Castlevania Dungeon Forums

The Castlevania Dungeon Forums => Hardcore Gaming 101 => Topic started by: X on April 07, 2014, 10:08:16 PM

Title: Got news...and to be perfectly frank, it's bad!
Post by: X on April 07, 2014, 10:08:16 PM
I heard my Bro mention something very slippery about our dear Mircoshaft friends and their XBONE 180. Remember when they said that the security protocols (which caused a massive backlash) were withdrawn? Apparently they are thinking of, if not deciding, to re-implement them. That means if you've already bought an XBONE 180 then Microshaft will most likely send in the new security protocols via system updates. Both he and his roommate said in tandem; "What The F**k!"
Title: Re: Got news...and to be perfectly frank, it's bad!
Post by: Intersection on April 08, 2014, 07:54:43 AM
For now, it's only speculation. Besides, it would be a massive misstep for Microsoft to reinstate its DRM policy without at least going public about it first, considering how heavy the initial backlash was...

Hopefully they'll understand that.
Title: Re: Got news...and to be perfectly frank, it's bad!
Post by: Ratty on April 08, 2014, 11:05:36 AM
Saw it coming a mile away. I'll be more surprised if they don't eventually re-implement most of that crap than if they do.
Title: Re: Got news...and to be perfectly frank, it's bad!
Post by: Belmontoya on April 08, 2014, 01:20:50 PM
I don't understand why people put up with Microsoft. I ditched them last generation. Sony is better to their customers.

I would love to see Microsoft out of the console market. Companies like amazon who value their patrons would fill their space better.

Nintendo should merge with apple and bring their games and motion controls to the Apple TV/ipad. Sony should do what they're doing. And Microsoft should go away and be replaced by amazon in the market.

Sorry for the rant.
Title: Re: Got news...and to be perfectly frank, it's bad!
Post by: KaZudra on April 08, 2014, 01:32:22 PM
I dunno, I'm hearing opposite things about Microsoft...
DX12 theoretically giving PC and Xbone the optimizations that the PS4 already has, Backward compatability, and fixing other stuff they fucked up.

and Honestly, I think Microsoft is doing those things, Last gen the 360 was a gold mine, they focused 100% on it, ignored everyone else and milked it dry.
now, Linux is quickly becoming a viable alternative to PC gaming, not that many people bought the Xbone, and Windows phone are irrelevant.

With fear of going under, Microsoft has to make changes that pleases the customers, potential customers, and attempt to win back the jaded customers.

Sony has nothing to worry about for now, but if the Xbone gets a 360 emulator they will very much be in trouble (cause of games)

Nintendo has near unlimited funds, they can fuck up for a few more decades before they go under, which is the exact attitude they have since they are fucking up so hard right now...
Title: Re: Got news...and to be perfectly frank, it's bad!
Post by: Ratty on April 08, 2014, 01:56:41 PM
I dunno, I'm hearing opposite things about Microsoft...
DX12 theoretically giving PC and Xbone the optimizations that the PS4 already has, Backward compatability, and fixing other stuff they fucked up.

and Honestly, I think Microsoft is doing those things, Last gen the 360 was a gold mine, they focused 100% on it, ignored everyone else and milked it dry.
now, Linux is quickly becoming a viable alternative to PC gaming, not that many people bought the Xbone, and Windows phone are irrelevant.

With fear of going under, Microsoft has to make changes that pleases the customers, potential customers, and attempt to win back the jaded customers.

Sony has nothing to worry about for now, but if the Xbone gets a 360 emulator they will very much be in trouble (cause of games)

Nintendo has near unlimited funds, they can fuck up for a few more decades before they go under, which is the exact attitude they have since they are fucking up so hard right now...

Well Nintendo has had a lot of their biggest successes following crazy ideas in the name of innovation. For every time it's bit them in the ass (virtual boy, Wii U) there's 2 or 3 other times it has worked out great for them. Sometimes spectacularly so.

Also I forgot to mention nice Robin Hood: Men in Tights reference with this thread title :). Great movie.
Title: Re: Got news...and to be perfectly frank, it's bad!
Post by: X on April 08, 2014, 11:56:40 PM
Quote
Also I forgot to mention nice Robin Hood: Men in Tights reference with this thread title :). Great movie.

HAHAHA!! Glad you caught on Ratty!  ;)

The title seemed appropriate so I went with it.
Title: Re: Got news...and to be perfectly frank, it's bad!
Post by: JR on April 09, 2014, 07:33:11 AM
I don't understand why people put up with Microsoft. I ditched them last generation. Sony is better to their customers.


As far as their online services, I'd have to agree. I felt like I was being screwed as a Gold customer (to be fair, it was before they started offering free games), so I just let it expire around a year ago.

PS Plus on the other hand...now that's a service I legitimately like. I've played a handful of their free games that I might not have even considered otherwise. The discounts are nice, too. Big fan of PS Plus.
Title: Re: Got news...and to be perfectly frank, it's bad!
Post by: zangetsu468 on April 09, 2014, 05:03:56 PM
Nintendo has near unlimited funds, they can fuck up for a few more decades before they go under, which is the exact attitude they have since they are fucking up so hard right now...

I have no idea what they're doing at the moment. They seem to be neglecting some franchises that could potentially be cash cows and bring back Wii-U sales. I think most of us loyal fans are getting tired of hearing "please understand"
Title: Re: Got news...and to be perfectly frank, it's bad!
Post by: KaZudra on April 09, 2014, 10:40:40 PM
I have no idea what they're doing at the moment. They seem to be neglecting some franchises that could potentially be cash cows and bring back Wii-U sales. I think most of us loyal fans are getting tired of hearing "please understand"

Nintendo is shit now, almost all of thier games can be beaten within days, the 3DS is weaker than the PSP, The Wii-U has no worthy non-mario games. They milk Zelda mario Pokemon and Kirby and neglect all others until smash bros.

Sad part is all they really have to do is simply give a damn
Title: Re: Got news...and to be perfectly frank, it's bad!
Post by: darkmanx_429 on April 10, 2014, 09:42:23 AM
Did you say Sony is better to their customers?! And no I am not a Microsoft fan-boy...