Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: What makes the perfect guitar?  (Read 3278 times)

Offline DraimanBelieve

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
What makes the perfect guitar?
« on: July 05, 2008, 06:42:26 AM »
     I guess this goes for mostly musicians or guitar players since it could be over some people's heads on this question.  I was just thinking about something.  I want to buy a guitar I have never owned one that I could call my own.  I have always borrowed guitars from people and played on them to try and learn but it gets difficult when you give it back to them and you can't play for 6 months at a time.  Well I considered on buying an Esteban Guitar those ones they sell off HSN for $200 in starter packs.  After looking at reviews for guitars all over the net and like every guitar I come across that isn't $1000 being called "utter shit" I was wondering "what makes a perfect guitar."

I mean I can sit and debate with anyone what guitar to buy and everyone has their own opinion and their own view on the subject.  For example I am all about the Dean Dimebag Darrell signature model Razorbacks and MLs and a guy I know is all into Epiphone Zakk Wylde signature models.  Then someone else I know is all into Esteban Acoustics and Peavey's.  Then someone else is all into Martin's and Taylor's and Gibson's.  Its a neverending argument that I can't seem to figure out.  Almost as much as saying whether Dimebag Darrell is the greatest guitar player ever (in my opinion he is in some other people's opinion he totally sucked when he was alive).  When Dimebag was alive and kicking it with "Cowboys From Hell", "Walk" and "Cemetery Gates" he talked about in a home video he made filming himself about "what makes you cringe, what is perfect?"  about guitar playing. 

This is off Dimevision Volume 1 DVD http://youtube.com/watch?v=KWZdrq-RoMs.  That DVD wasn't about Pantera or Damageplan as it was about who Dimebag Darrell really was and how he was much more than the pot smoking beer drinking jackass people would initially think he was.  It just makes ya wonder?  However, to all you aspiring guitarists or people who have played for 10+ years what makes a guitar good?  Is it the action, the strings, the wood that its made out of the way the neck is shaped?  I just don't get it.  Sorry for those who don't know what I am talking about I am just doing some deep thinking about what makes a guitar perfect cause it no matter if its a crappy "First Act" you would buy at a Walmart or a $1000 Dimebag Razorback somebody always has an opinion about how it sucks?

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 11:35:08 PM »
The Color Black.
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 02:40:52 AM »
What kind of music do you want to play?  That makes all the difference in the world.  I adore my Ibanez nylon-string acoustic, but that's because I like Classical guitar music.  I wouldn't recommend my guitar to somebody who wants to play like Jimi Hendrix.

Offline DraimanBelieve

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: What makes the perfect guitar?
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 02:24:06 AM »

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 11:31:43 AM »
Your own opinion is what makes a guitar perfect. Most people love Les Pauls, but I think most of them sound too rubbery and they feel poorly put together.

You don't have to spend $1000 to get a good guitar, you can get a good playable one for $350-400 if you look in the right places. Companies like Fender aren't really the right place ot look. They have good high end stuff, but not much in the middle-lower end range that's worth playing in my experience.

It all comes down to what feels and sounds best to you. If you sit down and play a guitar, and it plays and sounds the way YOU would have a guitar play and sound if you were to make one, then for you, it IS The perfect guitar.

For me, the perfect guitar is my '79 Guild X-500 hollowbody.  ;D

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 03:39:12 PM »
What makes a good guitar?  Just ask John Petrucci!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKMYeXkYcgs&feature=related
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Tags: