Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017  (Read 286305 times)

Offline Briraka

• Hunter in Training
  • \m/
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017
« Reply #345 on: December 31, 2016, 08:43:33 AM »
I think sticking up for Mig's work to a teenage troll who has nothing positive to say about a game we've devoted a significant portion of our lives to is a great way to represent the team.

And by the way, a great many people like the difficulty level of the game and it's mechanics. Many praised the difficulty of LC1 as well. Maybe this is because Mig has been making games since the mid 90's and he knows a thing or two about how to make a fun game.

I'm genuinly happy that the game was difficult for you. I've seen many people make it through smoothly with few problems. If it were easy for everyone, something would be wrong.
Man, I didn't know someone criticizing your masterpiece without saying anything positive like everyone else made them a troll. :v

You made very few critiques that I agree with and you presented them in a condescending "the game is doomed because of this" manner. You spoke not a word of anything positive about the game, and persisted when I tried to politely move on.
I don't recall Bloo saying anything about how the game was doomed. Or is this one of those things where someone interprets something bad because they didn't like what the other person said without giving a pat on the ass first?

Also, between "Sorry, but maybe this game is just not for you." and "I'm glad the game kicked your ass." (even when he gave you the kind of criticism you'd be looking for) I'm having a hard time figuring out who's the one being condescending here.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #346 on: December 31, 2016, 09:27:18 AM »
Man, I didn't know someone criticizing your masterpiece without saying anything positive like everyone else made them a troll. :v
I don't recall Bloo saying anything about how the game was doomed. Or is this one of those things where someone interprets something bad because they didn't like what the other person said without giving a pat on the ass first?

Also, between "Sorry, but maybe this game is just not for you." and "I'm glad the game kicked your ass." (even when he gave you the kind of criticism you'd be looking for) I'm having a hard time figuring out who's the one being condescending here.

Let's be clear. This is Mig's hard work I'm defending. And despite your sarcasm, I do believe his work to be a masterpiece. I believe in him as a creator. And that's why I devote my time to working with him.

This kid came on here salty because the game wasn't easy for him and continued to rip it apart and called it too difficult for its own good. I know through my own experience, player feedback and observing people play that he is incorrect.

If someone wants to rip the game apart on points of opinion be my guest. But if you do it here on the CV dungeon forum (one of the only forums I belong to) don't expect me to sit idle.

That's all I have to say about it. I have work to do and I'm not wasting another thought on this.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 10:05:11 AM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #347 on: December 31, 2016, 11:05:25 AM »
Let's be clear. This is Mig's hard work I'm defending. And despite your sarcasm, I do believe his work to be a masterpiece. I believe in him as a creator. And that's why I devote my time to working with him.

This kid came on here salty because the game wasn't easy for him and continued to rip it apart and called it too difficult for its own good. I know through my own experience, player feedback and observing people play that he is incorrect.

If someone wants to rip the game apart on points of opinion be my guest. But if you do it here on the CV dungeon forum (one of the only forums I belong to) don't expect me to sit idle.

That's all I have to say about it. I have work to do and I'm not wasting another thought on this.

Fact is this is all subjective man, I like game and feel its not to hard as well but that may not be true for others since quite frankly a lot of gamers have vastly different preferences as far as how the difficulty suits their playstyle, I don't think him pointing out how he finds the game very hard and unforgiving (for him) that it means he is automatically trolling or bashing the game, I get that it takes a lot of hard work on this and it is never really pleasant to see someone say something negative towards your work after so many weeks upon weeks you put into it, but the thing is this is the internet as well as life man, if your going to put your work out there your going to have to develop some thicker skin when it comes to critique and learn to differentiate between "trolling/bashing" or the person simply not finding the game up to their taste and giving their opinion on what they may like or dislike about the game, so long as they are not outright bashing it by calling it crap or stupid or retarded or something like then it may be best to not come at someone so hard over a simple opinion.

I know this first hand as someone who puts hacks out for CV on the web myself and while my work definitely is not up to yours and mig's level I still have to deal with negative things towards a hack I spend weeks upon weeks  making and working hard on, I just learned to try to engage them in a constructive and polite way and if that fails I just ignore them entirely.

Lets not spoil this demo topic with arguments, you guys did a fantastic job on this game but I just had to give my two cents, you can't bash or belittle someone's opinion just because its negative and does not match your own man, lets all try to be mature here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 11:18:44 AM by DarkPrinceAlucard »

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #348 on: December 31, 2016, 11:35:25 AM »
I think this is the most anoying part:

The game is difficult for the wrong reason. It's hard because of faulty game mechanics, and poor introduction. The player isn't eased into the game one mechanic or function at a time.  The player is expected to be a master at what you want them to do.

really i must say the 1st time i have problems playing the game, but that was because i need to learn how the rules of the game are and there is something that can help you and its the guide, i know most of the people dont read that because fuck that shit i dont need that but if you have problems read that, i read the part of the rope and rings and really that gives me ideas of how to grab that.

and this:
Way to represent the team you're working with.

When Belmontoya talks about I'm glad the game kicked your ass I think he was happy to know that the game its challenging most of the time i dont give my opinion if the game its hard or easy because (and i prefer to avoid to say this) im very good playing video games so all that i see easy for a lot of person it will be hard, so the best i can do its to read others opinions and when i say it have a good difficulty try to remember that at least its for me.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #349 on: December 31, 2016, 02:49:45 PM »
When Belmontoya talks about I'm glad the game kicked your ass I think he was happy to know that the game its challenging most of the time i dont give my opinion if the game its hard or easy because (and i prefer to avoid to say this) im very good playing video games so all that i see easy for a lot of person it will be hard, so the best i can do its to read others opinions and when i say it have a good difficulty try to remember that at least its for me.

That's exactly what he meant, but in the context of the situation it definitely looks like he means it in a negative way.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #350 on: December 31, 2016, 08:13:33 PM »
Belmontoya, the way you responded to Bloo was extremely uncalled for. Yes, you have respect for Mig. A hell of a lot of us do. But Bloo's criticism of the demo was presented in a constructive way. He told you what he found wrong about it and explained why, he didn't just say "The demo sucks because hard". It's input that literally any creative person would be happy to hear, so to outright respond with "This game isn't for you" and "I'm glad this game kicked your ass" and basically be a jerk about it is a horrible way to do so.

He was hardly being a troll, and was definitely not being condescending. And you responded in a pretty damn dickish way. And it's responses like this that make a lot of people really hesitant to ever offer any negative feedback. Yes, Mig put countless hours into working on this. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into it. But I know that if it were me, I'd want people to tell me if I was doing something wrong. Even if it's not something I agree with.

If anything, it's less of Bloo being a troll and more of you not being able to handle negative feedback.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
  • Nightmare Class Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #351 on: December 31, 2016, 09:33:53 PM »
I think sticking up for Mig's work to a teenage troll who has nothing positive to say about a game we've devoted a significant portion of our lives to is a great way to represent the team.

And by the way, a great many people like the difficulty level of the game and it's mechanics. Many praised the difficulty of LC1 as well. Maybe this is because Mig has been making games since the mid 90's and he knows a thing or two about how to make a fun game.

I'm genuinly happy that the game was difficult for you. I've seen many people make it through smoothly with few problems. If it were easy for everyone, something would be wrong.

You made very few critiques that I agree with and you presented them in a condescending "the game is doomed because of this" manner. You spoke not a word of anything positive about the game, and persisted when I tried to politely move on.

We're not under contracts or working for anyone. We're two guys busting our asses. I have no qualms about calling bullshit when I see it.

Whoa, slow down there. Bloo was giving honest and constructive feedback, and quite frankly I agree with a lot of it. As the PR person, resorting to ad hominem attacks simply because you don't agree with what somebody has to say about your game really reflects poorly on the project as a whole. I think you owe this man an apology.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #352 on: December 31, 2016, 10:38:08 PM »
I think it would be best if I not interact with you guys on here.

Hope you all enjoy the game when it comes out!

I've got work to do so I'm afraid this will be my last post for a long time.

Happy 2017 everyone!
The worst monsters are human.

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #353 on: December 31, 2016, 11:06:04 PM »
I think it would be best if I not interact with you guys on here.

Hope you all enjoy the game when it comes out!

I've got work to do so I'm afraid this will be my last post for a long time.

Happy 2017 everyone!

I think you've been doing a great job interacting with the community and showing us what's going on with the development of the game. It would be a shame if this is the last we hear from you for a while due to this misunderstanding. I hope you change your mind about this but I respect whatever decision you decide to make. Happy new years, and continue with the good work you've put into this project so far!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 11:10:13 PM by ProjectDread »

Offline Ralph

• Professional Lurker
  • Master Hunter
  • Hai.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Ralphy's Nonsense
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #354 on: January 01, 2017, 12:43:45 AM »
I would implore everyone to calm down and try to keep the thread on track. There is absolutely no need for anybody to get worked over a few comments, and I suggest we move forward and try our best to keep this thread neutral.
A wild Ralph appears.
Wild Ralph uses Teleport.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #355 on: January 01, 2017, 01:31:06 AM »
Hmm... I was going to offer my own bit of critique after trying out the game demo this morning, and believe me I feel it was very good! But now that this has all happened I guess I'll just have to wait   :-\
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #356 on: January 01, 2017, 10:31:29 AM »
hay well been trying to get a windows 98 thing running to play Haunted castle 3 but tried again on windows 8 even tho Mig said it wouldn't run i turned on my number pad and was able to start been playing it had a lot of fun so far got to the ferry man and kinda lost lol so i got the faqs Eryson has in french anyway went to google translate and pasted all the english in a txt file here it is if you want it in English haven't read it all so might have some messed up words who knows it being translated to English know Aceearly1993 wanted this so wanted to post it

http://m.uploadedit.com/ba3s/1483294617627.txt

anyway i haven't had any problem but for the fact when i got to the town with the chain whip i found out easy it is to cheat to get exp and gold couldn't help it and went to town on that bone piller lol but other than that everything works good just hope it don't brake later in the game i know Mig said it was out dated on his website and don't work on new systems hope someone was just having a problem and i won't :-\

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #357 on: January 01, 2017, 10:59:31 AM »
I just completed the demo, and enjoyed it! Here are some of my thoughts:

Criticisms and Bugs:
- The game is programmed to be " Full Screen / Change Resolution Mode" which is probably one of the most frustrating types of resolution settings there is. The game looks like the resolution is approximately 640x480, so I'd highly suggest disabling the "Change Resolution Mode" in CF2.5 and just upscale the game to whatever resolution the player is using. Please add a setting to adjust screen resolution settings.
- Holding Left + Right at the same time makes Lecarde run in place.
- Holding Up + Down on a rope makes Lecarde climb in place.
- When crouch attacking, it looks like Lecarde twitches 1 pixel during his animation. Not a big deal, but looks like a Hotspot issue to me. Should be easy to resolve.
- No sound effect plays when the player jumps and lands on the ground.
- There's a bit of a delay or loading time when you enter the map and start screens. Depending on how the game is programmed I'm not sure if it's something that can be changed.
- I think there should be more of a margin of error when it comes to grabbing onto the floating rings. They seem to require super precise jumps which are difficult to land.
- Suggestion: Make it so Lecarde can switch to and from standing /crouching while attacking.

Things I liked:
+ Really loving the music! Fits the game nicely!
+ Atmosphere is surprisingly good for what's here. Some parts totally gave me a bit of a Momodora feel, which is awesome.
+ The controls are responsive and easy to handle.
+ The gameplay is solid.
+ Boss battles are engaging and some of the fights feel pretty original.
+ The art fits the theme of the game well and is a huge upgrade from Lecarde Chronicles 1.
+ Day and Night cycle is a nice addition and isn't frustrating like Simon's Quest.
+ Different music based on time is a welcome addition as well.

Just re-posting in the event that the devs were looking for more feedback. I think it got lost in one of the older pages.

Offline mig3

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #358 on: January 01, 2017, 05:00:29 PM »
+1
Hi everybody! I want to wish you a Happy new year 2017 :)

I don't know what is the reason for the current interest about Haunted Castle 3; i have received lots of messages about this game :)

Someone said that it works on Windows 8. I'm right now involved in the LC2 development and i really cannot take care of HC 3's update for now. I'm sorry but maybe i will set up that later :(

Concerning the LC2 development, it's going to be difficult for me to make a list of the proposals.
It would be very great if someone could send me a PM gathering all of the proposals/ criticisms. I will examinate them and make then an answer.
 I won't make another demo, i really have not time for that , the changes will appear directly in the final game.

What i can say for now is:
-"Moonwalk" on ground or ropes is corrected. I always use a controller; only the keyboard users can push simultaneously the direction keys ;) I did not noticed the bug ;)
-Candles collision's area extended
-The little jerk during a crouching attack is removed
-In the demo the X position of ring's catching was at maximum without messing the scrolling. I can try to extend the Y position catching. In other words: you will catch the ring even if you are too high or too low when you are in front of it.
-Someone said that the underwater speed was too high. In the demo/game your underwater speed is 85% of the normal speed. I did that in order to create the feeling you are underwater but without annoying too much the player. If i slow down the move even more it may become really annoying for most of the players.
-Jumping diagonals attacks: i can try something but i cannot engage myself it will be done.
-I have reduced a little bit the loading time when you exit the subscreen/map. It was a programming trouble. In most of the computers the loading time in the whole game is about 1 sec. I think it's not that bad :)   If the loading are much more long i cannot change that because that depend of your computer :(
-I forgot to say but in the demo if you push the 3"# key of the keyboard you will change the video mode, it's also works while windowed. There are many video mode. If the thing works greatly i will make a nice setting in the menu.
-I can also avoid that the video mode changes while in windowed when there is a loading.

Thanks very much Mr theplottwist for your efficient work on text corrections :)

By the way the texts are not finished yet but most of them are set up ( about 95% )
I' m going to send them to the translators in very few days.
If you are a translator please tell me if you are still ok or no. I know that a lot of time has passed since you offered your services and perhaps you cannot do that now .

By the way i see in the videos that most of the players are in hurry when they attack the Tree's face
(click to show/hide)

Thanks everybody :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 05:08:34 PM by mig3 »

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #359 on: January 01, 2017, 06:35:59 PM »
Hi everybody! I want to wish you a Happy new year 2017 :)

I don't know what is the reason for the current interest about Haunted Castle 3; i have received lots of messages about this game :)

Someone said that it works on Windows 8. I'm right now involved in the LC2 development and i really cannot take care of HC 3's update for now. I'm sorry but maybe i will set up that later :(

Concerning the LC2 development, it's going to be difficult for me to make a list of the proposals.
It would be very great if someone could send me a PM gathering all of the proposals/ criticisms. I will examinate them and make then an answer.
 I won't make another demo, i really have not time for that , the changes will appear directly in the final game.

What i can say for now is:
-"Moonwalk" on ground or ropes is corrected. I always use a controller; only the keyboard users can push simultaneously the direction keys ;) I did not noticed the bug ;)
-Candles collision's area extended
-The little jerk during a crouching attack is removed
-In the demo the X position of ring's catching was at maximum without messing the scrolling. I can try to extend the Y position catching. In other words: you will catch the ring even if you are too high or too low when you are in front of it.
-Someone said that the underwater speed was too high. In the demo/game your underwater speed is 85% of the normal speed. I did that in order to create the feeling you are underwater but without annoying too much the player. If i slow down the move even more it may become really annoying for most of the players.
-Jumping diagonals attacks: i can try something but i cannot engage myself it will be done.
-I have reduced a little bit the loading time when you exit the subscreen/map. It was a programming trouble. In most of the computers the loading time in the whole game is about 1 sec. I think it's not that bad :)   If the loading are much more long i cannot change that because that depend of your computer :(
-I forgot to say but in the demo if you push the 3"# key of the keyboard you will change the video mode, it's also works while windowed. There are many video mode. If the thing works greatly i will make a nice setting in the menu.
-I can also avoid that the video mode changes while in windowed when there is a loading.

Thanks very much Mr theplottwist for your efficient work on text corrections :)

By the way the texts are not finished yet but most of them are set up ( about 95% )
I' m going to send them to the translators in very few days.
If you are a translator please tell me if you are still ok or no. I know that a lot of time has passed since you offered your services and perhaps you cannot do that now .

By the way i see in the videos that most of the players are in hurry when they attack the Tree's face
(click to show/hide)

Thanks everybody :)

hay Mig yeah I'm really enjoying your game Haunted Castle 3 and it does work on windows 8  ;D
cause that's what i am running i played it long ago in the 90's but never got past the 1st town back then but really like it and seen your new games and the art reminded me of that game then went to your website and seen you made both games but was sad it said it didn't work and was no download on your page looked around found it then loaded it and couldn't get it to start so that's what i was thinking you was talking about but after a lot of pain putting xp and 98 VM on my pc i just happen to load it back on my windows 8 and turned on number pad then i could start it

i just got the stone breaker and haven't had no problems but one where the game slows down and every sound and music keeps looping but easy fix just made it to the save and got out the game and started back also got stuck in the stage because took so long for the platforms to appear that was a cool thing you did to trick players because i left the 1st two times anyway when i beat it i'll let you know if i had anymore bugs so you know if its fully playable on windows 8 know you putting all your time in the new LC2 and i loved the demo i love all your game they are bad ass

i can't wait till the full games out :o
can't wait to hear and hopefully after i beat the game play as Alucard ;D
keep up the great work i'm sure you got lots of people  to beta test it all ready but if you need another one i'm free i'm stuck at the house with nothing to do with this hole in my foot until it gets better so i could probably beta it fast lol just saying :P
anyway keep up the great work Mig i look forward to LC2 and any other games you make after this!