Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017  (Read 286198 times)

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: CASTLEVANIA THE LECARDE CHRONICLES II April 2017
« Reply #420 on: April 02, 2017, 08:52:06 PM »

Good news to Xbox controller users as the issues experienced with those specific controllers in the demo have been resolved. There should be no problems with using the D pad.

This part alone is a HUGE relief off of my mind. :-*

As much as I liked Lecard Chronicles 1 the only thing I hated was playing it with my analog stick, using the D pad is always the ways to go with 2.D CV games period.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #421 on: April 03, 2017, 02:30:10 AM »
Just want to tell you that because of your dedication I will get that feeling again. The feeling of playing a New original Metroidvania!!!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 04:30:57 AM by Zuljaras »
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #422 on: April 03, 2017, 09:35:50 AM »
As much as I liked Lecard Chronicles 1 the only thing I hated was playing it with my analog stick, using the D pad is always the ways to go with 2.D CV games period.

Second that  :)

It would be nice to revisit LC1 if for nothing else except to fix the control scheme.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 08:18:04 PM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #423 on: April 03, 2017, 10:56:30 AM »
Btw I have this cheap controller Speedlink Strike 2 for 11$ and it is with the same layout as PS2,3 controllers. I can play LC1 with both the dpad and the analog stick. I guess the issue is only with Xbox and PS controllers?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 10:24:48 PM by Zuljaras »
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #424 on: April 03, 2017, 01:17:08 PM »
I use a PS3 controller and LC1 plays with only the D-Pad.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #425 on: April 03, 2017, 06:52:50 PM »
Alucard will be playable as a boss rush mode character.

His role in the full game is as a non-playable character.

this statement broke my heart  :'(
a boss rush mode is ok i guess but would had been great to play the full game with Alucard even if you didn't give him a story or voice acting sorry i can't help but be very disappointed maybe because i'm such a big Alucard fan but i was looking more forward to him having his own part you could play in the game more that the main game lol
oh well never get to relive them glory days of SOTN just let that dream die but still cool to have a Castlevania game to look forward to and aa few lines from the Voice of Alucard
thanks for the hard work   

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #426 on: April 03, 2017, 08:10:46 PM »
To be honest, I understand why Alucard was made a boss rush-only character. Efrain already plays more like Alucard here, so having Alucard as well in the main game would feel redundant and amount to not much more than a spriteswap with some voice changes. Alternate characters in other Castlevania games have at least offered something different gameplay-wise, so Alucard wouldn't be sufficient as-is.

EDIT: Just realized Alucard would probably have some exclusive abilities, but that's about the extent of that, no radical diferrences.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 01:56:02 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #427 on: April 04, 2017, 02:22:50 AM »
Since I translated the script, I know why Alucard can't be a playable character.
If Alucard were to be made playable, mig will have to redo the script and some parts of the game.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #428 on: April 04, 2017, 03:38:52 AM »
Since I translated the script, I know why Alucard can't be a playable character.
If Alucard were to be made playable, mig will have to redo the script and some parts of the game.

Shhhhhhh we ain't supposed to say that :o !

Just kidding, but yeah, had Alucard been added to the main plot, some considerable (and possibly game-breaking) changes would have to be made.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #429 on: April 04, 2017, 06:25:46 AM »

Well always the alter character dosnt need story or sense

https://youtu.be/Ov20XaGpAQ4?t=7m48s

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #430 on: April 04, 2017, 11:21:36 AM »
Well always the alter character dosnt need story or sense

https://youtu.be/Ov20XaGpAQ4?t=7m48s

Yea, Alucard could have had a non canon appearance as a playable character in the maingame, previous CV games have done this as well, it does not have to coincide with the actual story or events whatsoever.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #431 on: April 04, 2017, 02:27:37 PM »
Im OK with that. the game seems to be good as it was planned to be.
And....what Shiroi said Makes me think that the story is very good, and I'm very curious to discover it, so, altering any thing right now could be bad.  ;)

Offline mgfcortez

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #432 on: April 04, 2017, 09:08:17 PM »
Shhhhhhh we ain't supposed to say that :o !

Just kidding, but yeah, had Alucard been added to the main plot, some considerable (and possibly game-breaking) changes would have to be made.

well could easily be fixed with a line of text saying in a other timeline this happen :P
but oh well like i said just let my dream go down in flames and die :( lol
what can you do still looking forward to the game but really don't understand why the boss rush mode will come out later not to bad mouth but that's not a big deal is it? you just fight the bosses or just holding it back for something to have later? anyway don't take my comment as making light of you all's hard work i have no skill in programing and just don't really understand how this is a real big deal but still thankful for everything even the boss rush made even if i myself don't really care about it
the main game will be what i want and playing as Alucard just fighting the bosses isn't worth much to me but sure others feel it's very cool anyway thanks for your hard work and looking forward to playing the main game even without Alcard but i do say this now if the story kills Alucard i'll hate you forever LOL not you care but i will hate you :P

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #433 on: April 04, 2017, 09:52:10 PM »
well could easily be fixed with a line of text saying in a other timeline this happen :P
but oh well like i said just let my dream go down in flames and die :( lol
what can you do still looking forward to the game but really don't understand why the boss rush mode will come out later not to bad mouth but that's not a big deal is it? you just fight the bosses or just holding it back for something to have later? anyway don't take my comment as making light of you all's hard work i have no skill in programing and just don't really understand how this is a real big deal but still thankful for everything even the boss rush made even if i myself don't really care about it
the main game will be what i want and playing as Alucard just fighting the bosses isn't worth much to me but sure others feel it's very cool anyway thanks for your hard work and looking forward to playing the main game even without Alcard but i do say this now if the story kills Alucard i'll hate you forever LOL not you care but i will hate you :P

I can only imagine that because this is a Metroidvania now, the game has to be coded around the fact your player progress has to be considered for the boss rush mode. That's probably a bit of a task if those involved never tried that before.

That's my guess, but I would imagine I am dead wrong.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #434 on: April 05, 2017, 01:41:28 PM »
Allow me to address you guys directly on the Alucard main game issue.

Mig and I discussed this at length well over a year ago. I agree with you guys and I would like to see Alucard playable as a bonus in the main game as well.

As some of you may have noticed, Mig is able to create games alone very efficiently and quickly. This is because he is very disciplined. He makes goals, sets time frames, and sticks to them. It's one of the main reasons I love working with him.

His vision for the main game of LC2 is very specific to Efrain. Swapping him out for Alucard presents numerous problems and complications.

For example:

*The game text would have to be changed

*The levels may have to be redesigned because we weren't sure how we feel about Alucard using ropes and rings to lug around when he can turn into a bat. But giving him that power would break the game.

*Valuable time would have to be spent balancing the 2 characters.

It became impossible to promise a main game run for Alucard and stick to our schedule and plan. We originally only planned him as a NPC. We decided to add boss rush because we knew fans would want to play as him and it could be more easily balanced.

We wanted to add Alucard to expand on his relationship with Lecardes. It was originally meant to be a small cameo, and then we started getting voice actors. We wanted to add more content for him after we started working with the wonderful Mr. Belgrade.

We are well poised to do more with him because he created all new Alucard battle sounds for the boss rush mode.

So I am wanting to see the main game happen or something like it just as much as you guys but we will have to see if it's something Mig is willing to reconsider.

He's done an incredible amount of work and he deserves a break. But he might consider something like this down the road as DLC. It's up to him and we're also both eager to work on our next project.

But we hope you guys enjoy the game as we originally have intended for it to be released! While Alucard is a part of it, this is Efrains journey.

We hear you guys. But we hope you will enjoy the game as it is when it's released!

We'll see what Mig decides in the future.

Thanks everyone!

« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 02:34:37 PM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.