Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Any Details on new DS title yet?  (Read 47665 times)

Offline Azmodan

• Vampire Hunter
  • Captain Obvious :(
    • Awards
Re: Any Details on new DS title yet?
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2007, 01:12:32 PM »
In Reply To #45

I'm pretty sure it's Dracula's magic. :D
---------------------------------------
The Chapel of Resonance- OST's, reviews, translations, and the latest Fan Games- any and everything Castlevania!

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2007, 01:30:02 PM »
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 01:32:40 PM by Serio »

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2007, 01:37:27 PM »
99% of roms are copyrighted. Even romhacks. Unless such rom is written from grounds up or made out of freeware/open source stuff it's copyrighted. Just because the game was modified doesn't mean the original author/company doesn't have rights to it anymore, that's what all the copyright stuff was made for after all.

If you take for example mona lisa, draw a moustache, a cigar, bleeding background and a hat you still can't claim it's yours. It's still mona lisa, just butchered. :P

ah, okay gotcha. My bad.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Kensuke

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2007, 11:24:10 PM »
I've said it several times, and I'll say it again...Maria is a Belmont. There's your explanation. Yoko I don't know about...I still locked up around that "Witch in the service of the Catholic Church" bit.

And as for the new DS title, I'd settle for putting CV2 and CV3 on the same cart with updated graphics and music. It shouldn't be that difficult to do. I'd personally prefer it go on PSP, but DS might be the safer option in terms of sales.

IGA is running out of material. Aside from remakes he's got:

1. The 1897 game. Which would be very nice, and go a long ways towards branching the storyline away from Bram Stoker.

2. The 1999 game. The grand finale. And something that should be handled with definate care.

- John

« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 11:28:44 PM by Kensuke »

Offline Kensuke

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2007, 11:44:52 PM »
Proof: Some people like Sonia but hate Legends because it didn't do her justice.

Truth.

Thinking about it, has Castlevania ever had any really good female characters that weren't a: annoying and/or b: damsels in distress? Sypha, I guess, but she never really said much :-/

I liked Maria and Sonia. I'm withholding judgment on Charolette until I get a chance to play PoR. I dunno about anyone else, but Maria worked well enough in SotN. Was pretty cool in Saturn NitM. And though she was crippled in the remake, she was tolerable enough. I think too many people bash her based on the 12 year old anime girl in Rondo. IGA even admitted the original development team just threw her in as a joke in Rondo.

- John
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 11:47:12 PM by Kensuke »

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2007, 12:54:36 AM »
In Reply To #49

He does have the span of time between Lament of Innocence and CVIII to play around in as well, doesn't he? What were the Belmonts doing after Mathias betrayed Leon but before Mathias became Dracula :)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2007, 01:43:57 AM »
In Reply To #37

Well she can summon a phoenix to carry her, or her hippogriff and such. That room had windows iirc. As for the clock tower thing, I can't say how..... could just be there is another way to open it, but thats just dumb and thats what SotN story fails..... like every other castlevania story.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2007, 11:33:21 AM »
...and through the mist grate. :P

Oj, well I haven't actually played the game so I don't know, I just figured it was a room with spiky walls floors and ceilings. Maybe she punched a hole in it? Or the dragon she rode bit it off?
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2007, 11:39:56 AM »
In Reply To #49

Actually, he can do whatever he wants. He could do something before LoI (I would prefer something about Joachim, him having his own  game hopefully.  ;D) or the gap between LoI and CVIII. He might also do something about what happens far after DoS. Remember, Arikado said that someone would once again follow in Drac's dark footsteps, even if it wasn't Soma.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2007, 12:19:43 PM »
In Reply To #49

Actually, he can do whatever he wants. He could do something before LoI (I would prefer something about Joachim, him having his own  game hopefully.  ;D)

Honestly, I think basing a game on Joachim is kind of lame.
That, to me, would be like basing a game off Dmitri or Dario from DoS. Their all enemies there to move the plot to the next scene. Besides if you really want to play as Joachim you can in LoI

But yes, IGA Can do whatever he wants to with the series

1. The 1897 game. Which would be very nice, and go a long ways towards branching the storyline away from Bram Stoker.

2. The 1999 game. The grand finale. And something that should be handled with definate care.

These are not the only two stories left. They're going to keep on coming up with them and making them even if they suck because at the end of the day it's still just a business. The 1999 game is going to happen at some point, but I don't think it will be either of the next 2, but I could be wrong. As for anything relating to Bram Stoker's Dracula  I think the only thing we're ever going to get is the connection from Quincy Morris to John and Johnathon from Bloodlines and PoR. I don't think they'll ever actually do a game around that.
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2007, 01:47:23 PM »
IGA is running out of material. Aside from remakes he's got:

IGA's got more ideas than that. He's already brought up the ides of:

1. 1999(as you said)
2. 1897(as you said)
3. Something taking place in betwee, LoI and CV3, where "the Belmonts were fighting "other" vampires. (Note: You can make a LOT of games taking place in THIS period since there's some centuries in between LoI and CV4).
4. Direct sequel to HoD(which follows Juste's adventures AFTER the events of HoD).
5. Direct Sequel to SotN(which follows Alucard's adventures AFTER the events of SotN).
6. The story of how the Belmonts lost the power to wield the whip and had to give it up to the Morris clan.(This can actually be put side-to-side with the SotN sequel, as both would take place around the same time).

Those were the ideas he's talked about in various interviews. Not to mention ideas of having a female Belmont starring in a modern-themed CV game, or even a Black Belmont(or vampire hunter) who was inspired by the Blade movies(IGA seemingly likes them).

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2007, 02:03:38 PM »
5. Direct Sequel to SotN(which follows Alucard's adventures AFTER the events of SotN).

He puts himself to sleep. The End.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2007, 04:48:44 PM »
http://www.dreadcentral.com/node/25496

Here's your sequel to Symphony.....I guess this is the part where Alucard becomes female and hates all things holy....
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2007, 06:41:08 PM »
Honestly, I think basing a game on Joachim is kind of lame.
That, to me, would be like basing a game off Dmitri or Dario from DoS. Their all enemies there to move the plot to the next scene. Besides if you really want to play as Joachim you can in LoI

Yes, you're right, it does sound ridiculous, but I just love Joachim so much that I really want to have a game where he is the main player. LoI Joachim mode is not the same, but IMO, it had the best ending of any CV game.  ;D Just because I think Joachim would have been a much cooler Dracula. Does Mathias/Drac manipulate and control swords with telekenisis? I didn't think so.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2007, 07:33:28 PM »
In Reply To #57

I don't recall that ever being specified. Maybe Alucard nodded that going to sleep was his plan, but we all know where he was for the Sorrow games and how much he was aware of the events of 1999. While he implied slumber was what he was going to do, there isn't any proof to that he actually did that. Especially if IGA has an idea for Alucard's adventures right after SotN.

Tags:

anything