Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Anniversary Collection Incoming?  (Read 52424 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Anniversary Collection Incoming?
« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2019, 12:33:37 AM »
Actually, I just realized this person is most likely mention in the credits as producer. I'll check later today if I can find anything.

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2019, 01:25:46 AM »
My only complaint are the controls :(

I want to jump with B and Attack with A :(
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2019, 07:22:47 AM »
My only complaint are the controls :(

I want to jump with B and Attack with A :(
I agree. Is there not a way to change it? I only played a few minutes last night.

Offline Mysterii

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2019, 07:43:28 AM »
Well, you can play with a GameCube Controller via the adapter, but you lose access to the menu unless you unplug it and pull out the JoyCons

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2019, 09:02:04 AM »
I agree. Is there not a way to change it? I only played a few minutes last night.
There is no way on the NES and the GB games. On SCV4 and Bloodlines I think you can.
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2019, 09:29:59 AM »
Would it have killed Konami to input a button config in their product? Certainly not.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2019, 01:36:31 PM »
The two major differences between japanese and north american versions that effect game mechanics are Grant’s weapon in CV3 and Christopher’s subweapons in Belmont’s Revenge.  Any other that we can look forward to?  I also think some games also have different ways of calculating damages, but forget which ones.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2019, 06:12:57 PM »
CV III US has more damage inflicted onto the character then CV III Japan. Also in the Japanese version the enemies don't take as many hits to kill either (the fire-spitting bone pillars are a good example of this as well as the bone dragons).
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #173 on: May 17, 2019, 07:47:28 PM »
Playing Belmont's Revenge for the first time. Feels way better than the Adventure.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #174 on: May 18, 2019, 01:09:12 AM »
Emulation is pretty solid, but, it's too barebones to be notable for anything either.

Playing the NES games require you to play with Y+B because X+A are swapped, Absolutely no mapping options.
Plus side is that SNES and Genesis games have a good control scheme (Snes is a given, but it's easy to fuck up genesis)
PC version outright has no Exit Program feature nor display settings.
Castlevania uses the original release which has the Sprite Draw crash, which explains the massive amount of flicker.

I'm going to give it the ol' GPD WIN optimization test, but what I've red on the reddit, it's probably not going to go so well.

Also the Twitter stated this is "the first", so buying this isn't too bad. if anything someone will probably crack the .bin to replace the roms.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #175 on: May 18, 2019, 06:14:43 AM »
Finished Castlevania 1, IV, and Bloodlines so far. I'm waiting for the Famicom patch to drop because I don't feel like playing through the harder version of Castlevania 3.

These games feel really comfortable to play in Switch's handheld mode.

Offline RichterB

• Returnee
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: May 18, 2019, 12:47:41 PM »
I can definitely understand wanting accessibility options, or even a greater sense of consistency in button layouts across games, but from what I've seen, aside from the angle of the buttons, it's generally faithful to the burned-into-memory NES controls; and moreover, it's how the GBA Castlevania games played on GBA (http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/cv-cotm/packing/cotm_page04.jpg) and DS (and Wii U, I think)--I just put Circle of the Moon into my old DS Lite the other day, which simulates modern controllers, and the control scheme felt totally natural to me. The button that's farther to the left, whether lower or at the same height, is usually attack, and the button to the right of that is jump. (i.e. B-attack and A-jump on Switch, A-attack and B-jump on XBox). So I'm a little surprised at the amount of outcry on that point. Not saying it couldn't have been different, and maybe I'm misunderstanding something here, but I don't think it was totally illogical on M2's part. Am I to understand that all these years, Castlevania fans were reversing their jump and attack buttons? What would have been worse, in my opinion, is defaulting a reversal of buttons, which is what the Gamecube Mega Man Anniversary Collection did years back, and that did not work with my muscle memory at all.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #177 on: May 18, 2019, 04:49:49 PM »
is this out on PS4 yet in North America?  i’m not seeing it in the store (wondering if i have to update the store or something)

Offline whipsmemory

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2019, 04:08:45 AM »
Has anyone had any issues with timed jumps on rotating platform in the trick manor in SCV4? For some reason there seems to be some slight delay in the input which makes it hell to go through the stage, i could do it almost eye-closed on the SFC, I'm playing on Switch and literally had a game over in the first half of the first block :-\

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #179 on: May 19, 2019, 04:40:33 AM »
Has anyone had any issues with timed jumps on rotating platform in the trick manor in SCV4? For some reason there seems to be some slight delay in the input which makes it hell to go through the stage, i could do it almost eye-closed on the SFC, I'm playing on Switch and literally had a game over in the first half of the first block :-\
I've had no issues getting through any secton of CV4 in regards to input delay. It could be your tv.

Tags: