Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Darkstalkers Resurrection releases today!! Embrace the Dark  (Read 3165 times)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Darkstalkers Resurrection releases today!! Embrace the Dark
« on: March 12, 2013, 08:13:23 AM »
+1
This series deserves a comeback and sequels,  maybe sales can convince Capcom for a Darkstalkers 4 that's SSF4 quality?   Some say this could be used to test the waters.    I'm really upset with how Capcom treated RE, but
maybe Darkstalkers 4 would receive professional treatment while maintaining authenticity.  Fighting games seems
to be the only thing Capcom does right (although MVC3/UMVC3 suck compared to SSF4 production values and gameplay.)

Darkstalkers Resurrection Release Trailer

Embrace the Dark contest results

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2013/02/01/darkstalkers-embrace-the-dark-contest-results

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e7/Darkstalkers_Resurrection.jpg

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/darkstalkers-resurrection-600x333.jpg

Darkstalkers was definitely inspired by Castlevania.     ;D

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2012/214/6/4/felicia__s_revenge_by_nekohybrid-d59lw4p.png

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 09:24:23 AM by affinity »

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
Re: Darkstalkers Resurrection releases today!! Embrace the Dark
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 10:24:27 AM »
I beta tested the game. You are in for a treat!!!!  :rollseyes:
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 10:30:29 AM »
Darkstalkers is in my top 5 if not my top 3 favorite series and in some ways it would be great to see it have a comeback. But honestly I don't think I'd trust the Capcom of today to do the series justice.

I beta tested the game. You are in for a treat!!!!  :rollseyes:

Did you beta test it by just playing old releases of Vampire Hunter and Vampire Savior? :P
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:33:12 AM by Ratty »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 10:33:07 AM »
Everyone that played it before did know the tricks, since its only 2 old gamers in HD with a online mode. I should buy this game if I have a PS3.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 10:36:57 AM »
Darkstalkers is in my top 5 if not my top 3 favorite series and in some ways it would be great to see it have a comeback. But honestly I don't think I'd trust the Capcom of today to do the series justice.

Did you beta test it by just playing old releases of Vampire Hunter and Vampire Savior? :P
No it was one of those things Sony put out for psn to test out. I was lucky in that the latency wasn't far off from ssfIv. There was a random lobby but I hope matchmaking is similar to blazblue
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 10:45:32 AM »
No it was one of those things Sony put out for psn to test out. I was lucky in that the latency wasn't far off from ssfIv. There was a random lobby but I hope matchmaking is similar to blazblue

Ah just wasn't sure because you included the rolling eyes but no specific complaints.

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 10:51:38 AM »
Also if u are really familia with the game I think some infinites got scrubbed. Ie rikou's from ds3 is impossible for me to pull off. I don't know if its due to the fact that I haven't touched DS in a short, long time
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Tags: