Castlevania Dungeon Forums

The Castlevania Dungeon Forums => Hardcore Gaming 101 => Topic started by: Belmontoya on August 19, 2013, 05:31:23 AM

Title: Killzone Mercenary PS Vita
Post by: Belmontoya on August 19, 2013, 05:31:23 AM
The open beta for Killzone Mercenary comes out tomorrow! I've been waiting a long time for this game. I'm a huge fan of Killzone 3 and can't wait to try this new game.

Anyone who has a vita should get on this and send me a PSN friend request.
Title: Re: Killzone Mercenary PS Vita
Post by: Lelygax on August 19, 2013, 01:57:08 PM
Wow, someone with a Vita¹ :o
Please tell me, what good games have already been launched for it? Since almost no one have one IDK.
Title: Re: Killzone Mercenary PS Vita
Post by: Belmontoya on August 19, 2013, 02:47:37 PM
My favorites are Assassins Creed Liberation, Dead or Alive 5+, Unit 13, Virtua Tennis, and Gravity Rush and Gaucamole. Then I also have a bunch of PS games on it like CV chronicles, Metal gear and stuff. It's an awesome device.
Title: Re: Killzone Mercenary PS Vita
Post by: Lelygax on August 19, 2013, 03:21:53 PM
Cool PS games are always welcome, it plays PSP games too?
Title: Re: Killzone Mercenary PS Vita
Post by: Belmontoya on August 19, 2013, 04:26:32 PM
Not the physical discs. You can download them and a ton of other PS games and minis.
Title: Re: Killzone Mercenary PS Vita
Post by: KaZudra on August 19, 2013, 04:29:28 PM
I'm buying a Vita when Ys comes out for it, so until then I'm holding back...
Title: Re: Killzone Mercenary PS Vita
Post by: Lelygax on August 19, 2013, 04:59:10 PM
Hey KaZ, I know that you are a great Ys fan, so what game you recommend for me?
Title: Re: Killzone Mercenary PS Vita
Post by: X on August 19, 2013, 06:35:56 PM
Quote
I'm buying a Vita when Ys comes out for it, so until then I'm holding back...

Same here.
Title: Re: Killzone Mercenary PS Vita
Post by: KaZudra on August 19, 2013, 07:32:55 PM
Hey KaZ, I know that you are a great Ys fan, so what game you recommend for me?


Ys Origin (PC)
Play Only after you beat Ys I + II.

Ys Chronicles I + II (PC, PSP, PC-Engine (Under just Ys I + II))
Play First or Second, but this is essential.

Ys IV Dawn of Ys (PC-Engine)
Direct sequel to Ys I + II.

Ys Oath in Felghana (PC, PSP)
Flagship Game, play First or Second.

Ys Ark of Napishtim (Ys VI) (PC only, PSP version is the devil)
Play After Ys Oath, a bit clunky but very good.

Ys Seven (PSP, PC version is whenever they translate it eventually)
Since it's very stand-alone, play anytime

Ys vs. Sora no Kiseki: Alternative Saga (PSP)
Fun fighting game using the Ys Seven engine, play whenever.
Title: Re: Killzone Mercenary PS Vita
Post by: Lelygax on August 19, 2013, 08:06:56 PM
Almost all for PC, cool. But where is Ys III in this list? Its not good? lol

Also I remember seeing some PSX versions, they are inferior to those suggested?
Title: Re: Killzone Mercenary PS Vita
Post by: KaZudra on August 19, 2013, 08:19:34 PM
Oath in Felghana is a remake of Ys III, the original was a clunky side scroller, I can only recommend the Ps2 and PC-engine versions
Ys VI and V were also on PS2 but no english makes em harder to play

Title: Re: Killzone Mercenary PS Vita
Post by: Lelygax on August 19, 2013, 08:43:43 PM
Nice, sorry for derailing your thread Montoya :P
Title: Re: Killzone Mercenary PS Vita
Post by: Belmontoya on August 19, 2013, 08:58:08 PM
Hahaha. Come on guys... Killzone...  :P
Title: Re: Killzone Mercenary PS Vita
Post by: X on August 20, 2013, 09:47:21 AM
Quote
Ys IV Dawn of Ys (PC-Engine)
Direct sequel to Ys I + II.

Dawn of Ys is not actually the true sequel to Ys I & II. An interview with the creator of the series said that the Super Famicom version: 'Ys 4 Mask of the Sun' was the true sequel. Dawn of Ys was handled by a different development team at the time. The story is very similar to MotS but there are a lot of things different about the PC-engine version. The new Vita game of Ys 4 is based on the Super Famicom version.

Quote
Hahaha. Come on guys... Killzone...  :P

Yeah things have gone a bit off-topic haven't they? Then again the PS Vita is also in the thread title.
Title: Re: Killzone Mercenary PS Vita
Post by: KaZudra on August 20, 2013, 10:34:49 AM
Dawn of Ys is not actually the true sequel to Ys I & II. An interview with the creator of the series said that the Super Famicom version: 'Ys 4 Mask of the Sun' was the true sequel. Dawn of Ys was handled by a different development team at the time. The story is very similar to MotS but there are a lot of things different about the PC-engine version. The new Vita game of Ys 4 is based on the Super Famicom version.

Yeah, but despite non-canon it was the superior fourth entry...

Also anyone looking forward to Killzone ps4?
Title: Re: Killzone Mercenary PS Vita
Post by: Belmontoya on August 22, 2013, 10:27:02 AM
I must be the only person around here who likes Killzone. The open beta reviews are really good for this game. Looks like it's gonna be the hallmark of the system so far.
Title: Re: Killzone Mercenary PS Vita
Post by: Belmontoya on August 30, 2013, 07:42:25 AM
Been playing the killzone beta and I gotta say... Wow. It's worth owning a vita for just by itself.
Title: Re: Killzone Mercenary PS Vita
Post by: Lelygax on August 30, 2013, 08:10:42 AM
Hey, if you allow me I want to make a Vita-related question (why I become so formal in a blink? lol)

Since there is a Vita edition that accepts 3G, you can use it as a phone to make and receive calls?
Title: Re: Killzone Mercenary PS Vita
Post by: Belmontoya on August 30, 2013, 08:50:35 PM
Umm, we'll I don't know. I have a wifi vita. I know you can Skype call people with it.

Party chat on it is awesome too. I'm really excited to use the remote play features with my future PS4 as well.
Title: Re: Killzone Mercenary PS Vita
Post by: Lelygax on August 30, 2013, 08:54:46 PM
Thanks, I didnt knew that you could use Skype in a PS Vita.