Castlevania Dungeon Forums
The Castlevania Dungeon Forums => Hardcore Gaming 101 => Topic started by: e105beta on January 02, 2014, 06:44:20 PM
-
Picked up this game for the Steam winter sale yesterday. Didn't realize it was a Metroidvania until after I bought it.
Valdis Story Abyssal City Gameplay Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK0wkXNcuK4#ws)
The gameplay seems pretty solid so far, and the animation is amazing. I'd recommend it to any Metroidvania fans.
-
Yeah I got gifted this on the steam sale (along with Rogue Legacy and a lot of other games) and it seems pretty cool so far. I recommend Xpadder to anyone who can't get a controller to work with it. I've only played about 10 minutes of it though, spent most of my game time the last few days trying to penetrate the rules of Wizardry 6. (136 page manual + 40 some page fan FAQ)
-
I bought this game earlier in the sale (of course it ends up going on daily deal for less than half what I paid for it :P) and I'm having a lot of fun with it. The format is similar to a Metroidvania but the combat feels more like something out of a 3D action game like DMC. The combat really is great, I love all of the fancy cancelling moves you can do.
This game feels a lot like what I wanted Dust: An Elysian Tail to be.
-
Interesting. It almost has a slight CV touch to it as well.
-
Sorry for the necro but...can someone explain me why this game is barely talked in a castevania forum?
I've been playing it since i purchased a couple of weeks ago and i'm totally in love. Fun exploration, Amazing combat, though bosses, a redhead badass, entertaining story, amazing OST and visuals. my only niptick is that plataforming isn't as good as it could (But it's certainly there)
It really have anything a good metroidvania should have.
A video review:
Valdis Story: Abyssal City Review - ViiTCHA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNblYilPLOA#ws)
-
I'll let it go this once, Svart, but in the future make a new thread instead of necro'ing an old one. Us mods won't mind making a new thread on something that's already been discussed if the old thread has been quiet for a while, as this one's been since January. I won't punish you for this post, since you made a legitimate contribution, but just remember for next time :)
Anyways, yeah, it looks pretty cool. Man, I shoulda bought it for the steam summer sale, but I forgot...;_;
-
I only played through it once. Bought it because the in-game art looked really good. The combat is good, but I didn't get into it. Felt overly complicated, which is weird because NG and DMC are some of my favorite games. Maybe because it's 2d, it feels kind of weird.