Castlevania Dungeon Forums
The Castlevania Dungeon Forums => Hardcore Gaming 101 => Topic started by: son_the_vampire on March 22, 2013, 11:10:24 AM
-
Its simple... just name the game and what sound effects u cant get enough of. I'll start:
Golden Axe.... every axe chop and sword strike i loved whole-heartedly. Everytime some bad guy dies... its like AAAAAAUUGGGGUAAAAHHH... every. single. time! even the girl baddies have the exact same voice...
-
Golden Axe, but not the Arcade version, since in Genesis we laughed everytime that someone died because of the voices hahaha.
Also Chip n' Dale.
-
I'd have to say things like the original NES Contra and super Mario Bros. These to games were a huge introduction to the NES for me and I couldn't get those classic sound effects out of my head. Even today they still stand.
-
Link's sword at full health.
-
Every sound effect in the first Mega Man.
-
There are too many to mention but;
When Mega Man has beaten a robot master and he shoots out through the ceiling. Brrrriiioooiioooinggg! *Terrible attempt at recreating that awesome sound*
Also, in the very first Batman game for the NES, I love the sound of the batarang slicing through an enemy.
Oh, and the sound of dialogue in many Climax RPGs, such as Shining Force and Landstalker. I love how these games actually tries to - in a somwhat primitive way - mimic different voices!
-
its great u mention the different voices... every little squeak and brrp in Shining force did seem a bit ahead of its time, if they rebooted this id say keep those noises for fanfare :P
-
Loves me the sound of a Mega Man teleporting away. And the energy bar filling up. And the sound of gathering the essence of a robot master.
One of my biggest favorites is the sound that you get when you push start at the start screen of Gun.Smoke. And the magnum sound effect.
NES Perfect Run - Gun.Smoke (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtxjwte8A7Y#ws)
The "press start" effect can be heard at the very beginning. The magnum you can hear at the end, during the final boss fight.
-
For anyone who thinks we're crazy referring to bleeps and bloops as voices:
lets play shining the holy ark: part 45 - the end (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTKHZWXYA4Q#)
I only have the Japanese version now, but I beat the US version once. The ninja girl made me cry, that's all I remember. I didn't want to say goodbye to my cute little ninja girl. :(
-
Please, can you be more specific and tell what part of this video you want to show? If its only the voices you could have referenced Chocobo Dungeon 2 too, it have a great variety. :P
-
Arcade - Captain America and The Avengers Intro (HD) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UVpU83cNcM#)
Not sure what classifies as "retro" (or even a sound effect), but as far as I'm concerned, Red Skull's laugh is always worth an honorable mention.
-
Dragon Quest - Victory Music Effect (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV04Gr6xv5o#)
the level up sound is really good as well
Dragon Quest VI OST - Improvement ~ Level Up Fanfare (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LyY7tUi86c#)
-
Its simple... just name the game and what sound effects u cant get enough of. I'll start:
Golden Axe.... every axe chop and sword strike i loved whole-heartedly. Everytime some bad guy dies... its like AAAAAAUUGGGGUAAAAHHH... every. single. time! even the girl baddies have the exact same voice...
Golden Axe had some great death screams. I thought it was pretty awesome when I later learned about the screams being outright taken from First Blood and Conan the Barbarian. I never would've known if I wasn't such a wikipedia nerd.
On that note, I thought it was pretty awesome hearing the Wilhelm scream in Red Dead Redemption. I know it's not a retro game, but I got a good laugh out of that.
Bad Dudes on the NES probably takes the cake for shitty digitized voice. It's hilarious. When sweatpants guy yells, "I'M BAD," it sounds like he's got aluminum foil wrapped around his face. Good times.
My favorite overall sound effects are probably from the arcade version of Double Dragon. The punches sounded heavy, the sound of deflecting a knife with a kick was great, and I liked the elevator at the end of mission 2. I guess I didn't realize until now how much they put into the sound in that game...they had a lot of good sound effects. The enemy death grunts sounded like a drunk guy puking, but they still were cool. I also get a laugh out of the sound of your player stretching out and taking a nap when you lose all your health.