Castlevania Dungeon Forums

The Castlevania Dungeon Forums => Hardcore Gaming 101 => Topic started by: VladCT on June 03, 2014, 08:48:26 AM

Title: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: VladCT on June 03, 2014, 08:48:26 AM
Who's Next? - Official Mortal Kombat X Announce Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci6lMQNLKZU#ws)

So...why rap of all things?
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: Jorge D. Fuentes on June 03, 2014, 09:44:27 AM
Looks wonderful.
But I won't get to play it for quite some time, as I have no plans of getting an XOne or PS4.
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: VladCT on June 03, 2014, 10:07:45 AM
Dunno why I forgot to mention this, but the trailer seems to imply stage interaction a la Injustice.
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: KaZudra on June 03, 2014, 03:42:34 PM
Looks wonderful.
But I won't get to play it for quite some time, as I have no plans of getting an XOne or PS4.
I'm getting it on PC (its corss-gen mutli-platform)
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: Inccubus on June 03, 2014, 03:51:00 PM
I really hope all that mid-fight bone-breaking is not part of the actual game. Even with suspension of disbelief that would be really hard for me to swallow.
Didn't much like Scorpion's outfit either. Seemed a little too Assassin's Creed.
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: X on June 03, 2014, 06:01:11 PM
Quote
Didn't much like Scorpion's outfit either. Seemed a little too Assassin's Creed.

Yeah it really does. It's like what Mercurysteam tried to do with Simon's look before they finalized it. I know Assassin's Creed is popular but common developers, have some individuality here! These characters already have their own styles. Don't go mucking it up because it's the in-thing now. It's like that old additive; "why be yourself when you can be me?"
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: darkmanx_429 on June 03, 2014, 06:31:14 PM
Damn, I thought this looked awesome! And rap, while it wasn't bad I was happy that it seems the developers were trying to have a different feel for the tenth Mortal Kombat.

My only gripe is, I get Scorp and Sub in EVERY Mortal Kombat, but when will the plot between them be concluded?

I was all with the Lin Kuei and the whole Cyber Ninja storyline. And didn't Scorp realize that  he was stalking the brother of the original Sub Zero, and then realize he was being played by Quan Chi. Didn't eventually he kill the original Sub-Zero? Why are they still fighting? Didn't Sub-Zero become Noob Sabiot? I'm so confused!
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: Jorge D. Fuentes on June 04, 2014, 06:20:49 AM
I really hope all that mid-fight bone-breaking is not part of the actual game. Even with suspension of disbelief that would be really hard for me to swallow.
Didn't much like Scorpion's outfit either. Seemed a little too Assassin's Creed.

That was in there since the last Mortal Kombat, y'know.
And yes, it totally breaks the suspension of disbelief as things break but the characters keep on fighting.
And you should see the battle damage on people's skin; I've seen people with their eyelids missing mid-fight.

(http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110912144552/mk_/images/2/2f/Char_damage_raiden_a_color.PNG)

Fun fact: when I went to PAX-East years ago, they were showcasing Mortal Kombat 9 and I was one of the few people who said "Can you guys tone it down on the blood splatter?  The characters are so banged up and bloodied what with the splatter that it's hard to even recognize 'em anymore".  The dev said "Interesting response".
The blood splatter did get toned down in the final version, and I believe there's a slider for it in the options (I haven't played it in a while though).
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: ganonfloyd on June 04, 2014, 04:01:09 PM
yesssssssssssssssssssssssss

There are few things more precious to me than MK.
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: crisis on June 04, 2014, 04:11:19 PM
IN MY OPINION mk vs. dc universe was the most mismatched game they couldve made. seriously? superman alone can take out the entire mk cast, at once :rollseyes:

instead i would love to see mortal kombat vs. killer instinct, or even soul calibur, at least those characters blend together & make sense. maybe even spawn universe. scorpion vs spawn would be epic


whatever happened to Virtua fighter
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: Inccubus on June 04, 2014, 05:01:01 PM
IN MY OPINION mk vs. dc universe was the most mismatched game they couldve made. seriously? superman alone can take out the entire mk cast, at once :rollseyes:

instead i would love to see mortal kombat vs. killer instinct, or even soul calibur, at least those characters blend together & make sense. maybe even spawn universe. scorpion vs spawn would be epic


whatever happened to Virtua fighter

This! SOOO this1!
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: darkmanx_429 on June 04, 2014, 06:23:38 PM
This! SOOO this1!

Never happening unfortunately.

Gotta get your MUGEN fix for that...
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: son_the_vampire on June 05, 2014, 07:36:58 AM
Dunno why I forgot to mention this, but the trailer seems to imply stage interaction a la Injustice.
Yea that interaction has been around since MK3
IN MY OPINION mk vs. dc universe was the most mismatched game they couldve made. seriously? superman alone can take out the entire mk cast, at once :rollseyes:

instead i would love to see mortal kombat vs. killer instinct, or even soul calibur, at least those characters blend together & make sense. maybe even spawn universe. scorpion vs spawn would be epic


whatever happened to Virtua fighter
I see what u mean about superman but his infinite strength takes a backseat to anyone who can contain him via magic so that gives a few MK guys breathing room
I would have loved for a MK vs Spawn matchup: especially the cast from in The Demons Hand
#################
This might conclude the Scorpion vs Sub bout but his death could be similar to when Lui was killed in Deadly Alliance<?>

Basically what I'm saying is don't be surprised if you see zombie sub-zero
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: VladCT on June 10, 2014, 08:26:48 AM
By the way, Boon says the game's running on a modified UE3 for 60fps 1080p. Dunno which platform though aside from PC Master Race.
Mortal Kombat 10 Gameplay 1080p HD (E3 2014) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gEhY_OiNsc#ws)
(you're not gonna see 60fps here though 'cause stupid youtube can't do more than 30fps)
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: darkmanx_429 on June 10, 2014, 04:37:53 PM
Even though I know I am probably going to love this game I am fairly disappointed after seeing the initial trailer. To me this looks like a upgraded version of MK9, while that trailer showed more dynamic camera shots and countering.

I think if they would of hit the mark of basically recreating the feel and gameplay of the trailer, that would of been sooo awesome! That trailer really looked next gen.

Nice to see some brand new characters finally though. Kinda weird though, very X-men: First Class to me.
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: VladCT on June 12, 2014, 05:10:19 AM
PlayStation E3 2014 | Mortal Kombat X | Live Coverage (PS4) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAKI1tVONI0#ws)
So this might be the kinda-sorta SFIII equivalent to this franchise.
Also, yes, you heard that right. Johnny and Sonya got it on and that's their daughter in the game.
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: X on June 12, 2014, 10:19:18 AM
Quote
Also, yes, you heard that right. Johnny and Sonya got it on and that's their daughter in the game.

I wonder is she has her dad's testicle-breaking attack  :-X
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: VladCT on June 12, 2014, 10:21:03 AM
From what I've heard, one of her variants has it.
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: darkmanx_429 on June 17, 2014, 06:30:32 PM
The Ed Boon trailer and interview look waaay crisper than the reveal trailer I saw. I still say that Preview trailer looked better and more dynamic gameplay like the countering!

This game looks super fun though! I want to play it for the story anyways! Johnny and Sonya's daughter?! 25 Years in the future? Worth the price of admission alone!

I hope they do a female from Motoro's race. I really wished to see a true MK 3 version of that type of character for next gen!
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: VladCT on July 13, 2014, 12:11:56 AM
Look who's back, it's the god who fucked up.
Mortal Kombat X Raiden Trailer Mortal Kombat 10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4aQzebdHv4#ws)
Warning: random loud audio spikes; recorded straight from EVO stream.
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: theplottwist on July 13, 2014, 02:30:16 AM
The random noise on the end reminds me of Wombo Combo XD

This aside, Raiden looks badass (and probably plays bass-ly too!)
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: VladCT on August 11, 2014, 04:28:37 PM
And now Kano's also back.
Mortal Kombat X - Kano Trailer Gameplay (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgzTG1y4GXQ#ws)
High/low counter-grab? Did he get some lessons from Geese?
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: darkmanx_429 on August 14, 2014, 03:26:50 PM
And now Kano's also back.
Mortal Kombat X - Kano Trailer Gameplay (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgzTG1y4GXQ#ws)
High/low counter-grab? Did he get some lessons from Geese?

Flawless Victory! ROFL
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: VladCT on October 02, 2014, 09:06:57 AM
It's been quite a while, but here's another returning character.
Mortal Kombat X – Quan Chi Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo2RmucjQLQ#ws)
I wonder if Shinnok will be in this game too?
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: darkmanx_429 on October 04, 2014, 06:44:26 AM
It's been quite a while, but here's another returning character.
Mortal Kombat X – Quan Chi Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo2RmucjQLQ#ws)
I wonder if Shinnok will be in this game too?

They need more MK4 characters returning. I wasn't so hyped on the 4th game but most the characters for that game were pretty awesome!
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: DarkPrinceAlucard on October 04, 2014, 05:48:50 PM
It's great that Quan Chi is in, and I'm pretty positive Shinokk will make it in judging by Quan Chi being in it and MK9's ending, but I'm just hoping they FINALLY reveal Liu Kang.

He is my favorite charcter next to Sub Zero and there is a theory that he may be the new main badguy in this one given Ed Boon's statement on how fans will be shocked at who the new main badguy is in this one.
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: VladCT on October 04, 2014, 06:03:04 PM
Considering what happened, what if Liu Kang ends up as Zombie Liu Kang instead? I mean, wasn't everyone save for a certain few dead by the end of MK9?
Title: Re: Mortal Kombat X Announced
Post by: darkmanx_429 on October 05, 2014, 04:38:25 PM
It's great that Quan Chi is in, and I'm pretty positive Shinokk will make it in judging by Quan Chi being in it and MK9's ending, but I'm just hoping they FINALLY reveal Liu Kang.

He is my favorite charcter next to Sub Zero and there is a theory that he may be the new main badguy in this one given Ed Boon's statement on how fans will be shocked at who the new main badguy is in this one.

If the Liu Kang theory pans out I hope he is more to the Liu Kang from Mortal Kombat Legacy 2 Liu Kang. That is the best version of Liu Kang I have seen to date other than the original actor from the original MK movie.