Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Haunted Castle on Switch  (Read 3032 times)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« on: March 31, 2021, 12:03:11 PM »
Looks like Haunted Castle will be on the Switch soon, thanks to Hamster.  It’ll kind of be nice to play two arcade Castlevanias on the Switch now, if you include Vs. Castlevania.  Now I just wish someone would port Vampire Killer.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/03/the_absolute_worst_castlevania_is_coming_to_arcade_archives_on_switch

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2021, 01:59:09 PM »
The people at Hamster really like Haunted Castle, don't they?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2021, 06:48:43 PM »
I don't see why this couldn't have been bundled with the CV collection. They did it with both Contra arcade titles.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2021, 07:25:43 PM »
But I already play Haunted Castle on the Switch.... isn't it available with the Konami Arcade Classics?
I've enjoyed it along with Gradius (Nemesis) and Salamander for a while now...
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 09:07:34 PM »
I don't see why this couldn't have been bundled with the CV collection. They did it with both Contra arcade titles.

Probably down to M2 doing the Castlevania Anniversary Collection, Hamster doing the Arcade Archives and Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection versions. And while Hamster handled the latter two, the standalone version is the better of the two as it has the option for infinite continues, which Haunted Castle never had in the arcades. It makes the game a whole lot less garbage.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 09:54:47 AM »
Probably down to M2 doing the Castlevania Anniversary Collection

This was the collection what I was referring to, thanks (kinda forgot what it was called). Haunted Castle could have ended up with the Anniversary collection along with the options you've just mentioned. They did that with the Contra arcade titles, and boy! Super Contra is much easier to blast through as that one was one tough cookie.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline LuxKiller65

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2021, 06:33:14 AM »
I read a long time ago that some of Hamster's crappy emulation-releases on the PS2 were removed from shelves because of copyright infringements or lack of proper license-granting from the emulator devs or other tools they used. Can't find a link now.

I guess after 20 years they managed to include a txt file acknowledging the free tools they used so they can try again.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2021, 06:04:31 PM »
Yeah but are they finally going to update the game so the continues actually work like uhhhhh... continues?

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2021, 09:41:05 PM »
Yeah but are they finally going to update the game so the continues actually work like uhhhhh... continues?

And while Hamster handled the latter two, the standalone version is the better of the two as it has the option for infinite continues, which Haunted Castle never had in the arcades. It makes the game a whole lot less garbage.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2021, 08:22:26 PM »
Was this game taken down from the eShop for some catastrophic reason? Was it ever up at all? It doesn't show up in the search. Nintendo's official listing for it shows the release date was April 1 but doesn't even show a download button.

Tags:

anything