather than just having them appear out of nowhere with little given motivation or ambition beyond “Hey, let’s resurrect Dracula!”.  It makes for very two dimensional and uninteresting characters.  Besides, from the poster itself, there’s a guy that resembles a re-designed St Germaine who didn’t show up in the trailer from what we can see, which, together with Hector and Isaac being present, suggests we are heading towards a take on Curse of Darkness, and thus Dracula getting resurrected a few years after Trevor and co take him down.  Why include the devil forgemasters to begin with if a CoD related adaptation wasn’t on the cards?

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2020, 07:39:20 PM »
new artwork
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr.com/castlevania-warren-ellis-shares-artwork-season-3/amp/

we also get the brief synopsis
(click to show/hide)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbook.com/anime/amp/2020/02/19/castlevania-anime-season-3-synopsis/
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 08:53:04 AM by Reinhart77 »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2020, 09:58:08 AM »
Looks like Nintendo DS-era cover art

Offline Sindra

• Lore Spelunker
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015-05- Digital Art Contest 1st Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • SindraVania Projects
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2020, 10:22:58 AM »
New tweet from Ellis gives us our cast for second 3.

https://twitter.com/warrenellis/status/1230538925460119554

Bill Nighy will voice St. Germaine
Jason Isaacs will voice a character called The Judge (possible Zead/Death hint?)

No character named Laura.
Suddenly a bunch more characters we likely won't give a shit about.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2020, 11:40:26 AM »
I kinda wish they would go back to the Trevor Stark design. Something about the all black Trevor Neo design is weird.

Or Trevor Belmont I guess. That would work too.

I should add that's pretty cool they're putting St. Germain in though!

I got excited because for I second I thought you meant the Science Guy and just made a typo.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 04:16:27 PM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2020, 11:45:56 AM »
Woohoo!  Glad my guess about St Germaine showing up was right, which suggests we should be having some COD elements.  I agree though that Isaacs’ character seems to be very Zead-y.  I’m surprised they didn’t have Laura show up.  Even if McTavish returns they wouldn’t say now.

Offline Reinhart77

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2020, 02:45:45 PM »
Aww, no Grant or Laura.  I’m finding it hard to believe Grant might still appear in a fourth season, since I would think the plot would have moved on to the next Belmont by then, but who knows.  With St. Germaine in play, I wonder if we’ll ever see any “flash forwards” to later Belmonts.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2020, 03:07:41 PM »
+1
Interesting that they’re including San German; i just hope they don’t drastically change his character since his persona was one of my favorite aspects of Curse of Darkness

I think Reinhart77 brings up a good point. Lament of Innocence has already been semi-confirmed to be “canon” in this universe with the inclusion of Leon’s portrait in an episode, which an argument can be made that Dracula’s original identity in this universe is still Matthias. However they have already took several liberties so they may just be picking & choosing what to include/what to ignore

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2020, 06:52:35 PM »
St Germaine
(x3)
San German

guys his name is snot gerbil get it right gosh

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Tags:

anything