Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "Castletoria" - In Development!  (Read 138810 times)

Offline Zuljaras

• Castletoria (Game Project)
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: "Castle of Nightmares" - In Development!
« Reply #225 on: May 01, 2015, 12:44:07 PM »
You could have the option to implement both if you wanted. I think for those who want to use a keyboard then having the mouse for menu navigation would be the best course. But for those of use who want to use controllers then the mouse is not needed for that. I guess what I'm trying to say is this:

Keyboard config - keyboard + mouse

Controller config - Controller.

That's about it really.

Well there will not be a controller config. I will not go there because I don't want to deal with more complications. If a player want to use a controller I will include a joy2key inside the game folder or I will suggest a link to download it.

I used it and I mapped the keys of the keyboard to the controller and everything worked just fine.

There are 12 buttons that are used in the game. 4-arrows, Z,X,A,S,Q,W and Enter + Esc.
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #226 on: August 17, 2015, 05:13:24 AM »
It has been a long time people. Many asked me if the project is dead but it is not.

I just can't find the time to develop it ... and I want to!

Yesterday I sat down and thought how to implement one very interesting thing and one of my all time favorites in most Castlevania games. NEW GAME +.

I want to make that when you finish the game you will unlock new button in the starting menu called The Adventure or something like that. You start will all NON-progressive items and spells, at lvl 1 and all bosses and story points are reset.

That way I want to give some replayability to the game.

With this I might introduce complete sets of items.

There are 3 main slots of items Weapon, Armor and Accessory. If you equip 3 items that belong in a set you will unlock a cool effect for a spell or gain some nice passive ability and so on and so on.

What do you guys think about that?
Check out my game Castletoria in our forum ->> http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=5631.0

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #227 on: August 17, 2015, 10:07:41 AM »
I don't think that's been done before. I'd say go for it and see how it turns out  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #228 on: August 22, 2015, 04:08:39 AM »
That's a neat idea! :)

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: August 22, 2015, 05:30:33 AM »
That's a pretty neat idea, I say go with it. It would be neat if enemies and bosses had new attacks and/or movement patterns too.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: September 03, 2015, 12:30:19 AM »
The teleportation menu is ready. I just need to center it.

The first set that I will create will be the Paladin's Armor. 3 holy pieces Hammer, Plate Armor and Seal Ring. The 3 combined will make so every time Erhard attack there is around 30% chance that a holy hammer may fall before him crushing the enemies with light damage.

I am doing one more thing but it is in testing right now. Certain pieces like the Paladin Plate Armor will appear on Erhard but I have to see how I will implement that. I have the basic idea but it is a lot of work with precision and sprites :)

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: September 24, 2015, 12:15:42 AM »
Better little news than no news at all :)

This is how Erhard will look if he is wearing the Paladin Armor. However if he has completed the whole set there will be a cosmetic effect that will be active only when he is wearing all 3 items at the same time.

Also one more thing I think I should confess :/   Until now I have used an unlicensed version of Game Maker: Studio. Yeah I know it is bad but I did not have the money to afford the professional version. Yesterday I bought the professional version of Game Maker: Studio along with Android export. I don't know if I will try the Android export any time soon but it is good to know that I have that possibility in the future :)

So there from now on my game will not be made on pirated software :)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: September 24, 2015, 09:54:21 AM »
Interesting armor concept having Paladin armor over a long black overcoat  :)
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: July 14, 2016, 12:53:43 AM »
+1
I has been a long time :)

My project is not dead. It is just really really slow. I have so many ideas but so little time to make them.

The whole special armor to be displayed and animated on the character is so huge in terms of work. I did not calculate it right but I will not cut it because it is awesome! :D

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #234 on: July 14, 2016, 02:36:17 AM »
Cool to see you're still doing it! :)

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: July 26, 2016, 01:28:02 AM »
+1
Just a couple more frames to add to the Paladin Armor and I will test it fully. If it looks ok I will continue and then I have to finish the Castle Park area and its boss.

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: February 03, 2017, 11:53:53 AM »
Hello again everyone!!!

I have converted the game in 60FPS. Now It will run smooth and I have made so much optimization on the code!!!

Here you can download the new demo with the changes!!! It is just for running around and killing this and that!

Here is the new version - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzRohquxGIULbl9DVmttT0FoMVE

Just tell me if it runs smooth on your side!!!

I have tested it on once ancient PC with 2 GB of ram, one tablet with win 8.1 and 2GB ram with atom processor, 1 low end laptop with windows 7, one mid laptop with win 7, and one high end laptop.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2017, 06:31:44 PM »
Hey! Welcome back  :D

Just gave your newest demo a spin. 60FPS? Now that's smooth. The only thing I'd like to point out is:

The character's animation movement. It doesn't completely cycle through and it makes him look awkward when running. But that's nothing a few more sprites of animation wouldn't fix.

Other then that, it's good  ;)

Offline Zuljaras

• Vampire Hunter
  • Castle Builder!!!
    • Awards
« Reply #238 on: February 07, 2017, 11:16:22 AM »
People I need help!

I am willing to change the resolution of my game but I have big issues.

My current resolution is 400x300. I want to change that so the game will be scaled better on different monitors and devices.

However I do not know what to choose for my resolution that is close to mine but not lower.

I have determined that one of the best options is 512x360. The game will have a bigger window and it will scale better with bigger displays. Here is the resolutions that the game will cover with this setting:

512x360
1024x720
1536x1080

It will have the black borders but they will be smaller than the ones right now.
I do not know if I should continue like that or I should change it.

Other options is 640x360 which is:
640x360
1280x720
1920x1080
The problem here is that monitors under 1280 res will be stuck in 640x360.

I do not think I can add multi resolution other than multiplying the starting resolution.
For pixel art games this is probably the worst decision that I can make.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #239 on: February 08, 2017, 12:19:21 AM »
I think the standard now is 16:9 aspect ratio resolutions, so your second sizes are viable and future proof, maybe, unless a new aspect ratio comes along....

But choose what you feel is best.