Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Ayami Kojima and Michiru Yamane's Art "Complementary"  (Read 11911 times)

Offline Rictrunks

• ----
  • Hunter in Training
  • ----
    • Awards
Ayami Kojima and Michiru Yamane's Art "Complementary"
« on: September 12, 2007, 08:21:11 AM »
Their art synthesis deduces a wonderful taste.
I hope they'll work for next two Castlevania.
If you want to see Yamane's music and Kojima's artwork combination, let's watch the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGv4Ws2DTdM
I watch this everyday.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 08:26:26 AM by Rictrunks »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: Ayami Kojima and Michiru Yamane's Art "Complementary"
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 08:51:01 AM »
I'm really not a fan of Kojima's work. Sometimes she does wonderful illustrations, other times they're terribly bad (like for Aria of Sorrow). I'm just sick of seeing her art all the time. I wish they'd get other artists, like Akihiro Yamada again. He did the art for the SNES Dracula X.

Isn't that wonderful?

I also enjoy the art for Circle of the Moon and wish they'd get that artist again. I just want things to be changed up, you know? Like they used to be.

...Of course, that also applies to the games themselves. :P I'm sick of Igarashi and his games. It's my opinion that he's honestly never made a GREAT game. Being assistant director on SOTN (which is a fantastic game) doesn't count for much.

Also, Yamane seems to be getting a little stale. I much prefer her music for Bloodlines and SOTN to all the more recent stuff she's done. Still good music, but just...I dunno, recycled and bland.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 08:56:48 AM »
Dracula looks fine here on that image, but Richter's face looks retarded. And why is he blonde?

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 09:14:21 AM »
Hey,i like Kojima's art work and art work of aria of sorrow is beautiful.I like it very much.What Ayami need's is to refresh her self and come up with new ideas.She just have stuck with one style.She need's to find more styles and then we will enjoy her creations once again.Her work on Dracula X Chronicles isn't that bad at all.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 11:00:16 AM »
It's funny how some people complain about Kojima's style, then when Konami switches it up in the case of PoR, AoS, CotM, etc. those people want Kojima's style back. It's like a dog chasing its tail, It's never gonna end.

Offline efin

• Hunter in Training
    • Castlevania Homebrew Images
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 11:12:43 AM »
I like Kojima's style a lot, except for the tiny head syndrome some of her works seem to have (especially in CoD).

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 11:28:49 AM »
How about..... Kojima and Ayame team up! like one makes it and thhen the other add their style to it.

Like Ayame makes a blonde with anime clothing, then Kojima makes it look realistic.... or vice versa or soemthing. I always like changes. I mean, have you ever looked at Sonic the Hedgehog? Then search for a human version of him? I'd almost turn gay for it >.> but I won't.

Offline olroxshade

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 11:34:30 AM »
Like old Igavanias: Kojima + Amane = Win!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 11:40:57 AM »
It's funny how some people complain about Kojima's style, then when Konami switches it up in the case of PoR, AoS, CotM, etc. those people want Kojima's style back. It's like a dog chasing its tail, It's never gonna end.

I dunno if you're just saying that generally, or trying to gear it towards me since I'm the only one who's really complained about Kojima's art so far. If the latter's the case, I never even said anything of the such. :o I just want new blood, or old blood. Like I said, COTM's art is great. The anime stylings of DOS is ass, but POR looks a bit better. Overall, though, the anime look has never befitted Castlevania, not even in Rondo of Blood. Doesn't help that all anime-styled artwork for Castlevania over the years has been done poorly.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 12:07:02 PM »
He did the art for the SNES Dracula X.

Isn't that wonderful?
Sure, but that's not the SNES Dracula X...I'm not up on my artists, did he do the PC-E artwork as well?

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 12:16:41 PM »
I think the Kojima + Ayame style works out well for the Castlevania series as it stands.  They're probably one of the few things that keeps me coming back for more with the recent trend of Iga games.

If you were going to change those two up, I'd think you'd need to change out Iga as well and develop an entirely new system to go along with the change.  But that could just be me?

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 12:26:49 PM »
In Reply To #10

Ed - I'm sorry to say but that sorta is the snes Dracula X artwork, just not the US version, it's actually Vampires Kiss the European name for the game.

See -->
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Steve

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 12:32:31 PM »
Both the Japanese and European versions of Dracula XX featured the artwork seen above.  The American version just reused the artwork from Rondo.

Offline olroxshade

• Hunter in Training
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 12:41:31 PM »
Uhm..CotM artwork...is from the same artist of Vampire Kiss?

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 01:19:11 PM »
Uhm..CotM artwork...is from the same artist of Vampire Kiss?

Nope. I'm not sure who did COTM's art, I just like it.

Also, I keep seeing "Ayame" in this thread. I'm so confused. Who's Ayame? :P There's an Ayami Kojima, and a Michiru Yamane. Akihiro Yamada was also mentioned. Nope, no Ayames here. o.o
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags: