Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Can you fight child Maria in Dracula X Chronicles?  (Read 3766 times)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Can you fight child Maria in Dracula X Chronicles?
« on: October 14, 2008, 07:08:24 PM »
I think I may have found a secret scene in Dracula X Chronicles when looking through the scene data. I tried a whole bunch of combination of rescuing the maidens, but I couldn't trigger this scene.

Here's the two Richter and Shaft scenes. They're in the same file name set, so it makes me think its a Stage 6 replacement.

http://www.dimondsoft.com/hotlink/cv/ShaftSceneA.rar <- new scene I found in files
http://www.dimondsoft.com/hotlink/cv/ShaftSceneB.rar <- normal scene I get when I play the game

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Re: Can you fight child Maria in Dracula X Chronicles?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 07:41:27 AM »
are you saying you found a cut scene where Richter fights Maria?  or that you're hoping there's one in there?  is the secret scene in one of those two files you posted?  (i can't open rar files at the moment)

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 01:21:50 PM »
Apparently the new scene I uploaded happens only on the first play through if you rescue maria before Stage 6. I don't remember it, but that's what someone said on another board.

Offline outofthegamer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 03:14:51 PM »
You can fight Maria in the DXC version of SotN, but not the DXC version of RoB. Doesn't matter what your files have on them. The original version of SotN had a sound file of Maria turning into a Demon...that doesn't mean it was possible to make that happen in the game.

www.worldbeyondwalls.com - the original glitching website!! Join our forum today!!

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 04:01:39 PM »
This is about Rondo's remake, not Symphony.

mgfcortez

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 04:23:34 PM »
yeah it looks like another deleted part like the sotn ending.
i don't think its unlockable i think it was something they was going to add but never did just like sotn ending.
but never know someone might unlock it but i wouldn't hope to much alot of games have deleted stuff left on the disc even tho they changed there mind about doing it they'll leave the audio files on the disc who knows why :P

Offline outofthegamer

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 04:38:29 PM »
...but not the DXC version of RoB.
I was referring to the re-make, not the unlock-able RoB.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 04:40:45 PM by outofthegamer »

www.worldbeyondwalls.com - the original glitching website!! Join our forum today!!

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 12:02:27 AM »
The more important question is if you could fight Maria in DXC, and presumably due to you failing to rescue her and letting her defect to the dark side along with her sister, what would she look like?

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 01:57:12 PM »
In Reply To #8

protip: maria and anette aren't related at all. it was only the case in dracula xx/castlevania dracula x, which isn't a canon part of the storyline.

iga said so.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 06:26:42 PM »
Well whatever.

Tags:

anything