Poll

How supportive are you of Lords of Shadow DLC?

Give me Reverie and Resurrection before I KILL!
Definitely looking forward to it --hopefully it's even better than the main game.
I'll play it...  Not expecting much though.
Meh.  How much does it cost again?
Lords of Shadow was a waste --maybe if I'm REALY bored...
I'd rather be violated by a Dark Priest.

Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Lords of Shadow DLC --Interested or no?  (Read 12547 times)

Offline honeybo

• Awards
Re: Lords of Shadow DLC --Interested or no?
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2011, 05:52:20 PM »
Nobody is forcing me to buy it, but the fact is Konami sold me a Casltevania game noticeably lacking content that comes standard in the series, but for full price. Paying $60 dollars for a Castlevania game with no bonus characters, no secret stages, no secret bosses, and no second/expanded quest is a bit ridiculous.
MegaMan 10 was a full MegaMan game by the series standards; it had all the typical content, the DLC was stuff no MegaMan game had ever offered (bonus characters, challenge stages, etc.). The fact of the matter is that by the franchises' standards, LoS was a bare-bones package. They may have artificially extended the games length by throwing in tons of repetitive (and long) fights boss fights, but that doesn't mean the game was particularly impressive content-wise. I don't appreciate Konami selling substandard games and expecting me to shell out more money for stuff that any other Castlevania game would have included.
Are they gonna make us pay to get an actually full inventory of subweapons too? 500 Microsoft points to get the axe and stopwatch? Where does this kind of thing stop?

Offline kadosho

• Hunter in Training
    • D-toid -Gaming for Robots
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2011, 06:08:30 PM »
To tell the truth, the music seems sub-par to me, listening to it on its own. Although I was excited in the past, going a new direction.
Looking at it now, maybe its just too overly "remade", too close to another platformer. Reading more details about the missing segments of this game, feels like a shallow move. Sure it may be worth the purchase price, but to find out that its missing key components just sucks out the reason to pull through every obstacle, to really enjoy it.

(Why I haven't bought it yet? Have you seen the price?) And seeing how the DLC may be pushed to a higher $. Makes me feel even more uneasy.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2011, 06:42:05 PM »
Nobody is forcing me to buy it, but the fact is Konami sold me a Casltevania game noticeably lacking content that comes standard in the series, but for full price.
You lost me here.
First, the game is the longest action adventure game yet this generation.
Second, from 22 Cv games only 9 have secondary playthrough.
Third, do you think that programming and rendering a secret 3D boss is easy? cheap? at the level of detail of loS? you gotta be kidding  :P

Everything comes full circle

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2011, 07:03:57 PM »
Yeah no game these days is that long, with a few exceptions, I would hardly say it was lacking in any content. Secret characters are  a waste unless they have a plot of their own, sure they can be fun, but if nothing major is changed in the game, it's no deal breaker. And if you want side quests or something they always have the challenges for the stages.

I feel the game was worth the $80 I bought the special edition for,and I'll gladly pay the extra $20 or so dollars for the two DLC packs. My thanks goes out to Mr. Cox for the dlc
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2011, 07:19:57 PM »
$10 is the most I'll pay, not a cent more.  I'd love to see some avatar goodies come along with this as well.  Hell, I'd pay a few for Gabriel's outfit and a Combat Cross
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2011, 08:07:13 PM »
Yeah no game these days is that long, with a few exceptions, I would hardly say it was lacking in any content. Secret characters are  a waste unless they have a plot of their own, sure they can be fun, but if nothing major is changed in the game, it's no deal breaker. And if you want side quests or something they always have the challenges for the stages.

I feel the game was worth the $80 I bought the special edition for,and I'll gladly pay the extra $20 or so dollars for the two DLC packs. My thanks goes out to Mr. Cox for the dlc
Well said.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Belmondo

• A Miserable Little Pile of Secrets
  • Die Monster! You don't belong in this world!
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2011, 12:11:15 AM »
Well, it seems to me that the DLC is more or less going to make or break the current direction Castlevania is going in, since  it seems like it's going to establish the origin of Dracula among other things. So yes, I am extremely interested.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2011, 10:37:26 AM »
Not to mention that compared to other games with DLC, LoS is suprisingly complete even without any DLC, avoiding the DLC trap of selling half baked games and then charging you for features that should have already been standard. Or for features that were already on the game but require "unlocking" payment. LoS came out. it was good. They decided to make 2 DLC chapters for it after the fact. Whats the issue?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline whitedragon_nall

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2011, 12:07:33 PM »
DLC irritates me only when I feel the full game was released half-finished and then developers charge more money to 'complete' the game. That was NOT the case with LoS. 15-20 hour action game are unheard of these days. It may not have bonus characters, secret stages and hidden bosses, but does that really matter when you have a more complete main game?

Offline kadosho

• Hunter in Training
    • D-toid -Gaming for Robots
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2011, 12:18:57 PM »
Catching up, 15-20 hours now that is a full game right there.
Most I have heard actually reaching was 10 hours (some even less).
Mainstream = shorter. And that's a bummer, seeing how much games cost lately.

I still have LoS on my "Want List". I just can't afford it right now.
But when I do buy, and play, maybe my opinion may change. So I still have an open mind =D

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2011, 01:16:03 PM »
I'm sure Satan gave it to Zobek and it gave Zobek a lot of powers. EDIT: LOL Wrong topic! :D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 01:58:02 PM by Chernabogue »

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2011, 04:26:42 PM »
I'm sure Satan gave it to Zobek and it gave Zobek a lot of powers. EDIT: LOL Wrong topic! :D

Satan is issuing DLC now?   GASP :o
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2011, 12:22:51 AM »
Satan is issuing DLC now?   GASP :o
Nah, I wanted to post in the Zobek thread but my Internet went WTF at the moment. lol

Tags:

anything