Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Podcast Thread  (Read 2796 times)

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: March 23, 2017, 08:11:19 PM »
+1
Hi guys! I think we should have a thread for discussing our favorite podcasts! I am a podcast junkie and I would love to hear about what you guys are into and share the gems that I've found!

My favorites:

Lore: I highly, highly recommend this podcast focused on dark tales and superstition from recorded accounts . Excellent production quality and the host Aaron Manke is a master story teller.

StarTalk: Neil Tyson and Bill Nye. Nuff side.

Lizard People: I love this comedic take on conspiracy theories!

And of course the Bloodstained community podcast! I love the show. I just want more episodes! Xombiemike is a great host and I think he could easily host a weekly gaming podcast. More, more please!

Myths and Legends: This is a good one, but sometimes the sarcasm of the host bugs me a little. Otherwise, great show.

Can't wait to get a thread going for this!
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 04:30:20 PM »
Great idea! Here are my favorites:

-The Ricky Gervais Show: Probably my favorite podcast, that was ultimately turned into a beautiful, hilarious cartoon series.
It's a bit old now, but if you haven't watched it, you're losing so much. Hours and hours of quality humor. Including "the enlightened one", the greatest English "unintentional comedian" of our time, Karl Pilkington.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UI47txq6mE

-Hardcore History: My friend recommended it to me and it's absolutely great. Dan Carlin is a podcaster, political commentator and great lover of history. In a series of shows, he discusses world history in a fascinating, enlightening and exciting way. Priceless for those who love history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7CmBN741Vw&t=6472s

-No Such Thing as a Fish: A "QI" style podcast in which the hosts research random, little-known, often amazing facts and then joke about them. Very entertaining.

http://qi.com/podcast/

-True Capitalist Radio: A politics and business podcast hosted by a Texan right-wing self-professed "capitalist" and business owner, known only as "Ghost". A bit similarly to the more well-known Alex Jones, Ghost promotes a combination of free-market values with some crazy conspiracy theories, and spends most of his time raging about America's decline as well as the death of common decency and the good-old values of respect, decency, responsibility and masculinity, by the hands of "the liberal establishment". The funniest part of the show is "Radio Graffiti" in which he takes calls from listeners, the majority of whom are professional trolls. And yes, it's much more hilarious than it sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1EmC0OREv0
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 04:32:24 PM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 06:54:31 PM »
I'm gonna check those out Freddy!

My friend Nell and I were talking about the cosmos and she suggested an episode of The Joe Rogan Experience that featured Krauss.

I even liked an episode with Everlast as the guest lol.

I recommend it! Nice long episodes to help pass the time at work.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 06:57:34 PM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Tags:

anything