Castlevania Dungeon Forums

The Castlevania Dungeon Forums => Hardcore Gaming 101 => Topic started by: Inccubus on September 22, 2013, 08:44:56 PM

Title: Creepy Gaming / Haunted Gaming
Post by: Inccubus on September 22, 2013, 08:44:56 PM
I figured since we're approaching Halloween why not have a thread about creepy gaming / haunted gaming. <--- Incidentally those are the names of two pretty good youtube shows on the subject. So feel free to post stuff here that is creepy haunted or Halloween gaming related.

To start things off here's a Creepy Gaming Extra about a creepy and really unexpected cameo in Runner 2:

CREEPY GAMING EXTRA!: Runner 2 Easter Egg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rZTbDRsd_4#)
Title: Re: Creepy Gaming / Haunted Gaming
Post by: A-Yty on September 23, 2013, 05:44:07 AM
Does Creepypasta count? I mean, Sonic.exe is technically game, although a short hack. Too bad I couldn't find one without commentary, since it kind of ruins the mood:

Sonic.exe - Creepypasta (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAVy-Xt_ao0#ws)

Goddamn those game over screens are disturbing :D
Title: Re: Creepy Gaming / Haunted Gaming
Post by: Pfil on September 23, 2013, 11:07:12 AM
Haunting Ground.
Title: Re: Creepy Gaming / Haunted Gaming
Post by: Dracula9 on September 23, 2013, 12:03:02 PM
Haunting Ground.

Ooooooh, nice. :)


Yeah but most game creepypastas are just awful. Really I think Ben Drowned and a few of the Pokemon ones(specifically, Creepy Black and Lost Silver) are the only ones worth considering to be scary, and even those are a bit of a stretch. I won't even go into how shamefully bad the Metroid one is.

I'm gonna throw some obscure titles in. Rule of Rose, Call of Cthulhu:Dark Corners of the Earth, Hellknight/Dark Messiah.

And some classics like Clock Tower and Amnesia.

Aaaaand a few goof creepies like Romero's Head and the Gabe Newell room.
Title: Re: Creepy Gaming / Haunted Gaming
Post by: Kingshango on September 23, 2013, 01:18:44 PM
Polybius.
Title: Re: Creepy Gaming / Haunted Gaming
Post by: Inccubus on September 23, 2013, 01:28:56 PM
All of said games and creepy pastas have been covered on Creepy Gaming or Haunted Gaming.
I'm surprised no one mentioned MARIO.
Title: Re: Creepy Gaming / Haunted Gaming
Post by: Dark Nemesis on September 23, 2013, 02:42:33 PM
Haunting Ground.

One of the best games ever!!! Where is my sequel?
Title: Re: Creepy Gaming / Haunted Gaming
Post by: Pfil on September 23, 2013, 03:23:04 PM
I'm glad people likes Haunting Ground!
Hewie is so cute!
Title: Re: Creepy Gaming / Haunted Gaming
Post by: Aridale on September 23, 2013, 04:01:20 PM
I mention it everything a thread like this comes up but Nosferatu Wrath of Malachi is a great creepy game. Slender is also good. Slender The Arrival is pretty good too. As for creepypasta the BEN Majoras Mask thats was mentioned above is definitely the best Ive seen or read. Majoras Mask is one of my fave games and I havent been able to think about it the same since
Title: Re: Creepy Gaming / Haunted Gaming
Post by: Inccubus on September 23, 2013, 06:28:42 PM
Majora's Mask Symbolism! Moon and Skull Kid (Part 1) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbXTDDEj3VM#ws)

Majora's Mask Symbolism! The Four Kingdoms and the Masks (PART 2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIKNXFmjL1s#ws)

Majora's Mask Symbolism! THE ENDING EXPLAINED! (PART 3/3) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg3e6w4RYV4#ws)

AND...

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/articles/the-message-of-majoras-mask/ (http://www.zeldauniverse.net/articles/the-message-of-majoras-mask/)

Majoa's Mask is fucked up ass game just under the surface all on it's pwn.