Castlevania Dungeon Forums

The Castlevania Dungeon Forums => Hardcore Gaming 101 => Topic started by: Lumi Kløvstad on May 07, 2012, 02:07:00 PM

Title: P.N.03
Post by: Lumi Kløvstad on May 07, 2012, 02:07:00 PM
I hate to seem the incredibly sexist douche, but P.N.03 is a game that is so sexy and so booty-ful it's probably illegal in 9 states. And that's why it needs an HD rerelease. RIGHT. NOW.

Honestly. Take a look. It's like if Bayonetta had Deus Ex's kid after a one night stand.

P.N. 03 - Nintendo Gamecube - Stage 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD6BPASOcNA#ws)

Story of the game's development:
Rule of Cool and Rule of Sexy met in a bar. After a few drinks, Rule of Sexy was completely smashed and pretty much threw herself on Rule of Cool. 9 months after that, this game was released.

True story.
Title: Re: P.N.03
Post by: shelverton. on May 07, 2012, 02:36:38 PM
I've been meaning to pick up this game for YEARS, but it never happened. And now it's pretty rare in my part of the world. :(
Title: Re: P.N.03
Post by: Abnormal Freak on May 07, 2012, 02:42:19 PM
Borrowed this game once and thought it was sheet but at the time I wasn't really into video games anymore.

Years later, I got back into games and decided I wanted to give it a go. Bought it used, nasty-ass condition.

Has been sitting on my shelf for years since, untouched. I should get to it one day. Looks cool.
Title: Re: P.N.03
Post by: Kingshango on May 07, 2012, 02:43:53 PM
I need to find this game for......gameplay purposes.
Title: Re: P.N.03
Post by: beingthehero on May 07, 2012, 05:00:13 PM
I remember seeing this game from time to time in stores and always meaning to play it.

I finally did, and it was pretty underwhelming. Graphically the game looked good, and it still looks nice today. But it was boring to play after 15 minutes, and the controls are very stilted.

The game's world is still a nice concept, though.
Title: Re: P.N.03
Post by: Abnormal Freak on May 07, 2012, 05:12:16 PM
I remember bad controls and repetition being the reasons I thought it sucked.
Title: Re: P.N.03
Post by: shelverton. on May 07, 2012, 05:23:38 PM

Game looks stylish but in a somewhat dated kind of way. Maybe it's because it has this futuristic thing going on. And futurism ages very quickly. Are all of the environments that sterile? Also, the music harkens back to late 90's drum'n'bass/breakbeat/whatever-it's-called. Which sounded extremely modern for a while, and then it kinda... didn't anymore. But yeah, the game is almost 10 years old so I'll shut up now.

And make no mistake - I still want the game!
Title: Re: P.N.03
Post by: Neobelmont on May 07, 2012, 05:25:17 PM
The only thing I remember about this game is that the main character was considered hotter than Lyn from fire emblem and that pissed me off way back then I think I was 11 or something. I think it was a nintendo power magazine or something I remember voting for Lyn she got in second place. Besides hot chicks with blue hair when it came to green haired chicks Lyn was always the top for me  ;D. Yes this is how I remember this game with fire emblem.
Title: Re: P.N.03
Post by: Abnormal Freak on May 07, 2012, 05:38:20 PM
Are all of the environments that sterile?

Pretty much. Another detracting factor, I thought.

But, whenever I do pick up my copy, maybe I'll get into it this time.
Title: Re: P.N.03
Post by: knightmere on May 07, 2012, 07:19:03 PM
No offense but this game looks like shit. Just because she shakes her ass doesn't make it suck any less.
Title: Re: P.N.03
Post by: Lumi Kløvstad on May 07, 2012, 09:05:46 PM
mere, a jiggling ass that looks that good is a perfectly good reason to acquire an interest in a game. Or do you think Lara Croft got this far based on her astoundingly well developed... um... plot?
Title: Re: P.N.03
Post by: Archangel on May 08, 2012, 09:37:12 AM
Waaaaaaat. Get out of my head!

Just remembered about this game yesterday....and now this thread! Seriously, I must finally get this game... it looks so much fun. Last time I wanted to buy it, the bad reviews turned me off.... but not this time!
Title: Re: P.N.03
Post by: X on May 09, 2012, 10:12:25 AM
Quote
I hate to seem the incredibly sexist douche, but P.N.03 is a game that is so sexy and so booty-ful it's probably illegal in 9 states. And that's why it needs an HD rerelease. RIGHT. NOW.

I don't think your being sexist about this game. I think it's what the game designers had in mind since it's conception. The fact that the way she moves and how she shakes her hips around is a dead giveaway. In-game wise I have to wonder if she gets some kind of sexual rush from using her powers. I do like how she beams into the stage as if she just came from the year 2029 (Terminator style). I've never ever heard about this game until today, and while the graphics look good, the game itself feels almost empty, void of the gimmicks that could make it stand out better. I also like how there are crystals you need to destroy like in Contra.
Title: Re: P.N.03
Post by: Neobelmont on May 09, 2012, 05:33:10 PM
mere, a jiggling ass that looks that good is a perfectly good reason to acquire an interest in a game. Or do you think Lara Croft got this far based on her astoundingly well developed... um... plot?

No offense but this game looks like shit. Just because she shakes her ass doesn't make it suck any less.

This whole game in a song

Ms New Booty Lyrics (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1QUv4ERvEw#)
Title: Re: P.N.03
Post by: Gunlord on May 09, 2012, 07:06:37 PM
That butt...*_*
Title: Re: P.N.03
Post by: X on May 09, 2012, 11:21:38 PM
Quote
That butt...*_*

Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back (I Like Big Butts) [ORIGINAL] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reTx5sqvVJ4#)
Title: Re: P.N.03
Post by: Munchy on May 10, 2012, 01:38:57 PM
Okay, so seriously guys. Outside of great ass does this game play well?

The only things I've read about PN03 is that it's something you need to get used to and then it "clicks".
Title: Re: P.N.03
Post by: X on May 10, 2012, 05:39:47 PM
I've never played the game so I cannot say anything concrete about the control scheme. However judging by the video, her jumps do look like they require some getting used to.
Title: Re: P.N.03
Post by: Ratty on May 19, 2012, 05:04:13 PM
Got this with the gamecube bundle I bought to play CotM/HoD/AoS on my TV. Put it in for 20 or so minutes and it was a race between my boredom at the the sterile level design and frustration with the controls to see which would make me turn it off, boredom won. It's like the designers were so sure everyone would be staring at her ass the whole time they didn't think they needed to make the world actually interesting. But then I think Eternal Darkness is incredibly repetitive and overrated so eh.
Title: Re: P.N.03
Post by: Diony69 on June 07, 2012, 07:37:04 PM
Wow, where have you been all my life, OP? I thought I was the only one in the universe who loves this game, and would give my right nut for a HD remake or a sequel. It's hypnotic, almost like Tetris.


Check out me playing in the Papillon suit:

P.N.03 Papillon Run: Stage 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piFt_2hEVa0#ws)

I also made a P.N.03 gallery here:

http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb369/diony69/PN03/ (http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb369/diony69/PN03/)

And a nice image:

(http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Sx1KtnYLNsk/T6wAjb8iBnI/AAAAAAAAFtE/2Iy2JGqxNRg/s1600/DAZZLING.png)

Yeah, like I said, I love this game.     ;D